Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: Newbe
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 12:17:59 PM »
Do you like pie?   :old:

It is required to like pie...  :old:

Pie is good...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 12:50:07 PM »
Raven, look me up either on the forums or in-game. I'm more than happy to work with any new players!  :salute
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 01:00:57 PM »
Do you like pie?   :old:

If I ate one of your pies,

1. would I find a hair in it?
2. would I get a free case of crabs with it?

I'm just curious, because:

1. I like pie but I prefer not to find hairs in it.
2. Crabs are delicious and, if 1 crab is good, a whole case of crabs is better.

Besides, what do you want for $14.95 a month? Lobster?

It is required to like pie...  :old:

Pie is good...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 01:02:38 PM »
Raven, look me up either on the forums or in-game. I'm more than happy to work with any new players!  :salute

Thanks, I will, but I want to get more familiar with the game so I can ask decent questions.  Flying does not seem to be a problem (landings need work).

Most of my questions will probably center on setup. For example, I have been trying to map a button on my joystick to a PTT for Radio 5, hate having to reach to the keyboard for a T.  Also I have not been able to map any rudder trim to better offset the engine toque on T/O (flying a Spit 5) right now.

Any help appreciated!!
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 01:08:48 PM »
Open the clipboard, go to options, controllers, go to map controllers. From there, hit the button you want to program. When it is highlighted, choose a function from the left that matches what you're looking for.

For voice, (from memory) it is a global setting for both range and tuned channel vox. For rudder trim control, it is under flight.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:31:46 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 01:17:02 PM »
Most folks are happy to help with mapping questions in the TA.  That stuff isn't hard, just tedious.  I recommend scaling your joystick as well.   Morfiend and BigRat are usually in the TA Mondays as Wednesdays I believe... 9-11pm est.  Both are certified AH Trainers.  Also, you can PM anyone in the trainer corps and make an appointment.

<S>
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 01:19:32 PM »
Welcome to the addiction Raven!  :salute

If you didn't already know about it Vudu15 has some great tutorials and tips videos on YouTube under the username vuduvince. I also have a few videos as well under ChainGuN2.

Good luck in those skies!  :aok :cheers:

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 01:20:37 PM »
Welcome to the addiction Raven!  :salute

If you didn't already know about it Vudu15 has some great tutorials and tips videos on YouTube under the username vuduvince. I also have a few videos as well under ChainGuN2.

Good luck in those skies!  :aok :cheers:

I have watched a couple of tutorials on You Tube, but I don't recall the names of the authors, but I will sure look these folks up.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:22:37 PM by Raven3 »
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2014, 01:21:15 PM »
Welcome to our playground Raven3.

You can also reach us via PM's and emails if you need any help or just want to make comments.

I tend to focus more on the support forums as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 01:24:31 PM »
Welcome to our playground Raven3.

You can also reach us via PM's and emails if you need any help or just want to make comments.

I tend to focus more on the support forums as well.

Thanks skuzzy.  One thing I need to do is get my Avatar clearer, but due to your size restrictions that may not be possible.
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 01:28:01 PM »
Welcome!  If you see me in game (call sign AMAX) and I can help with any questions, feel free to message me.  The game is a a lot of fun.  It has some of what you would expect when you combine a game with the anonymity of the internet, but the majority of folks are friendly and fun to fly with and against.
AMAX  in game

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 01:32:39 PM »
Open the clipboard, go to options, controllers, go to map controllers. From there, hit the button you want to program. When it is highlighted, choose a function from the left that matches what you're looking for.

For voice, (from memory) it is a global setting or both range and tuned channel vox. For rudder trim control, it is under flight.

Thanks, been there, done that, but I will sure try again.  Have not had any problem mapping anything other than these two items  BTW my stick is a T. Flight Hostas X
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 01:33:04 PM »
Welcome Raven, the more the merrier, lots of challenges and fun  :salute
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 01:43:02 PM »
Welcome Raven3  :salute

This game is a lot of fun, I'm glad you are here.  One of the best things you can do is spend time in the TA (Training Arena).
You can post a request for a trainer and get some one on one instructions.  The TA is also a great plave to practice, especially your gunnery.  In the TA you see your hit sprites on your foe but no one takes any damage so there is a lot more practice time with guns firing.  I would be happy to help you in the TA anytime you want.  I'm "Zoney" in game, just ask sir.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2014, 01:57:21 PM »
Thanks, been there, done that, but I will sure try again.  Have not had any problem mapping anything other than these two items  BTW my stick is a T. Flight Hostas X

Check if rudder trim is assigned to an analog control. That would prevent it working with a button or key press.