Re: Ki-84
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2014, 07:12:38 PM »
+1 to the four cannon 84.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2014, 07:46:22 PM »
KI84 is not a Spit16.  It is a great dogfighter and fits the same sort of slot as the 16, but its different enough that players choose it way less.  The 16 out climbs it by a little, out turns it before flaps, out accelerates it and out dives it. 

It takes more damage than a Spit, but that doesn't seem to offset the other stuff for most folks.

A 4 cannon would be popular and probably warrant a perk price.
AMAX  in game

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2014, 09:24:42 PM »
How so? The use/cooldown ratio is the same as on many other fighters, except instead of 10 minutes use/5 minutes cooldown it is only 1.5 minutes use/ 45 seconds cooldown.  If the Ki-84's WEP is OP, then the Bf109K-4's and Ta152's (as examples) are also OP.  Those all have four times the WEP recharge rate of British aircraft.

Correct, as I recall it, almost. Soda's eval page for AH states it to be 3 seconds on for 1 second off. But I believe it cycles quickly, and this corresponds to historical reality. I don't understand the beef.

Oh, wait, I guess I do. Schen shot me down the other night from his ki. Nerf that cheating POS aircraft and cut off one of Schen's fingers while you're at it. Then call me a waaaahmbulance so that they can pack my sore pink Petey in ice to get the swelling down.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2014, 10:17:29 PM »
C Hog should have a higher eny then KI84 with 4 20s.

C Hog has Hispanos
C Hog can carry 4 rockets and 2x1000

KI can out "knife fight" a C Hog but in the MA a C Hog can be a lot more proficient killer when it's at a fight where all it's doing is BnZ because of the high speed handles, dive speed, and the guns of the C Hog.

Even in a knife fight any of the Hogs can do well against KI if they are CO E.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2014, 11:39:11 PM »
Correct, as I recall it, almost. Soda's eval page for AH states it to be 3 seconds on for 1 second off. But I believe it cycles quickly, and this corresponds to historical reality. I don't understand the beef.

Oh, wait, I guess I do. Schen shot me down the other night from his ki. Nerf that cheating POS aircraft and cut off one of Schen's fingers while you're at it. Then call me a waaaahmbulance so that they can pack my sore pink Petey in ice to get the swelling down.

I feel humbled to even be mentioned, that being said I would agree if a 4 hispano 84 came to the game it would warrent a perk price, where to place that I'm sure htc would have an idea.

As for the 84 to a spit xvi there are differences as mentioned in previous , posts but what has yet to be mentioned is that in the hands of a competent player, understanding acm, energy and knowing their opponent the Ki is a great aircraft and can compete with a spit but is not on par with it. Thou if you were to take a new player and put him in the spit  and then a ki , he/she has a better chance for success in the spit, it is a more stable and much more friendly airframe to fly.

Edit: The spitfire xvi has the ki 84 to attribute to 2.6% of its losses as of now tour 173. Compared to 10% by the p-51 and arguably the spitfire can out turn and out climb the 51 under 10k. Thou that's a diff class of aircraft, how bout 3% losses to the nikj or  even 4.2 % by other spit 16s. These are just stats and u can take them them as you will but to say the spit is outclassed by the 84 is really not the case, of course that is my opinion.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:12:36 AM by Schen »
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2014, 01:49:02 PM »
Spiteen is a better fighter then the KI. It wins in everything but speed and range. It can out turn and out climb the KI and I think its "roll" is a little better then you give it credit for. Im sure the 16 can out dive the KI but I have no hard numbers before me.

They are both so close it comes down to the Pilot. The KI is a marvelous fighter for a 20 eny airplane. The Spiteen is so good at everything it gets boring to fly.

Im starting to like the KIs 2 250 kg bombs you can carry. For base defense its a nice little enabler when you have GVs running around. The KI-84 deserves all its accolades to be sure. A perked 4 Ho5 version would be a nice touch, tho I certainly wouldnt give it the edge over the C-Hog I think it would be a nice match up.

The Ki84 is a Spit16 with a Japanese logo.  Anyone who says otherwise is either deluding themselves or being intentionally dishonest.  

One could argue the Ki84 is a better plane in many respects.  Consider the following:  

- Ki84 guns are less accurate but have more ammo.  
- Ki84 is far better than the Spit16 in the durability department
- Both have similar handling characteristics.  Turn and roll rate slightly favors the Spitteen but its slight.  
- Speed is almost identical between the two below 10K (i.e. where most MA fights take place).
- The Spittteen climbs better, but it's not like the Ki84 is a P39 in that department.

Thus why I chuckle when I hear Ki84 regulars rip pilots who fly the Spitteen.  Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas.

So why would we want a plane like this to have four 20mm cannons instead of two?  So the chest-pounders can have yet another ride to fly regularly, reap kills on baby seals and feel fantastic about themselves?  

Sorry.  But there are far more interesting planes out there I'd personally rather HTC spend time modeling than working on "supercharging" an already dominant plane.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2014, 02:03:06 PM »

They are both so close it comes down to the Pilot.

If this statement is true then one cannot reasonably say the Spixteen is "better" than the Ki-84. What you have essentially said here in fact is that the Ki is a plane with superior speed and range on the Spixteen (and also much greater ammo load and durability, Ink claims it is about as tough a P-47) that can dogfight the Spixteen on an equal footing.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2014, 03:08:55 PM »
For any who might be confused by my earlier statement, <clearing throat>

In no way do I think the KI-84 warrants nerfing nor do I honestly wish that Schen, a reasonable and honorable soul, as far as I know, deserves to lose a finger. I was merely making mock of the OP who, no doubt, has had a bad combat experience or two in opposition to the KI-84. My sincere apologies go to anyone who construed my comment as a desire to do bodily harm to Schen or, worse, to nerf the KI-84.

BTW, imj, he's pretty good in that KI opposite a Spit 16. I've killed higher ranking pilots from that Spitty who were a good deal more clueless.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2014, 03:12:10 PM »
For any who might be confused by my earlier statement, <clearing throat>

In no way do I think the KI-84 warrants nerfing nor do I honestly wish that Schen, a reasonable and honorable soul, as far as I know, deserves to lose a finger. I was merely making mock of the OP who, no doubt, has had a bad combat experience or two in opposition to the KI-84. My sincere apologies go to anyone who construed my comment as a desire to do bodily harm to Schen or, worse, to nerf the KI-84.

BTW, imj, he's pretty good in that KI opposite a Spit 16. I've killed higher ranking pilots from that Spitty who were a good deal more clueless.

:salute sir and I am truly honoured to be referred to in such context, I hope to see you in the ma again, I enjoy a good fight.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2014, 02:41:20 PM »

If this statement is true then one cannot reasonably say the Spixteen is "better" than the Ki-84.
Except you can pretty much say it about ANT two fighters in the game. Most of all the closely matched, of which there are many.
What you have essentially said here in fact is that the Ki is a plane with superior speed and range on the Spixteen (and also much greater ammo load and durability, Ink claims it is about as tough a P-47) that can dogfight the Spixteen on an equal footing.

Nix the ammo load part. The 16 isnt weak enough on ammo to make that a factor. And the Hispanos are terrific guns. Nix the range part cause that is, 99% of the time, irrelevant. I dont know about the toughness part. Tho I'd say the KI-84 is the toughest Jap fighter that isnt saying much. I'd call it "competitive tough".

I do think the KI-84 can compete with the Spiteen on very close footing. I also would call the Spiteen superior. But not by a wide margin at all. The Spiteen is VERY easy mode. Personally I prefer the KI.

"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2014, 03:09:23 PM »
N1k2is, I believe, the toughest Japanese fighter, but the ki84 ain't bad. As for fighting the ki from the sixteen, I seem to recall that badboy generated an e-m chart between the two and the spit has s lightly better turn performance. Usually, I feel pretty confident against most ki's in the spixteen, but occasionally, a good pilot can pen you from one. Meanwhile, with the 109g-14, I always feel disadvantaged opposite the ki. As for its durability: it's a radial. Also, parts, especially ailerons, seem to come loose at in opportune times. That said, my anecdotal read is that it's pretty robust.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2014, 06:59:49 PM »
Except you can pretty much say it about ANT two fighters in the game. Most of all the closely matched, of which there are many.
Nix the ammo load part. The 16 isnt weak enough on ammo to make that a factor. And the Hispanos are terrific guns. Nix the range part cause that is, 99% of the time, irrelevant. I dont know about the toughness part. Tho I'd say the KI-84 is the toughest Jap fighter that isnt saying much. I'd call it "competitive tough".

I do think the KI-84 can compete with the Spiteen on very close footing. I also would call the Spiteen superior. But not by a wide margin at all. The Spiteen is VERY easy mode. Personally I prefer the KI.

the only time the 16 is a danger is when a fighting vet is in one.(talking 1vs1 in MA)

I do feel me vs me 16 vs Ki84 16 would win every time.

it is just so damn responsive....the only thing I don't like about it is.... it is fragile.

the Ki84 is definitely tougher then the N1K....

and leagues above the spits in that area.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2014, 07:42:18 PM »
Not speaking to AH, but I do recall reading that the Ki-84 was designed and built to greater strength factors than any other Japanese plane.

I am, frankly, puzzled at its control surface shedding in AH.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2014, 09:02:20 PM »
Not speaking to AH, but I do recall reading that the Ki-84 was designed and built to greater strength factors than any other Japanese plane.

I am, frankly, puzzled at its control surface shedding in AH.

Don't exceed 496mph indicated then, and my best guess is the fabric covered control surfaces at that speed, again best guess,

I remember my first time losing both ailerons in a 2v1 me being the one, I held on with a rudder and elevator for 2 mins before eating dust lol.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2014, 04:17:50 AM »
Sounds pretty good this KL-48, I might have to give it a try.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234