Author Topic: Uniform Rule Code for the MA: A modest proposal.  (Read 4720 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Uniform Rule Code for the MA: A modest proposal.
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2014, 01:24:22 PM »
I was tasked with several groups at work that were under performing.  One of the first things I would ask to see is the file of memos to employees.  The bigger the file the more rules the manager had issued.  The biggest files had managers that tried to micro manage everything choking off  the function of the department.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2014, 01:48:37 PM »
Telling people how to fly will never work. Things should be as they were in actual combat. I'm for realism not arcadism.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ray77

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2014, 01:52:48 PM »
I just there was some consequence to dying in the game.   Can’t take off from same base, or use the same plane for X amount of time.   
Don't tread on me.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2014, 02:05:38 PM »
I'd just as soon get drunk and do what I want sometimes. I always liked BnZ but this is a stupid idea imo. Too many rules out there now.
Lighten up Francis

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2014, 02:19:33 PM »
See rule #2
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:32:58 PM by hitech »
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2014, 02:36:14 PM »

Ya know.. I was one of the people complaining about how the game play has deteriorated. But I stepped back and looked at what was really going on. and found I was putting myself into the situations that I disliked. there is room for EVERYBODY to play the game the way they see fit.

Hoing ...  don't like being ho'd ?  here's a fact for you. it is IMPOSSIBLE to be ho'd unless you willingly put yourself into the position to be ho'd. and if you are in the position to BE ho'd you are also in the position to be the HO'er,
                     and the other pilot has to assume that is your intention.  IT TAKES TWO TO HO.

Being picked..  this is a fact of reality. you are fighting a war. the MA is not for fair fights. it's for killing the enemy and taking their assets to WIN THE WAR. you want a "fair fight" go to the DA, set some rules and fight away.
                            in real life, pilots fly with wingmen, the goal is for one to cover the other, I engage you, my wingman takes the advantage and comes in and kills you. 1 less enemy, mission accomplished.

Hording...     Pearl Harbor ring any bells ? or any other PLANNED attack in WWII for that matter ? Catch the enemy off guard with a superior force is what EVERY commander was trying to do.

Vulching...    Simple,  DONT UP FROM A CAPPED FEILD.

From the mouth of babes, wisdom.   :aok

Best advice I've seen in a long time...minus the misspelling of "FIELD" (I before E except after C, mon ami).   ;)

:salute
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2014, 02:40:16 PM »
Furball lake sure ain't what it used to be. Once, people who just wanted insta-gratification scrapping could go there. Now if there are no fights to be had in the MA, the DA is probably completely empty also. It's a real problem.

It has been asserted that most of the DA furball lake regulars used F3 mode.  The numbers in the DA dried up because they can do the same thing, only more dumbed down - and free - in another game.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2014, 03:00:16 PM »
i would never want these rules to be implemented. instead, i would like people to self police. but people dont do that either. its a pathetic world with pathetic people who will do absolutely anything for what they want. nevermind how sorry it is or how tactically stupid it is. hoing is 50/50 and desperate, gangtarding/congalines are done by lazy people who always want easy and arent willing to actually work for the kill. somehow it doesnt cross their mind that tactically, the ganging/congalining is stupid. because while your low, in a straight line, looking stupid, that guys teammates are lining you up for a kill. i think the pickers are lazy also. they let their teammates do all the work and then they come in and heroically steal a kill they didnt do anything for. everyone knows who those cowards are and they deservingly get no respect.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2014, 03:23:15 PM »
i would never want these rules to be implemented. instead, i would like people to self police. but people dont do that either. its a pathetic world with pathetic people who will do absolutely anything for what they want. nevermind how sorry it is or how tactically stupid it is. hoing is 50/50 and desperate, gangtarding/congalines are done by lazy people who always want easy and arent willing to actually work for the kill. somehow it doesnt cross their mind that tactically, the ganging/congalining is stupid. because while your low, in a straight line, looking stupid, that guys teammates are lining you up for a kill. i think the pickers are lazy also. they let their teammates do all the work and then they come in and heroically steal a kill they didnt do anything for. everyone knows who those cowards are and they deservingly get no respect.

Yeah, but they feed off each other.  Hordelings head to a field, which either turns into a furball or more often a vulch fest.  The vulchees up into the vulch and engage some of the vulchers low and slow.  The pickers pick the somewhat successful vulchees, and are in turn picked or driven off by the opposing alt monkeys that came from the next base over.  As the vulch gets pushed back, those conga line guys start to become easy targets as the defenders get more numerous, and the initial attacking group often gets pushed back to their base, where the cycle repeats.   And the circle of life continues.

It is a rich tapestry, woven by the randomness of its parts.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2014, 04:14:50 PM »
The freedom (realism) allowed in the game is far more appealing than any whiners hate of loosing.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2014, 04:26:33 PM »
Yeah, but they feed off each other.  Hordelings head to a field, which either turns into a furball or more often a vulch fest.  The vulchees up into the vulch and engage some of the vulchers low and slow.  The pickers pick the somewhat successful vulchees, and are in turn picked or driven off by the opposing alt monkeys that came from the next base over.  As the vulch gets pushed back, those conga line guys start to become easy targets as the defenders get more numerous, and the initial attacking group often gets pushed back to their base, where the cycle repeats.   And the circle of life continues.

It is a rich tapestry, woven by the randomness of its parts.

Wiley.
yep all true. and as far as the alt monkies are concerned: the only ones complaining about them are the lazy congaliners and vulchers. from what i can tell, those congaliners are mostly newbies, so we have to encourage them to break away from that when they are ready, and some of em have. but some are lifers in the congaline and vulchfest. the lifers, imo, have no pride or heart whatsoever. i never understood their idea that competition and taking on a challenge is bad.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2014, 04:53:54 PM »
I always liked BnZ but this is a stupid idea imo.

I agree on both counts!
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2014, 01:39:50 AM »
I agree but then again i dont :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2014, 02:08:51 AM »
A big no from me.   :huh
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2014, 02:30:51 AM »
I have not counted a single vote against HOing, picking, running, or alt monkeying. Strange, that is NOT the result I expected.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."