Author Topic: Your profession?  (Read 5830 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Re: Your profession?
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2014, 01:25:47 AM »
Ex-army. Now I run a small media design and marketing company.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2014, 02:21:42 AM »
artist/musician. i stay broke, but the dream is well worth it. i do pencil portraits, paint and play rock n roll and metal. i hope one day that people will see that art and music are neccesary for a healthy soul and a better society. i hope that my art will help people see beyond the material. i wish people in our modern world seen art and music as a good career choice, but today, only the material and money matter. being happy doesnt come in to play if it doesnt make gobs of money.

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2014, 03:32:11 AM »
Professional Student

my fav. job.
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2014, 04:02:20 AM »
Customer Service Representative for local electrical co-op.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2014, 04:19:49 AM »
artist/musician. i stay broke, but the dream is well worth it. i do pencil portraits, paint and play rock n roll and metal. i hope one day that people will see that art and music are neccesary for a healthy soul and a better society. i hope that my art will help people see beyond the material. i wish people in our modern world seen art and music as a good career choice, but today, only the material and money matter. being happy doesnt come in to play if it doesnt make gobs of money.

Good for you. The arts bring out the best in us, or, as Lincoln said, "the better Angels". My wife and I go to a lot of art shows, theater, occasional live music, movies, and she is an artist herself and loves to paint and create jewelry. For awhile I was a videomaker and if I had to do it over again I'd have gone into production of some kind. Probably editing. We have world class museums in Chicago that we love wondering thru.

We also have worse violence then many 3rd world countries and Ive been a Policeman in it for 3 decades. As a kid I thought it would be fulfilling work but the truth is it isnt while the arts have always been. Dont ever give up your dream. We gave my kid the gift of music and he still plays piano even tho he is in USAF right now. We try to support the smaller music and acting venues and enjoy the energy brought to the stage by youngsters just starting out with their dream.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2014, 04:35:18 AM »
Ok short story what is it that you do?

Short story: I develop the corporate pd process and supporting software tools for vehicle ( with support for unit ) programs - with my area of focus being ps-psc. I also go out and teach the engineering and finance staff how to follow that process and use those tools. It's a niche role but my eng- biz background makes me uniquely suited. The weasel part: process almost always involves the difficult art of manipulating behavior. This is the dark side.

I see you too sail under the blue oval.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2014, 08:04:46 AM »
Full time A&P mechanic. 

Where?

- oldman

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2014, 08:41:26 AM »
Full time computer nerd, part time musician and enjoying life.

Did 19 years in the Royal Navy, went to IBM (actually got headhunted), then emigrated to the USA, where I now work for MCCS (Marine Corps Community Service) as a system/network administrator. Use a lot of cutting edge equipment to fulfil my role, enjoy doing so and will probably retire via this job.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2014, 10:24:26 AM »
I'm a self employed PC tech mainly for households.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2014, 10:31:38 AM »

Flowhand

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2014, 10:45:42 AM »
Ah, I have a riddle.

My work involves math and numbers and the worse I do for my employer, the more money I make.

What do I do?

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2014, 10:50:54 AM »
Ah, I have a riddle.

My work involves math and numbers and the worse I do for my employer, the more money I make.

What do I do?

Accountant?

Electrical Engineer?

Scam artist?  :D
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2014, 11:00:39 AM »
Ah, I have a riddle.

What do I do?

I know I know!!

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline cut67

• Nickel Member
      • 483 BG
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2014, 11:09:33 AM »
Field Artillery. Hooah
The bombers give the boom and the fighters give the zoom

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2014, 11:11:31 AM »
Ah, I have a riddle.

What do I do?

Broker who is shorting the picks you make for your employer  :)  ...or you are hedging stuff for your employer?
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain