Author Topic: country stereotypes ??  (Read 4395 times)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
Re: country stereotypes ??
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 11:23:48 AM »
109 G6.
Wake up earlyer if you wanna troll me.

Edit: +1 to the ignorelist  :aok

That's the best you got, sonny?   :rofl

Please.  Try harder.

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2014, 11:34:55 AM »
I could get further, but there are some forum rules, for example the #4 one.
AoM
City of ice

Offline hcrana

• Copper Member
      • http://www.menacingferrets.com
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2014, 01:19:59 PM »

I keep reading all these threads, and seeing in game comments about 1 country talking smack about the other country(s). It's really starting to get old !  "oohhh the Bish horde" or " the Rooks are Alt monkeys". Are there daily meetings where each country plans their code of conduct that im unaware of ?  are there country specific login messages that tell the players how to play for each country ? 

C'mon guys, they are freaking chess piece icons. nothing more. All sides HORDE, All sides HO, All sides Climb for advantage. I've played for all 3 sides and heard the same complaints from each. Each chess piece is comprised of players from all over the world. from all different walks of life. no one side is guilty of any specific type of play.

Agree.  Ferrets switch sides at the first of the month, in order to avoid all that nasty BS.  If there's any meaningful difference between countries, we've not observed it.
Herr Doktor Professor Kolonel H.C. Rana
Kommanding Ossifer, The Menacing Ferrets
ILLEGITIMATVS NON CARBORVNDVM EST

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2014, 01:37:24 PM »
I could get further, but there are some forum rules, for example the #4 one.

Okey dokey, Smokey.  :aok

Agree.  Ferrets switch sides at the first of the month, in order to avoid all that nasty BS.  If there's any meaningful difference between countries, we've not observed it.

I was once a member of a squad that followed a similar practice, and agree with your observations.

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2014, 02:15:35 PM »
That's the best you got, sonny?   :rofl

Please.  Try harder.

I think we can do much better.....if required, we have everything saved that we need.....
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 02:25:16 PM by Canspec »

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2014, 02:43:29 PM »
I like watching some Bishop players complaining on 200 about how the Rooks and Knights have formed an allegiance to gang up on the Bish, but when it's the Bish and Knights or Bish and Rooks ganging up on the other side you don't hear those same Bish players complaining about it anymore.  :lol

I have flown on all three sides and I have heard the same complaints and stereotypes on all sides. The truth is all sides do everything. All sides HO, all sides climb to alt, all sides gang, all sides complain.

I just find it absolutely hilarious hearing people complain on vox about how this country can only fight when they have altitude over our base, but once we push them back and WE have the altitude over THEIR base these people no longer have a problem with people flying at altitude. Remember folks! It's only ok if YOU do it!  :rofl

Well said Latrobe, though you could have included the inevitable "There's a Spy in Our Midst!" complaint that you'll hear on all three sides as well.  :rolleyes:
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2014, 03:21:42 PM »
I think we can do much better.....if required, we have everything saved that we need.....

Interesting. 

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2014, 03:43:53 PM »
Indeed. If you wanna provocate any of us, start an other thread in the o'club and stop hijacking this one. None of us will refuse to take part in your little game. Til' then, leave this thread alone. Danke.
AoM
City of ice

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2014, 04:01:04 PM »
All sides suck...the amount depends on which piece i decide to fight for at the time.

Observations... all sides do the same thing from time to time but with differences.

Bish smash and grab and don't care...young dumb and full of .......
Rooks smash and grab but have finesse to their work so it doesn't look like they are hording as such(although I have noticed the bish way slowly evolving)They are like aristocrats... the old slap the face with a glove and pistols at 10 paces 
Knits smash and forget to grab....they drop everything and then forget why they were doing it and do something else. 15mins later remember what they were doing and try to finish it...but alas they forget this again..... I think this is commonly known as dementia

:D

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2014, 04:23:49 PM »

I just rather not fly Bishop as they are too keen of
killing Fighter Hangers

Why do I get so many kills of rook and knight bombers in 37mm field guns then? I assure you they like dropping bombs on FH's.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2014, 04:25:33 PM »
All I know is that the Knits have the best P-38 pilots.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2014, 04:31:17 PM »
All I know is that the Knits have the best P-38 pilots after I log .

ack-ack

:devil

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2014, 05:16:37 PM »
All I know is that the Knits have the best P-38 pilots.

ack-ack

yes,knights do have the best bomber pilots  :D

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline onerka

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2014, 05:27:06 PM »
We also switch around now and again...mostly in gv's.  Some are more aggressive than others...guessing each group is kind of like a net that catches somewhat similar players, though there is no precise sorting.  There are a lot of good pilots and tankers on every side...which is why we switch, its good to spend a little time with everyone.

Offline RedAgony

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2014, 05:42:39 PM »

yes,knights do have the best bomber pilots  :D

Wow, I haven't been playing for long, but yes, most P-38s I see on my team (the Knights) are 90% rockets and bombs.

This song came on, and I was invincible:

https://youtu.be/T3yPyc5ZdNs