Author Topic: Tool Shedding-Get rid of it.  (Read 7420 times)

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
Re: Tool Shedding-Get rid of it.
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2014, 09:38:33 AM »
No, first of all im a really crappy fighter pilot so im more of a target drone in furballs and second: my impression is that there are a sense of satisfaction among players that just sneaked a base. it is fun and exciting to go noe to a base, pop and level the town and drop goons before the enemy can react.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2014, 09:40:33 AM »
Its the guys u want to fight over the base that kills them because they dont want to fight with u.
The whole point of an MMO like AH is that you are paying your money to fight other player-controlled airplanes. People who want to avoid combat with other humans would logically be better off saving their bills and playing something else

Everytime a field getting vulched there are people screaming on the radio for bombers to kill the hangars on the attackers fields.
Translation-"They've beaten us down in this furball, so now we are getting vulched. Rather than doing anything to try to up and turn the tables, we are going to to take away the option of fighting, like sulky children kicking over the gameboard." Thank you for bringing that up Zimme and giving me the chance to explain how pathetic that mindset is.

AH is not an arcade game, an amount of strategy is required to win. Its about teams fighting each other in order to win the map by taking bases. Sneaking bases and avoiding opposition is something all teams trise to do on a regular basis.
I  :rofl at those of you who think Aces High is a war-simulator/strategy game. If one has ever played a true wargame, "War in the Pacific" comes to mind, the comparison makes one realize how laughable it is to call Aces High a game of that genre. Aces High is a combat flight simulator game. The MA has a very simplified and mickey-mouse base capture dynamic as a way to promote player-controlled machines shooting at other other player-controlled machines. When a game dynamic demonstrably tends to hamper player versus player combat, then that dynamic is contradictory to what the game is about and flawed.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2014, 09:45:30 AM »
No, first of all im a really crappy fighter pilot so im more of a target drone in furballs and second: my impression is that there are a sense of satisfaction among players that just sneaked a base. it is fun and exciting to go noe to a base, pop and level the town and drop goons before the enemy can react.

Why on Earth would one pay $15 a month for THIS game if one is not particularly interested in dogfights, if one thinks the land-grab is the primary objective, rather than the fight? There are tons of actual war strategy games out there. Aces High is brilliant game in the combat flight simulator genre. As an entry into the war strategy game genre, it would be laughable.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2014, 09:47:36 AM »

I  :rofl at those of you who think Aces High is a war-simulator/strategy game. If one has ever played a true wargame, "War in the Pacific" comes to mind, the comparison makes one realize how laughable it is to call Aces High a game of that genre. Aces High is a combat flight simulator game. The MA has a very simplified and mickey-mouse base capture dynamic as a way to promote player-controlled machines shooting at other other player-controlled machines. When a game dynamic demonstrably tends to hamper player versus player combat, then that dynamic is contradictory to what the game is about and flawed.

AH is what you make of it, not what you say it is. I love furballs as much as anybody, but I also love a good NOE run or base take once in a while. There are definitely elements of strategy that some enjoy more than others. Others simply want an arcade-style one-dimensional furball arena. That is how the WW1 arena is set up, and I believe its lack of dynamic action is just one reason why its population is about the same as the DA on a daily basis. I say live and let live. Up an A20 if FH's are down, it will out-turn a lot of MA rides. By the time you're shot down FH's are back up. 

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2014, 09:50:37 AM »
I didnt said that its a war simulation, just that the idea of the game is that an amount of strategy is needed.
I pay as much money as u to play and therefore i belive that my wish to bomb your bases is as valid as your wish to stop me from being able to do so.
There are often GV.s camping the fields and kills planes that are uppping, should we get rid of GV:s too?

However i think its far to easy to bomb hangars because high level bombing is far too accurate, a single set of buff should not be able to close down a base.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2014, 09:54:57 AM »
Why on Earth would one pay $15 a month for THIS game if one is not particularly interested in dogfights, if one thinks the land-grab is the primary objective, rather than the fight? There are tons of actual war strategy games out there. Aces High is brilliant game in the combat flight simulator genre. As an entry into the war strategy game genre, it would be laughable.

Because ive played for a month and im playing against guys that have been here for a decade, i dont excpect to be as good as them yet. I do dogfighting and furballing but i think it will be boring to do only that.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2014, 11:06:21 AM »
Toolshedding is a perspective of the person behind the screen.

If you are on the side trying to take a base, and you have many guys wrapped up fighting to gain air superiority, you have guys taking off and vulching the troops. 

Often times the guys trying to take the field wind up having to take off and fly back creating a daisy chain grinder effect.  In my playbook, if you don't get the base in the first 10 minutes, let everything reset and try it again later.  Many of the FSO squads are mission oriented.  As in real combat, you have to knock out comms of the enemy.  Since we can't do that here, the next best method is to get in as quickly as possible and wipe the hangers out rendering the immediate comms useless.  Then go to work on the take. 

The dynamic of the fight evolves depending on the situation and circumstances.  I personally prefer adapting to a situation as things change.  I will defend as long as possible as well as go on the attack.

But my personal opinion is that taking a base down isn't the true definition of toolshedding if it is an effort to take a base as there is usually an effort to resupply the base and town to make it immediately operational to get back into the schematic action of the game.

I understand the frustration, however, I simply find the environment I want to play cartoon fighter, bomber, tanker, etc... and do that.  When I am with my squaddies, I am usually enjoying the company while doing something I love to do.  But I would be against making hangers indestructible as it would promote bigger hordes to take a base IMHO.

I am not telling anyone how to play.  Just giving my opinion on the subject.  No disrespect intended. 
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2014, 11:44:35 AM »
What is the official definition of "tool shedding" in this game?

Thanks.  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2014, 11:54:54 AM »
Not taking the troll bait this time, but I will take the liberty of padding my post count.  :neener:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2014, 12:08:13 PM »
What is the official definition of "tool shedding" in this game?

Thanks.  :salute

There is no such thing as "official definition" of toolshedding.  A "toolshed" is any building, hanger, or object that can be destroyed. "Toolshedding" is the act of destroying said objects.  

..... and I too have increased my post count   :neener:

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2014, 12:16:07 PM »
Toolshedding - the art or science of denying the enemy of his tools of war or combat; Killing hangars, fuel, ammo.
Also extended to include strategic targets; Dar, Personnel, fuel, city etc.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2014, 12:29:53 PM »
Toolshedding - the art or science of denying the enemy of his tools of war or combat; Killing hangars, fuel, ammo.

"Art" "Science"  :rofl

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2014, 12:42:36 PM »
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2014, 01:14:26 PM »
Interceptor - The art or science of meeting and destroying incoming toolshedder(s).
Also extended to include hordes.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2014, 02:49:24 PM »
No Fugi, no!  Pissing into wind better! :noid

Not taking the troll bait this time, but I will take the liberty of padding my post count.  :neener:

That's pretty much what I've been doing here. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.