Author Topic: A 109 Dweeb Question  (Read 10434 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: A 109 Dweeb Question
« Reply #270 on: August 16, 2014, 12:00:10 PM »
Ya it said so on a wiki he read.  :neener:

Ah. A possible exception to my general principle shows himself.

Nonetheless, in debates on this forum about things like "which plane is better" or the like, both sides typically defend their point with more logic and facts that have been seen in any presidential debate since the time when television became ubiquitous.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 01:53:36 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: A 109 Dweeb Question
« Reply #271 on: August 16, 2014, 04:07:42 PM »
And you have some means of corroborating this?

Regarding gondies, no gondies, 25% fuel, full fuel... Doesn't matter except in a one on one same plane duel.  Taking a G2 with gondies and 100% internal is no different than taking a slightly lower performing but harder hitting aircraft.  If all you want is performance then everyone would fly Spit XVI's, La-7's and K-4's at 25% fuel.

Yeah true that. One reason I fly the G14 and G2 more than the K is because with gondies, it allows me to attack bombers easier, I can lead my shots further out with the 20s, and 3 20s should clean a plane in one pass of being hit.

I don't think the K4 is as big of a "newb" plane as people would like to say. Because most don't really understand the way it needs to be flown and aren't agressive enough it in.  
I'll give some reasons.

1. 65 30mm bullets. They are difficult to aim with. There is a lot of pressure to make the shot when you get the chance. If you miss the shot (that you could have made with another plane) then you have to pull up go for another shot, while increasing the risk of getting picked.  A 2 second burst is all you have time for and you need to make the bullets count. The bullets are the main reason why people end up getting picked, pounced on, and end up low and slow on the deck, while following the plane they should have shot down already.

2. It's not a BnZ fighter.
It is a mid alt, quick, powerful plane that likes to furball. You don't dive from 13k on to a plane that is 5k unless you want to actively engage them. The planes biggest weakness is diving in excel speed on 475. So, you don't dive on a plane (like in a p47) go for a shot, and extend away in a shallow climb. You have to spiral dive on planes that are lower than you which causes you to lose a lot of E, and if there are higher planes around you, they will likely engage you as you are diving on a lower plane. This makes the plane difficult to be successful in.

3. Defense.
85% of the players in AH aren't good defensively. (Mainly because they are concerned about always having the advantage) the K4 as well as every 109 loves drawing in higher planes to engage in order to pull a counterpunch attack. That's a whole nother topic. So If you are not a definsive type player you won't get as many easy overshoot kills as you should ( the K4 30mm loves easy over shoot kills). Since it's really not that fast and it's hard to dive, you will consistently end up fighting in the defensive position. Many new players don't understand defensive setups yet.

4. It's a loopfighter angle fighter
Learning how to ride a planes stall is one of the most challenging aspects of AH. The 109 lovessssss stalling. You don't flat turn this plane unless you have to and even then you should be trying to pull loops. Verticle loop flying is key to being able to cut angles inside of planes while using the 30mm to finish planes off. You have to be a loop vert flyer to be able to use the 30mm effectively to cut angles and make quick shots off stalling planes.  These ACMs are not taught by average sticks and it takes time to learn to use the stall to the 109s adavantage. It really like to be yank around and snap rolled.  

Many new and developing fighter pilots in this game have not learned these techniques effectively. That is why it is not a plane for new players, because the 109k, while being moderately fast, shouldn't really be flown like other fast fighter planes. It's really for people who are advanced in stall characteristics and mid alt (7-12k) who are aggressive and can set up shots using rope and defense loop angle deflection shots.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 04:13:25 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion