Author Topic: A 109 Dweeb Question  (Read 10482 times)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
Re: A 109 Dweeb Question
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2014, 08:52:33 PM »
In fact, I haven't seen anyone lately get slow and fight in a 110 in a while.

Then you are not paying attention...that or your definition of "getting slow" is a bit narrow.

As for the rest....you misunderstand the reason I mentioned the planes I did.  NONE of them can run.  Flying one into a knife fight truly is conquer or die.  No other options. A K4 can always "disengage"...the capability is always there to do so if the pilot is smart.  The option is always there.

This is an important when you consider definitions of "success" different from your own.  When someone who defines success as "landing kills" decides to fly one of these planes its an added challenge because by doing so they reduced their chances of "success" as they define it.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2014, 09:57:17 PM »
 :lol

Gotta admit the first time I saw Skyyr do that engine cut thing in the Dora I cried laughing.
Top Gun

Offline GOODBYE

• Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2014, 01:34:26 AM »
Latrobe doesn't even like 109's, he thinks they're too "mainstream".. hipster  :)
U.S. Army : Combat Medic

Selfless Service

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2014, 07:03:02 AM »
gratuitous repeat of uncreative troll material

:rolleyes:

Come up with some new troll material, please.  At least Changeup's are amusing.

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2014, 11:12:31 AM »
Then you are not paying attention...that or your definition of "getting slow" is a bit narrow.

As for the rest....you misunderstand the reason I mentioned the planes I did.  NONE of them can run.  Flying one into a knife fight truly is conquer or die.  No other options. A K4 can always "disengage"...the capability is always there to do so if the pilot is smart.  The option is always there.

This is an important when you consider definitions of "success" different from your own.  When someone who defines success as "landing kills" decides to fly one of these planes its an added challenge because by doing so they reduced their chances of "success" as they define it.

I haven't been on while you're on in a while but I can honestly say in the hours of video I have flying in the same area as you, you ain't on the low and slow list.

I attempt to fly the K4 and on the deck it gets run down plenty by 51s, temps, typhs, -4s, etc.   Its primary advantage is it's ability to pull itself around when slow.  It dives like poo.  You need to spend more time in before giving assessments.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2014, 11:14:30 AM »

So now you're policing what others find humorous?  Man, you ain't that important bro.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2014, 12:18:25 PM »
I haven't been on while you're on in a while but I can honestly say in the hours of video I have flying in the same area as you, you ain't on the low and slow list.

Still policing and judging how others fly?  Man, you ain't that important, or good, bro.

I attempt to fly the K4 and on the deck it gets run down plenty by 51s, temps, typhs, -4s, etc.   Its primary advantage is it's ability to pull itself around when slow.  It dives like poo.  You need to spend more time in before giving assessments.

You need to spend more trying to understand simple concepts, rather than posting disenginous replies that reflect your personal biases.

May I assume you are claiming the K4, on the deck, has no more inherent capability to disengage from a fight than the planes I previously mentioned?  I ask because you appear to be doing so.  You then attempt to back up your claim by stating the K4 is "run down plenty".  You fail to mention the planes you list as doing so are among the fastest in the game.   Could I run a K4 down in a 110?  How about in a P40?  A SpitV?  After you answer that, go read what I previously posted....maybe it will start to sink in.

So now you're policing what others find humorous?  Man, you ain't that important bro.

Not at all!  But new material would be nice...the "turns off his prop" stuff is sooooo two months ago.  

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:35:54 PM by Zerstorer »

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2014, 12:23:46 PM »
Quote fail... lol
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2014, 12:29:05 PM »
Quote fail... lol

Well...it's an upgrade from "derp derp" at least.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2014, 12:36:32 PM »
Well since this thread is way off the rails...

I would fly a Mk. VIII  :P
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2014, 12:41:50 PM »
Well since this thread is way off the rails...

I would fly a Mk. VIII  :P

Spit dweeb!  :D   :aok

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2014, 01:25:08 PM »
Still policing and judging how others fly?  Man, you ain't that important, or good, bro.

You need to spend more trying to understand simple concepts, rather than posting disenginous replies that reflect your personal biases.

May I assume you are claiming the K4, on the deck, has no more inherent capability to disengage from a fight than the planes I previously mentioned?  I ask because you appear to be doing so.  You then attempt to back up your claim by stating the K4 is "run down plenty".  You fail to mention the planes you list as doing so are among the fastest in the game.   Could I run a K4 down in a 110?  How about in a P40?  A SpitV?  After you answer that, go read what I previously posted....maybe it will start to sink in.

Not at all!  But new material would be nice...the "turns off his prop" stuff is sooooo two months ago.  

1.  I call people's flight as I see them.  Much like you attempt to police the BBS.  The difference is the community gets to judge flight.  They don't get to police the boards...unless your name is Skuzzy.
2.  You intimated that others, meaning you, fly the 110 on the deck slow.  I simply pointed out that I find you above your own airfields a lot....A LOT.
3.  My point about the K4, completely unlike the point on your head, was that the best pilots in the K4 know how to fly it so that they don't need to run.  A point that fell on deaf ears with your squadmate.
4.  You rang in with red herring examples of late war uberrides.

I suggest resisting the temptation to post for the sake of posting something.  Take a break...you don't have to post in every thread.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2014, 02:37:30 PM »
1.  I call people's flight as I see them.  Much like you attempt to police the BBS.  The difference is the community gets to judge flight.  They don't get to police the boards...unless your name is Skuzzy.
2.  You intimated that others, meaning you, fly the 110 on the deck slow.  I simply pointed out that I find you above your own airfields a lot....A LOT.
3.  My point about the K4, completely unlike the point on your head, was that the best pilots in the K4 know how to fly it so that they don't need to run.  A point that fell on deaf ears with your squadmate.
4.  You rang in with red herring examples of late war uberrides.

I suggest resisting the temptation to post for the sake of posting something.  Take a break...you don't have to post in every thread.

Thanks so much for your suggestions and reply. My responses:

1. Havent seen you on in quite a while,so im not sure where youve seen me over my base a lot.i tend to see you surounded by a horde of your buddies when i do come across you...but I digress. Feel free to call out on 200 if youd like to come see how I fly in the MA. Im on most nights...give a shout out!

2. Im not policing the boards....I leave that to you and yours.

3. Bravo on once again twisting the conversation back to your comfort zone of trash! talking and chest beating. And you even managed to throw in a tired ˝Your squad runs" shot too! Outstanding work.  :aok

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2014, 02:43:31 PM »

:rofl

How is this a troll? Are you that insecure about replies geared towards your fearless leader that you think everything is a troll?

You should look up the definition of a statement and redefine the slang term "troll". If I wanted to "troll" Skyyr I would troll him
and it would be a very DISTINCT troll.

"Skyyr only flies at 20k in a Dora and he runs at the first sign of death" -- that is a "troll".

I laughed at the Dora incident because I had never seen someone do it and it actually make me overshoot.

Fulcrum you have become the definition of a cry baby and you're like Midway::Bruv except Fulcrum::Skyyr.
His ankle has to be corroded by now as much as you hang around it.

I am glad Skyyr is your FPH, we all have them. DrBone and Blkjack6 are my FPH.
But I am afraid you have a slight obsession for Skyyr, sir.

I am sorry if you see this as a "troll" but it is just incite for you to change your ankle humping ways.
Top Gun

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2014, 03:06:20 PM »
Give it a rest you guys.
Wag more, bark less.