Author Topic: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28  (Read 15976 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28
« Reply #240 on: August 21, 2014, 03:03:29 PM »
The last encounter I remember encountering Kruel in the MA, I spotted a lower La7 while flying an La7 of my own, attacked it, damaged it, but the he forced the overshot and I went *poof* shortly thereafter. I think this may be a data point in both the "Does Kruel suck?" and "Is bnz'ing easy?" debate. *shrug*

I'm not quite sure what is meant by "stall fighting". Would any of these klep in?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/25h3ina2eo9pyhz/2slo_0041.ahf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/flyzozbdoqjvndl/FlymanK4duels.ahf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qlri58eybwrrxy7/p51spitIX.ahf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/88j7113n2618knk/P51engagement.ahf

I'll watch those later BnZ and will also respond to your earlier PM  :salute

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #241 on: August 21, 2014, 03:04:17 PM »
As a member of the Training Corps I believe it my duty to answer these queries as best I can for the sake of refreshments and duellists everywhere.

1)I believe such a rule should exist. Further more I believe real time streaming via webcam or alternative video capturing device should be mandatory for all 2 v 2 duels. In this way any potential Force Majeure incidents may be addressed promptly and with full HD clarity. This may sound a trivial matter, but I would urge those who do not see the dangers involved in ale wastage, or the potential for life changing discoveries within snack food, to think again. How would you feel if this happened to you? Try to put yourself in this position and visualise the emotional roller coaster that may ensue. This is no light circumstance to find oneself assailed by whilst passing the 15k mark in a 75% fuel energy fight.

2)Half filled beer is a must for 2 v 2 duelling. However, I find the suggestion that a pint glass be only half filled mildly offensive and in the interest of political stability I feel it is imperative that all pints be filled in entirety with the participants being forced, by fair ruling mind, to finish at least half of each pint before the merge.

3)The answer is simple. Remove the two adjacent pringles so as to avoid any contamination. Place these in a ziplock baggy as evidence. Now eat all but the last three pringles at your leisure. Finally, replace the penny on these last remaining pringles and take the afore mentioned photograph as evidence and then, only then, demand your replacement can.

4)Salt and vinegar and real ale are the only refreshments allowed in any 2v2 duel. Any 'light beer' will be confiscated and destroyed. Any snacks boasting the flavours 'BBQ', 'Cajun' or 'Paprika' will be considered doping and the participant(s) disqualified immediately with the possibility to face a 12 hour side switching ban.

5)The answer is simple and can be best described with this short, educational video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEN-iqMlB3Q

Thank you sir, for raising these pertinent and pressing questions.
S!

batfink
AHTC 2v2 Liaison Officer

Batfink sir,

Thank you for addressing the multiple conundrums I presented above.  

While I had hoped for a more robust response from a wide sampling of players in hopes of reaching a "community consensus", the fact that you are an experienced and well-respected AH pilot, part of the Training Corps and someone who appreciates salt-and-vinegars with ale, lends enough credence to your answers to put my mind fully at ease.

Thank you again for your response.

p.s. Your suggested handling of the remaining Pringles is sheer genius.

<S>

Thanks for the great post.  Best in this thread by far! :aok

You're welcome.  ;)

<S>
Ryno
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:10:22 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2014, 03:40:40 PM »

In actuality you all F#$@king suck.

Come get owned in the MA tonight

Looking forward to it as always!  :aok

Great post, Violator.   :salute
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #243 on: August 21, 2014, 04:10:44 PM »
Batfink has to be top 3 for 1v1 ability that play in game currently.

ahh man, there are people who can fight, people who want to learn to fight and people who are afraid to learn that they can't yet fight. There can never be a list in any other format.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #244 on: August 21, 2014, 05:28:09 PM »
ahh man, there are people who can fight, people who want to learn to fight and people who are afraid to learn that they can't yet fight. There can never be a list in any other format.

Deathly afraid, as this thread suggests.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #245 on: August 21, 2014, 05:54:18 PM »
This thread is toxic to Aces High.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #246 on: August 21, 2014, 06:03:51 PM »

But anyone who has ever fought a 1v1 cannot possibly be consigned to that last category...there was a possibility of them losing, yet they came on. And since the majority of players have done that thing, that means the third category must be thinly populated.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 06:07:14 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #247 on: August 21, 2014, 07:39:45 PM »
p.s. Your suggested handling of the remaining Pringles is sheer genius.

While it seems ingenious on first inspection I have to disagree.

Clearly the Pringles Company is being complacent with their shareholders investments.  I would photograph the evidence sending strongly worded letters to the SEC and to your congressman urging stronger Federal oversight.

In addition, I'd submit this evidence to a reputable law firm in consideration of a class action lawsuit.  While the rewards may take several additional years to obtain, they may well be sufficiently higher to justify the wait.  In fact, if you want to maximize this eggregious error on the part of the Pringles Company, you could complete your own law degree before bringing action, thus taking the lawers share of the suit as well.

Hope this helps.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2014, 08:03:44 PM »
This thread is toxic to Aces High.

Every time there is an argument about competition, or an AH member who prefers a2a fights raises an issue, god not only kills a kitten, but a potential new customer doesn't sign up, and a 2 weaker leaves in tears.  Three innocent creatures harmed by one single act!

I would counter that threads like this are essential to Aces High.  Challenges, egos, education, arguments, and jokes about all the above - it all makes the world go around.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:10:10 PM by Gman »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #249 on: August 21, 2014, 09:06:20 PM »
Every time there is an argument about competition, or an AH member who prefers a2a fights raises an issue, god not only kills a kitten, but a potential new customer doesn't sign up, and a 2 weaker leaves in tears.  Three innocent creatures harmed by one single act!

I would counter that threads like this are essential to Aces High.  Challenges, egos, education, arguments, and jokes about all the above - it all makes the world go around.

+1
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #250 on: August 21, 2014, 09:35:47 PM »
In addition, I'd submit this evidence to a reputable law firm in consideration of a class action lawsuit.  

I endorse this idea.

- oldman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #251 on: August 21, 2014, 09:51:54 PM »
Not many people in this game can beat me every 1v1 in any plane in the set...not saying I'm crazy good but I'm good enough to tell how good someone is vs the rest of the community.

Bat, you literally handicapped yourself the other night so as to make the fight better for both of us. Inverted merge, what an a hole :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #252 on: August 21, 2014, 10:58:51 PM »

Bat, you literally handicapped yourself the other night so as to make the fight better for both of us. Inverted merge, what an a hole :D

:rofl that sounds like something batfink would do, and Bighorn and Dedalos

that is hilarious

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #253 on: August 22, 2014, 12:01:02 AM »
as long as i have played aces high 25% fuel in duels has been what most use if you need more then why even duel in the first place it is a fight after all not a track meet. rather it be 1v1 or 10v10 25% is enough
G3-MF

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #254 on: August 22, 2014, 12:08:56 AM »
as long as i have played aces high 25% fuel in duels has been what most use if you need more then why even duel in the first place it is a fight after all not a track meet. rather it be 1v1 or 10v10 25% is enough

TC and Company know that.  Not sure why he's not helpin the "less than a year" guys understand it though.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba