Author Topic: More Fighters and UPGRADE What We Have  (Read 2525 times)

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
More Fighters and UPGRADE What We Have
« on: September 14, 2014, 02:10:11 PM »
We need more fighters that pilots would use, not like the Jap Plane KI - 43 - II. This plane was brought on board and most of us flew it one time and that was it! Then we got those wonderful Bombers He 111 h. If you haven't tried it, don't waste your time. Why are these planes added to the game? The only reason I can think of is they could be used in the early war game. But I doubt it.
We need more competitive planes. And many of the planes we have, need features to be updated. This wouldn't take much to focus on this instead of spending time , energy and resources on Water World. 
I go down the list of planes to make a selection and I go No, No, No, Boring, Boring, Boring, nope, nada. That's where we are at. Flying the same 3 planes over and over.
PLEASE GIVE US A FEW NEW COMPETITIVE PLANES!!!
KIMO :pray

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: More Fighters and UPGRADE What We Have
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 02:16:05 PM »
http://www.ahevents.org/

P.S. If you can't be competitive with the following HUGE variety of fighters:

F4U-1
    F4U-1A
    F4U-1C
    F4U-1D
    F4U-4
    F6F-5
    P-38G
    P-38J
    P-38L
    P-40
    P-47D-11
    P-47D-25
    P-47D-40
    P-47N
    P-47M
    P-51D
    Spitfire Mk V
    Spitfire Mk VIII
    Spitfire Mk IX
    Spitfire Mk XIV
    Spitfire Mk XVI
    Tempest Mk V
    Typhoon Mk I
    Bf 109F-4
    Bf 109G-2
    Bf 109G-6
    Bf 109G-14
    Bf 109K-4
    Bf 110C-4b
    Bf 110G-2
    Fw 190A-5
    Fw 190A-8
    Fw 190D-9
    Fw 190F-8
    Ta 152H
    Me 163
    Me 262
    C.205
    A6M3
    A6M5b
    Ki-61-I-KAIc
    Ki-84-la
    N1K2-J
    La-5FN
    La-7
    Yak-3
    Yak-7B
    Yak-9

(I count 48 models and variants - including the P-40 *chuckle*)

then adding more uber ain't gonna do it for ya. (Just sayin')

:salute :cheers: :D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 02:41:41 PM by Arlo »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 02:25:41 PM »
No offense.  :)

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 02:30:50 PM »
One man's opinion I guess. On the other hand some find your competitive planes to be boring boring boring.

But seriously do you have an aircraft in mind that you would like to have in the game?

(Don't hate on the HE-111, its the hippest bomber in the game.)
Pies not kicks.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 02:35:27 PM »
The is a common cognitive disconnect in our game that helps keep new toys coming, or old toys getting updated. Wanting new rides for innocent reasons presented on face value opposed to wanting something new and better for the sake of new and better and some how more powerful.

Kimo displays this in a honest forward manner without knowing it.

The wish for some other ride that might just click with your current abilities, and give you a sudden boost above your existing skill set. Opposed to visiting the TA or the DA for ACM lessons.

Arlo, we have all been there.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 02:38:16 PM »
Heh hehehe

(Note - one of these has been modeled/added since this visual was created)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 02:39:51 PM »
Hi, Buster. Good to have you back!  :)

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 02:45:27 PM »
Heh hehehe

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

(Note - one of these has been modeled/added since this visual was created)

+1 to all of em, and don't forget the F6F-3, we have 5 hogs and only 1 hellcat... :(

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 02:50:41 PM »
+1 to all of em, and don't forget the F6F-3, we have 5 hogs and only 1 hellcat... :(

Good point! +1

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 03:04:44 PM »
We need more fighters that pilots would use, not like the Jap Plane KI - 43 - II. This plane was brought on board and most of us flew it one time and that was it! Then we got those wonderful Bombers He 111 h. If you haven't tried it, don't waste your time. Why are these planes added to the game? The only reason I can think of is they could be used in the early war game. But I doubt it.
We need more competitive planes. And many of the planes we have, need features to be updated. This wouldn't take much to focus on this instead of spending time , energy and resources on Water World.  
I go down the list of planes to make a selection and I go No, No, No, Boring, Boring, Boring, nope, nada. That's where we are at. Flying the same 3 planes over and over.

You forgot to ask for the X-Wing, F22, and Mig-29.  You're the type of player that needs the latest, the greatest, and the most "flash-bang" colorful aircraft in order to "enjoy" the game whatever it may be.  I bet you're the type of guy who claims your team favorites are the ones who won last years championship game. I bet your the easiest guy to get on the bandwagon for what is "best".  If you cant see the bigger picture than perhaps step back, take a deep breath, and try again. AH is far bigger than being an arcade game.

Why don't you try taking a plane that isn't one of the "three" you're flying over and over.  Try the 109G's, P47's, Yak's, etc. Leave the arcade planes in the hanger and challenge yourself. Do you not have a sense of "I accomplished something" when you land kills in a P40? 109G? Zekes? 190's? Etc. There are DOZENS of fighters to chose from. Learn them. CHALLENGE THYSELF!  
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 03:11:11 PM »
buy a jet game and go fly jets. the HE111 and and the Ki 43 are some of the best things HTC could do. not every aspect of this game revolves around the LW MA

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 03:21:24 PM »

What are the three planes "we" are flying over and over?  I would bet that your three planes are mothballed in my hangar. 

And you don't need the at, it's superfluous.  :)
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 03:25:25 PM »
Nooooo. Don't buy a 'jet game' like USCH recommends (I understand where he's coming from but we need ya).

HTC/Dale and co. have been adding uber planes since the inception of the game. There is no shortage of them.
There may even be more added. However, needing another uber added to overcome boredom indicates, to me,
not so much a problem with the plane set as it may be with how you approach boredom. As another suggested,
fly something outside the '3 plane set' (seriously?) you have limited yourself to. Come join those of us who
fly historical events. Join or fly with a squad that has an historical slant in the MA. You may be surprised how
'un-boring' things can get. And spread the joy. Get others hooked.

Anyhoo. On a side note, I'd like to see various nationalities of ships modeled to promote more sea warfare (perhaps
luring that other small niche that is into WWII surface ocean warfare). And it would help events,as well. If it sounds
like I like historical scenarios ... well ..... guilty. (And I even like flying historically in the MA).  :cheers:

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 03:44:30 PM »
Fly the p40c for an entire tour. Than you will know true power.
See Rule #4

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2014, 03:46:16 PM »

Do to piss poor way of going about this...

How about listing just ONE of these so called "competitive planes" you are looking for?
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.