Author Topic: More Fighters and UPGRADE What We Have  (Read 2526 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: More Fighters and UPGRADE What We Have
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2014, 03:57:39 PM »
We need more fighters that pilots would use, not like the Jap Plane KI - 43 - II. This plane was brought on board and most of us flew it one time and that was it! Then we got those wonderful Bombers He 111 h. If you haven't tried it, don't waste your time. Why are these planes added to the game? The only reason I can think of is they could be used in the early war game. But I doubt it.
We need more competitive planes. And many of the planes we have, need features to be updated. This wouldn't take much to focus on this instead of spending time , energy and resources on Water World. 
I go down the list of planes to make a selection and I go No, No, No, Boring, Boring, Boring, nope, nada. That's where we are at. Flying the same 3 planes over and over.
PLEASE GIVE US A FEW NEW COMPETITIVE PLANES!!!
KIMO :pray

I was checking the stats to see which 3 planes you feel are the only rides worth riding and I can't find you as BBP, or KIMO. Do you even fly?

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2014, 04:51:51 PM »
I go down the list of planes to make a selection and I go No, No, No, Boring, Boring, Boring, nope, nada. That's where we are at. Flying the same 3 planes over and over.
PLEASE GIVE US A FEW NEW COMPETITIVE PLANES!!!
KIMO :pray
If you want things to be interesting fly the "less competitive" planes - the more capable a plane is, the less interesting it is to fly and fight with. Flying the La7/Spit16/P51D will get boring fast unless you are a fan of those planes (seriously, is there ONE player that has a deep historical fascination with the La7? Whose childhood heroes flew La7s?). No need to go far - try the La5/Spit9/P51B as replacements for the above 3. If those are not competitive enough for you, nothing will help you.

Want to tread off the beaten path? try these: C.205, Mosquito VI, KI61, P38G/J - all of which are excellent fighters that get way less credit than they deserve, with the P38J probably leading the bunch in capability/credit ratio. How about a Yak9U? The Yak3 is so ridiculous that it completely over shadows its larger and more powerful brother in arena usage, but the 9U is still the faster plane and retains most of the Yak3 advantages vs. opponents.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2014, 06:22:14 PM »
Hmmm, perhaps compensating for something...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2014, 06:46:25 PM »
If your not flying /loving / killing, in a Jug,, I don't know how to help you!
There is no greater satisfaction than killing spits and stuff with an overweight bomb truck!
The PMs are sometimes priceless!
FM-2 is a close second best on my list of super fun planes to land loads of kills in!
P-38s are great as well!
As far as missing stuff,, everything on my list is in the game except the Pershing ,, I fully expect it'll show up someday,  until then I'll shoot up the other tanks in my M-18 and the firefly or M-4

I'd recommend spending a week in every plane in the game,, or.  Land two kills in each plane, before moving to the next one!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 06:55:33 PM »
I fly the same 3 planes over and over and over all the time: the P-38G, P38J, P38L.  :old:
As you can see, I am a dedicated Lightning dweeb/junkie. :devil  and, yes I die alot.

But then, I'm not here to be the ultimate undefeatable pilot. Flying an "unbeatable" plane; that is the fastest, has the largest gun package (everybody knew that one was comming  :D ) most heavily armored.

As for new planes, I vote for the P38H to be added to our toybox.

just my $0.02

LtngRydr
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2014, 06:57:46 PM »
If your not flying /loving / killing, in a Jug,, I don't know how to help you!
There is no greater satisfaction than killing spits and stuff with an overweight bomb truck!
The PMs are sometimes priceless!
FM-2 is a close second best on my list of super fun planes to land loads of kills in!
P-38s are great as well!
As far as missing stuff,, everything on my list is in the game except the Pershing ,, I fully expect it'll show up someday,  until then I'll shoot up the other tanks in my M-18 and the firefly or M-4

I'd recommend spending a week in every plane in the game,, or.  Land two kills in each plane, before moving to the next one!

The PMs after killing things in a Jug were some of the best. I got so many hack accusations from out turning spit 16s in a D-11   :devil

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2014, 07:12:59 PM »
I fly the same 3 planes over and over and over all the time: the P-38G, P38J, P38L.  :old:
As you can see, I am a dedicated Lightning dweeb/junkie. :devil  and, yes I die alot.

But then, I'm not here to be the ultimate undefeatable pilot. Flying an "unbeatable" plane; that is the fastest, has the largest gun package (everybody knew that one was comming  :D ) most heavily armored.

As for new planes, I vote for the P38H to be added to our toybox.

just my $0.02

LtngRydr

P-38s are poo!  :old:

I vote for the ME-210!  :old:

Yes, I am a masochist.   :old:

Posted with apologies to Zach1234....
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2014, 07:18:03 PM »
Yes, I am a masochist.

Real masochists fly P38s  :D

LtngRydr
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2014, 07:55:52 PM »
OK Guys let me add a little to my WISH! First of all I am KimoSabe. I'm on my 3rd year playing HC. The first year was a big set back as I had a computer that wasn't very good. My Bad! The computer would never calibrate my planes properly. So I flew around with guns that were being bounced around as I tried to shoot innocently thinking I stunk. By chance I got an upgraded computer and saw a difference immediately.
So I played my second year and realized, I'm going to need to learn this game all over. I had learned so many bad habits and I just couldn't shake them. So about 4 months ago I decided to take time of to basically start over. I stop playing for 3-4 months.
I've been playing again now for about 3 weeks. The difference is amazing. The lay off helped tremendously. I played and replayed over and over in my head, making moves and executing shots. It payed off big time. I'm playing so much better. But I still have lots of room for improvement.
Now through this process I have flown these planes, all of them, over and over. I have tried staying with one plane for 2-3 months.  And I have tried just flying 2-3 planes in a month. I have tried about everything.
My favorites planes are the 109A-5, KI-84-LA, LA-7 and Spit XVI Guess those are my favorite. But I still fly the others trying to improve in those as well. When the turners aren't working for me I go to the LA-7 but have a hard time hitting anything with the cannons. I don't fly Bombers much at all.
I love getting altitude and dropping in on peeps with the 109A-5, KI-84-LA and the Spit. When having a bad day I get run down in those and will go to the LA. But I may not kill anyone with those cannons or I might get 5 or 6 kills sometime. Everything else in the game I'm below average in. I find if they have guns I can kill with, they won't turn well enough or they are to slow on pick up and I get caught from behind. There is always a reason to be unsuccessful in the other planes. Sorry that's just the way it is for me. I know some of you can pick many of these other planes and be very successful but I can't. That's why I would like a few new ones or Some of the ones we have remodeled. I am happy to listen or read any ones constructive criticism. :salute :salute :salute  

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2014, 07:56:31 PM »
Real masochists fly P38s  :D

LtngRydr

OK there, sizzlechest.  There are far worse planes than the P-38.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2014, 08:03:06 PM »
sizzlechest
:headscratch:
now that is one I'm not familar with.
The funniest thing I've ever been called was "yankee".
I was in the Dallas/Fort Worth area when that happened 1980-1981.
I'm from Burbank, CA.

LtngRydr
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:09:19 PM by Lab Rat 3947 »
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 08:04:29 PM »
OK Guys let me add a little to my WISH! First of all I am KimoSabe. I'm on my 3rd year playing HC. The first year was a big set back as I had a computer that wasn't very good. My Bad! The computer would never calibrate my planes properly. So I flew around with guns that were being bounced around as I tried to shoot innocently thinking I stunk. By chance I got an upgraded computer and saw a difference immediately.
So I played my second year and realized, I'm going to need to learn this game all over. I had learned so many bad habits and I just couldn't shake them. So about 4 months ago I decided to take time of to basically start over. I stop playing for 3-4 months.
I've been playing again now for about 3 weeks. The difference is amazing. The lay off helped tremendously. I played and replayed over and over in my head, making moves and executing shots. It payed off big time. I'm playing so much better. But I still have lots of room for improvement.
Now through this process I have flown these planes, all of them, over and over. I have tried staying with one plane for 2-3 months.  And I have tried just flying 2-3 planes in a month. I have tried about everything.
My favorites planes are the 109A-5, KI-84-LA, LA-7 and Spit XVI Guess those are my favorite. But I still fly the others trying to improve in those as well. When the turners aren't working for me I go to the LA-7 but have a hard time hitting anything with the cannons. I don't fly Bombers much at all.
I love getting altitude and dropping in on peeps with the 109A-5, KI-84-LA and the Spit. When having a bad day I get run down in those and will go to the LA. But I may not kill anyone with those cannons or I might get 5 or 6 kills sometime. Everything else in the game I'm below average in. I find if they have guns I can kill with, they won't turn well enough or they are to slow on pick up and I get caught from behind. There is always a reason to be unsuccessful in the other planes. Sorry that's just the way it is for me. I know some of you can pick many of these other planes and be very successful but I can't. That's why I would like a few new ones or Some of the ones we have remodeled. I am happy to listen or read any ones constructive criticism. :salute :salute :salute  

Stick with the LA-7, Spit XVI and Ki-84.  If you are having trouble succeeding in these, you'd be hard pressed to find any new plane that will work out better for you.  You say you are re-learning and basically started over three weeks ago?  Proficiency doesn't happen overnight in this game.  Make an appointment with a trainer.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2014, 08:08:47 PM »
I love getting altitude and dropping in on peeps with the 109A-5, KI-84-LA and the Spit. When having a bad day I get run down in those and will go to the LA. But I may not kill anyone with those cannons or I might get 5 or 6 kills sometime. Everything else in the game I'm below ave :aokrage in. I find if they have guns I can kill with, they won't turn well enough or they are to slow on pick up and I get caught from behind. There is always a reason to be unsuccessful in the other planes. Sorry that's just the way it is for me. I know some of you can pick many of these other planes and be very successful but I can't. That's why I would like a few new ones or Some of the ones we have remodeled. I am happy to listen or read any ones constructive criticism. :salute :salute :salute  

That's a much better post than the opener.  :aok

What you describe sounds like you need training not a new aircraft.

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2014, 09:19:42 PM »
Thanks for the Oscar HTC!

Love the Ki43...I still fly it  :rock

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2014, 09:59:06 PM »
+1 to all of em, and don't forget the F6F-3, we have 5 hogs and only 1 hellcat... :(

Need an F4F-3, too. The -4 is inappropriate for Coral Sea, and many other scenarios in which the Marines participated (IE, Guadalcanal). And our -4 with the four-gun package is not comparable to the -3
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.