Author Topic: 190A8 ... what. how, .. & stuff..  (Read 1858 times)

Offline WW1965

• Zinc Member
Re: 190A8 ... what. how, .. & stuff..
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 04:37:19 AM »
FW190a5 is better.

It's faster
It's lighter
It turns tighter
It climbs faster
It flies higher
It hits as hard (just not as long)
It dives as fast

Yeah & I do know all of this about the A5 vs. the A8.. not to mention the D9..

there was something about it.. <SHRUG>..

Offline WW1965

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 04:44:37 AM »
Oh great....now i got to dodge your taters Wrngway    :bhead

in other words, you wouldn't normally look for me in this bird..   :eek:

but no worries as I still can't hit the ground while diving at it..  :uhoh

DISCLAIMER: mBailey is responsible for all beer tabs, gambling expenses, & bail money due to responding to my post..

:salute Bruh!!

Wrngway

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 08:08:54 AM »
The plane was quite literally designed for this tactic, use it to your advantage.

Thanks, but I'm afraid it isn't in my genes.  I'm content to continue the Great Experiment.

- oldman

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 09:27:36 AM »
I'm not an expert on the ballistics of the German 20mm though the round is slower than the Limey Hispano, and certainly the Amerikan 50 cal. The 50 cal shoots almost like a laser, very fast round, point and shoot. The Hispano seems close to the 50 cal. The German round is the slowest of the three. This means, give it more lead than you would a 50 cal, a fair amount more lead.

I would suggest going off-line and practice making slashing attacks on the drones. Make steep dives, which will be the best way to simulate a short, 'one second on target' pass. You'll soon get the hang of it, which will make a big difference in the MA.

boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline pangea

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 03:27:52 PM »
Whenever I get mad at HOers, I up this plane and go on HOing rampages to retaliate. That can be quite fun!

LOL, I've done this too!  The A-8 makes things go "boom".

Offline WW1965

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2014, 06:07:32 AM »
I would suggest going off-line and practice making slashing attacks on the drones. Make steep dives, which will be the best way to simulate a short, 'one second on target' pass. You'll soon get the hang of it, which will make a big difference in the MA.

boo

That helped a lot! thanx ..

ok, one thing i've noticed is if I'm in this plane, & get close enuff for them to realize it's an A8 before I shoot, I miss, they're evading everytime.. (as I would also..not complaining just pointing it out..) so in a weird sort of way, even though they know you're there, you've got to fly in a way where they don't see you coming.. which is weird for me..

Its no secret I'm a Jug Head, & the Jug well, it's just not a subtle plane.. it's in there & either you're dead or I am.. but after flyin this A8 for a 2 weeks or so, maybe I was flyin the Jug, (or any plane) all wrong to start with..

still flyin & fryin & havin fun.. but now I find myself going back & forth tween the Jug & the A8.. like I can't make up my mind.. oh well..

thanx for the replies Gents.. <S>

Wrngway

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2014, 07:15:00 AM »
don't let save see this post..     :lol

Huzzah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to PM him!  :old:

Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2014, 07:16:25 AM »
Whats this advice? No "hero" flying in the 190a8? Its a outrage!  :old:
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2014, 11:56:44 AM »
That helped a lot! thanx ..

ok, one thing i've noticed is if I'm in this plane, & get close enuff for them to realize it's an A8 before I shoot, I miss, they're evading everytime.. (as I would also..not complaining just pointing it out..) so in a weird sort of way, even though they know you're there, you've got to fly in a way where they don't see you coming.. which is weird for me..

Its no secret I'm a Jug Head, & the Jug well, it's just not a subtle plane.. it's in there & either you're dead or I am.. but after flyin this A8 for a 2 weeks or so, maybe I was flyin the Jug, (or any plane) all wrong to start with..

still flyin & fryin & havin fun.. but now I find myself going back & forth tween the Jug & the A8.. like I can't make up my mind.. oh well..

thanx for the replies Gents.. <S>

Wrngway

Now you've got the right idea !   :devil
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014, 01:43:48 PM »
Thanks to Pipz I give my advice on the A8, and comparison vs the A5  :D

A5
It's faster - wrong, the A8 is faster at the deck ,spit16 have same speed as A5, A8 is faster
It's lighter - yes
It turns tighter -yes, its biggest advantage, also a more abrupt snap-roll in stall than the A8.
It climbs faster - yes, not by much though
It flies higher - both planes are dead ducks above 21k
It hits as hard (just not as long) -dead wrong
It dives as fast -correct
------------------------------------------------
It  get's pilot wounds from front and rear - A8 don't get anything of those compared, much armor
It lose speed slower - A8 can use that to its advantage, curving inside with slower speed.
It's much worse buffkiller  - not only does it take eons to down a b17, also very vulnerable to counter-fire
It has worse range, and with etc mounted  a yak3/spit16 catches it, A8 not, A8 has aux tank for extra endurance in its airframe.

A5 best feature is it's sexy winter camouflage skin.  :cheers:

Kovel's and my way of flying differs mostly from gunnery range and arnament.

I shoot at range, Kovel close in and chew them up with 30mms, both use high closure rate.

fighter to fighter snapshots is easier with 4*20mm, buff-hunting is easy with the 30mm on board.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 01:52:41 PM by save »
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline WW1965

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2014, 02:40:07 AM »
Thanks to Pipz I give my advice on the A8, and comparison vs the A5  :D

A5
It's faster - wrong, the A8 is faster at the deck ,spit16 have same speed as A5, A8 is faster
It's lighter - yes
It turns tighter -yes, its biggest advantage, also a more abrupt snap-roll in stall than the A8.
It climbs faster - yes, not by much though
It flies higher - both planes are dead ducks above 21k
It hits as hard (just not as long) -dead wrong
It dives as fast -correct
------------------------------------------------
It  get's pilot wounds from front and rear - A8 don't get anything of those compared, much armor
It lose speed slower - A8 can use that to its advantage, curving inside with slower speed.
It's much worse buffkiller  - not only does it take eons to down a b17, also very vulnerable to counter-fire
It has worse range, and with etc mounted  a yak3/spit16 catches it, A8 not, A8 has aux tank for extra endurance in its airframe.

A5 best feature is it's sexy winter camouflage skin.  :cheers:

Kovel's and my way of flying differs mostly from gunnery range and arnament.

I shoot at range, Kovel close in and chew them up with 30mms, both use high closure rate.

fighter to fighter snapshots is easier with 4*20mm, buff-hunting is easy with the 30mm on board.

Thanx for the Info Save..  :salute

I love the 4-20mm's, they just seem good for everything.. but especially gettin someone's attention.. when they get hit by even a glancing shot, they know it..
but "leading @ speed" is tuff.. I'm used to the .50's lazer like bullets, & gettin an angle, & then a shot with enough lead.. well, it's a new thang for me..  :x

I still love my Jug, but I'm really startin to love the A8..  :D

:salute  .. Wrngway

P.S. you're absolutely right about the winter skin for the A5.. best skin on a plane in the game..  :cheers:

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:42:25 AM by WW1965 »

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 01:51:24 AM »
A8 was the first plane I did consistently well in, largely because it made up for two of my deficiencies. It had decent armor for when I made a mistake, and the 4x20's made up for the fact that I couldn't hit much of anything. Of course it excels at BnZ, but I've flown it while employing slashing tactics (zipping through the furball and firing at anything that crossed my nose, then hi yo-yo or chandelle and repeat).

The important thing to remember is that while the Dora and the A5 are scalpels, the A8 is a sledgehammer.  It's heavy, it's hard to get it to change direction, and it hits with a lot of blunt force trauma. The major drawback is you don't have the A5's nimbleness or the Dora's speed and climbing ability, so getting out of a jam is a lot harder. You have to be a bit more of an opportunist in the A8, because if a decent pilot in a fast bird latches on to you, you will have a hard time shaking him off.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"