Author Topic: AH is Family Friendly (Circa 1981)  (Read 4633 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: AH is Family Friendly (Circa 1981)
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2015, 10:36:22 AM »
:rofl

Never heard winners* swear in AH, only losers. Win more, swear less. If anyone would want to know how much you suck, he/she could check your stats. No need to hear your obscene whines every single time you get spanked.

* - certain exceptions apply

:old:

Thats more fallacy there.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2015, 10:58:20 AM »
Looks like a lot of us (myself included) need to be more careful about following rule #4.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2015, 11:07:08 AM »

Interesting, over here we call that personal experience with a touch of confirmation bias.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2015, 11:16:09 AM »

Again, I'm not advocating casual swearing or constant swearing.

Is it really that hard for some of you guys to tolerate the occasional swear word on text?
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2015, 11:16:48 AM »
Looks like a lot of us (myself included) need to be more careful about following rule #4.

Its a outrage!  :D
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2015, 11:20:08 AM »
     An argument is like a debate. When arguing or debating another person you are winning the debate when the other person starts calling you names or is swearing at you. They are frustrated they are losing the fight and without rational thought they break down to base emotion.

Again, I'm not advocating casual swearing or constant swearing.

Is it really that hard for some of you guys to tolerate the occasional swear word on text?
    I have tolerated some and so have the mods I think. I have heard someone say Sh*t when they were suddenly killed and thought nothing of it. To get muted you must be a serial offender I think.

Emotion is the Thought killer.  Keep a cool head and you may live to fight another dogfight.  :salute
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 11:23:51 AM by Slate »
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2015, 11:22:34 AM »
I'm going to try using expletives the same way Maroney (Polish Mob Boss) did in the great movie (Johnny Dangerously).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GVCgTFw2Qk

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2015, 11:26:14 AM »
I'm going to try using expletives the same way Maroney (Polish Mob Boss) did in the great movie (Johnny Dangerously).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GVCgTFw2Qk

That guy was really fargin' upset.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2015, 11:28:58 AM »

Think you have this backwards. It's pretty easy for us to live without the filter making our life 'harder' because we have self control. Like I told Rip, take it up with Dale and he'll set you straight.  :)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2015, 11:33:28 AM »
Dudley Do-Right, Rob? 

I've never acquired a taste for channel 200.  I didn't like the tone there. 

An overarching issue for this age is the perceived anonymity of the internet.  It has created environments where there seems to be no immediate consequence for bad behavior or poor taste.  There are potential long-term consequences, but that is another discussion.

Some of us grew up on a steady diet of Civics.  There is a notion in it (among many others) that law-enforcement begins with each citizen - not with the police.  If a law is unfair, outmoded, or wrong then the majority of citizens will work together to change it.  In all aspects of Civics there is an underlying requirement to demonstrate respect for the other citizens.  In short form - "Your freedom extends as far as the nose of your neighbor".  Dudley Do-Right?

Some of us grew up in military families and/or served in the military.  It is a highly evolved community based on respect for the rules.  A healthy thing for the group that fights wars to preserve the freedom of all citizens.  Dudley Do-Right?

Some of us live in Texas and know that this state reflects the norms of the rest of the country in general terms.  Dudley Do-Right? - Not any more or less than in any other state, but it is still a norm in most places I've lived to not swear in front of women and children (a demonstration of lack of self control).

Channel 200 seems to be missing the important factor of respect.  Lacking that, it's not worth considering for some of us.  If that lack of respect spills into Range or Country, then it needs to be policed (vigorously).  There are limits to our liberty.  That is a fact.  We all have to operate within that framework.

:salute

THIS!!!!

:aok
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2015, 01:34:57 PM »
Interesting, over here we call that personal experience with a touch of confirmation bias.

I swore just as much when I was ranked 1 in fighters as I did when I was ranked 500. Your point?
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2015, 02:08:22 PM »
Your point?

If you consistently get riled up by not having your way in computer game so much you need to offload your frustration, you need professional help, or in your case, you need to learn how to interact in a way which is socially acceptable within that social group. What's OK among drinking buddies in finish sauna may not be appropriate etiquette for large gaming community.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2015, 02:51:56 PM »
If you consistently get riled up by not having your way in computer game so much you need to offload your frustration, you need professional help, or in your case, you need to learn how to interact in a way which is socially acceptable within that social group. What's OK among drinking buddies in finish sauna may not be appropriate etiquette for large gaming community.

You have some serious reading comprehension problems there. I don't even play the game anymore, I'm talking about the principle of nannying grown up subscribers.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2015, 05:24:49 PM »
I don't even play the game anymore ...

Which makes your kibitzing the forum in support of Rob's typing himself into a squelch and attempting to stir up support of unfettered poo typing all the more pitiful. I'd suggest finding a new hobby if all you can manage to do with the old one is to hang out on the board and look for reasons to add a non-player voice to nonsensical criticisms. No offense.  :)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2015, 06:41:22 AM »
Which makes your kibitzing the forum in support of Rob's typing himself into a squelch and attempting to stir up support of unfettered poo typing all the more pitiful. I'd suggest finding a new hobby if all you can manage to do with the old one is to hang out on the board and look for reasons to add a non-player voice to nonsensical criticisms. No offense.  :)

You can keep your advice to yourself, I will continue to do exactly what I want. And for petes sake get off your moral high horse already. People like you usually have the worst skeletons in their closets when the truth gets revealed lol. 'Gotta keep civil so nobody gets to know'.