Author Topic: Beating a dead horse ?  (Read 13107 times)

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
Re: Beating a dead horse ?
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2015, 02:51:37 PM »
I was bored the other day and decided to go on a bomb run to bomb an hq.  It took me almost an hour and half to get there and fought a me 163 part of the way :rock  I get to HQ and I am such a LOUSEY bomber I killed ONE building, upon returning to base, I encounter another 163, probably same guy, he killed one of my b17s, then a jug and a 109 came in and killed one more of my planes.  I thought it was a lot of fun trying to live through this ordeal, I was only at 20k so I wasnt an astronaught.  but then again I am a very very very lousey bomber  :lol  I dont really like the bomber guys that bomb a base and just as you get coalt with them they bail  :mad: 

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2015, 03:05:20 PM »
Solution A:
1. Find a field near HQ
2. Up a suitable aircraft
3. Find HQ raiders
4. Shoot down HQ raiders
           Outcome, HQ stays up

Solution B:
1. Log onto BBS, HQ raiders are IB
2. Create thread complaining about HQ raiders, Bomb bay doors are now open
            Outcome, HQ is now down.

It would seem to me that Solution A is the prudent option

Chris,

I only read the OP and this post so forgive me for singling your post out of the many.  

Your premise is flawed.  Compello is up currently and I experienced the same as the OP.  Bishops had an easy run into our HQ and kept it down.  I flew aimlessly around HQ and surrounding flashing fields and NEVER spotted the intruders 20 minutes or more.  THAT IS NOT WHAT I PAY TO DO.  I was relieved when my host connection was lost and didn't even give a second thought about logging back in under those conditions (HQ was down for 55 minutes after several had attempted their  :rolleyes: puny 4 minute resupply runs), and found something more enjoyable to do offline.

Now, about making a thread on the BBs about this recurring nightmare,  its called communication.  A single pm to HiTech may be more direct, but the man has a company to run, and the last thing he needs is for his inbox to turn into a wishlist.  He still monitors the BBs and whether or not he agrees with the OP's (or my) opinion, he still has the input.

Don't kill the messenger.......

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2015, 03:17:05 PM »
IMO, and it's just not just mine, it should be painfully obvious to all that HTC, if they haven't done so by now, certainly aren't going to change jack until the new beta comes online.  Should changes to the strat and currently poo HQ system not be implemented then, I'll be the first one banging my pots and clamoring with the rest of you.

Until then I think a radio silence on the complaints is going to help HTC speed things along regarding said beta.  We should all sign on the line behind such an idea (and it isn't mine, I'm just parokeeting here).

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2015, 07:20:48 PM »
Chris,

I only read the OP and this post so forgive me for singling your post out of the many.  

Your premise is flawed.  Compello is up currently and I experienced the same as the OP.  Bishops had an easy run into our HQ and kept it down.  I flew aimlessly around HQ and surrounding flashing fields and NEVER spotted the intruders 20 minutes or more.  THAT IS NOT WHAT I PAY TO DO.  I was relieved when my host connection was lost and didn't even give a second thought about logging back in under those conditions (HQ was down for 55 minutes after several had attempted their  :rolleyes: puny 4 minute resupply runs), and found something more enjoyable to do offline.

Now, about making a thread on the BBs about this recurring nightmare,  its called communication.  A single pm to HiTech may be more direct, but the man has a company to run, and the last thing he needs is for his inbox to turn into a wishlist.  He still monitors the BBs and whether or not he agrees with the OP's (or my) opinion, he still has the input.

Don't kill the messenger.......

Yes, a PM to Hi-Tech may have been more professional. But that would be just a single player complaining, and most likely ignored. So far this thread has accomplished exactly what I hoped it would. Showing that a large number of players have the same concerns, and also a lot of suggestions to remedy the problem. Im hopeful Dale reads all the posts and incorporates some of the ideas into the update.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2015, 08:19:57 PM »
Yup...  Iracing is starting to look interesting...

Yup.  Almost pulled the trigger on a G27 last night.  My old MS Sidewinder FF wheel died a couple of years ago and I'm getting the itch to go racing again.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2015, 08:30:22 PM »
IMO, and it's just not just mine, it should be painfully obvious to all that HTC, if they haven't done so by now, certainly aren't going to change jack until the new beta comes online.  Should changes to the strat and currently poo HQ system not be implemented then, I'll be the first one banging my pots and clamoring with the rest of you.

Until then I think a radio silence on the complaints is going to help HTC speed things along regarding said beta.  We should all sign on the line behind such an idea (and it isn't mine, I'm just parokeeting here).

Damn I like some of your posts Gman, best post since the OP  :aok   :old:  <--- that emoticon means an old fart btw, who has seen this same ol complaint more than several times through the years

TC
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:33:23 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2015, 09:21:03 PM »
IMO, and it's just not just mine, it should be painfully obvious to all that HTC, if they haven't done so by now, certainly aren't going to change jack until the new beta comes online.  Should changes to the strat and currently poo HQ system not be implemented then, I'll be the first one banging my pots and clamoring with the rest of you.

Until then I think a radio silence on the complaints is going to help HTC speed things along regarding said beta.  We should all sign on the line behind such an idea (and it isn't mine, I'm just parokeeting here).

While agree that HTC has their hands full churning out coad for the new update, how many people are they going to lose to this issue while they do that? Nobody knows how close the update is. 3 months is nothing and it wouldn't surprise me that they could lose a couple players per week, another 24 people. Thats a whole team in euro prime time.

The hardening of HQ isn't a big deal, its an arena setting. A quick fix for now would be to harden it so it takes more than one guy to drop it. Push it up so it takes 2, maybe three. Then in 3-6 months when the new update comes out make the real adjustment. At least with this change in setting done now they would have more data on how to adjust it when the new version comes out.

The only thing that is keeping a large number of players here is the anticipation of the new version. Even that is going to wane if players can't find the fights they are PAYING for.

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2015, 09:44:04 PM »
I normally stay out of these posts, but I have to agree that the HQ should be hardened enough to make it impossible for a single aircraft, or set of bombers to drop the HQ.  It simply has too negative of an effect on everyone in the game, especially on a big map with the lower numbers we are seeing now days; some of us only get to fly a few times a week and it's disappointing when we can't see where to find some action. <steps off soap box> Anyone got a tissue? I seem to have formed some sort of moisture in one of my eyes.

:aok
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2015, 10:15:35 PM »
While agree that HTC has their hands full churning out coad for the new update, how many people are they going to lose to this issue while they do that? Nobody knows how close the update is. 3 months is nothing and it wouldn't surprise me that they could lose a couple players per week, another 24 people. Thats a whole team in euro prime time.

The hardening of HQ isn't a big deal, its an arena setting. A quick fix for now would be to harden it so it takes more than one guy to drop it. Push it up so it takes 2, maybe three. Then in 3-6 months when the new update comes out make the real adjustment. At least with this change in setting done now they would have more data on how to adjust it when the new version comes out.

The only thing that is keeping a large number of players here is the anticipation of the new version. Even that is going to wane if players can't find the fights they are PAYING for.

I think 3 months is a very hopeful estimate considering its been over a year since the update was announced and they are still only in alpha testing. 6mos-1year would be a better guess in my opinion.

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2015, 11:36:00 PM »
The tit for tat HQ droppings has become insane.

Personally, I don't give a crap about radar.   Rooks care bout radar.  Nits care bout radar.  Most bish I know could care less about phreeking radar.  Ours is out so often HQ and local that it's no big deal.  I see radar porking by rooks & nits as a great opportunity to park a wirb at the dar at a base and rack up scalps.  Keep doing it, I want more rook/nit radar porker lemming kills.  I get about 100 a month.  For every boneheaded nit & rook who drops any base radar, a legion of bish are hugely thankful racking up gv points resupplying so they can take out Tiger II's far more often.  Think about that for a second.  You are actually HELPING bish by porking base radars...so please keep doing it.  Every time you pork a dar we get fatter on perk points from the stupidity. Even quadruple your efforts, PLEASE.  Really.   The more the idiocy continues the more perk tanks I can up to kill more rook/nits.

For HQ droppers, my only concern are the new subscribers (ON ALL SIDES)  I only care about the new people.  New subscribers have tough enough learning curve (ON ALL SIDES) without some clowns (ON ALL SIDES) dropping HQ and they aren't able to see crap from shinola in the game to protect themselves and QUIT -- losing more possible people to save the game. 

The way I see it, the more you want to destroy the game and turn off new subscribers is to keep up the tit for tat HQ dropping.  Kill off the new players and kill off the game's future.   

Want to shove new subscribers out the door?  Want to destroy the future of the game?  Keep killing HQs.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2015, 03:36:16 AM »
My objective in the game is to have fun - not to try to stop the enemy from stopping me from having fun.

Those that think that HQ is fine, please read the above sentence several times. It makes sense eventually.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2015, 04:10:52 AM »
I have to admit that old timers, MrGeezer and bozon both make some very great opinions regarding the game and "winning the war" assessments......... people really should take notice and comprehend.....

just saying......

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2015, 04:21:11 AM »

I have to honestly disagree with this assumption, Fugitive, Bro!

this WWII flight sim/MMOPG game would last at least another 5 to 10 years even if it never advanced from this day..........just because of the AH community and the desire for the fight in the game that exist that most, truly have not found quiet yet.........no down talk toward the " most ", I mentioned, but the golden nugget is there, it exist, even without this game ever going forward....... some will see it...others it might take a little longer......the new stuff is all for the new crowd, we all already know what we have here............

Just my view

TC

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2015, 06:50:36 AM »
The good news here is most HQ resupplies are done in much less time then the attackers have invested in striking HQ.  If no one spends time on 200 squeaking about the HQ then these guys will not get their 200 fix, then get bored.  Instead of time on 200, grab a plane or gv and get the resupply done as quickly as possible.

Keep this off 200 and the problem will probably go away.  No squeakie- no fixie.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2015, 08:02:48 AM »
I have to honestly disagree with this assumption, Fugitive, Bro!

this WWII flight sim/MMOPG game would last at least another 5 to 10 years even if it never advanced from this day..........just because of the AH community and the desire for the fight in the game that exist that most, truly have not found quiet yet.........no down talk toward the " most ", I mentioned, but the golden nugget is there, it exist, even without this game ever going forward....... some will see it...others it might take a little longer......the new stuff is all for the new crowd, we all already know what we have here............

Just my view

TC

It's hard to believe this as we watch the numbers as they continue to drop. Sure there are a bunch of hard core players, but even those are getting fed up with "no dar" situation .

The good news here is most HQ resupplies are done in much less time then the attackers have invested in striking HQ.  If no one spends time on 200 squeaking about the HQ then these guys will not get their 200 fix, then get bored.  Instead of time on 200, grab a plane or gv and get the resupply done as quickly as possible.

Keep this off 200 and the problem will probably go away.  No squeakie- no fixie.

Resupply trips may only take 15 minutes but if I have to run 4 trips and 2 or 3 other guys run a number of trips, which team is wasting more time?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:04:20 AM by The Fugitive »