Author Topic: Lowly War Thunder peasant immigrant  (Read 3088 times)

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
Re: Lowly War Thunder peasant immigrant
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 01:30:31 PM »
See all those red guys? You need to shoot them.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 01:52:53 PM »
When playing turn off the flight aids for more realism.  Stall limiter is a big one. Combat trim and auto takeoff are also there.  If you have the time, there are many options for customization that make the game more enjoyable.  Truly this is one of the best games out there as far as being user friendly.  It will take time and effort to get the most of this game.  :salute
 :airplane:

PS the hacking and delinquents are very limited.  :banana:

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2015, 01:57:31 PM »

I tried  :t

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 02:13:02 PM »
Aces High Is the best flight sim out there. The feel and handle of the airplanes gets as real as it can be. 15 bucks a month is extremely affordable. I spend way more money on toilet paper LMAO. Btw does WT have special Events and screnarios and stuff?
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 02:19:32 PM »
Aces High Is the best flight sim out there. The feel and handle of the airplanes gets as real as it can be. 15 bucks a month is extremely affordable. I spend way more money on toilet paper LMAO. Btw does WT have special Events and screnarios and stuff?

Yeah dude the special events and recreation of WW2 fights in AH just blow everything you've ever seen out of the water.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 02:20:18 PM »
I may be biased but I believe the aerodynamic modeling is the best out there. :D

So come on in the waters fine.

HiTech

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2015, 02:37:35 PM »
If you're really keen to learn Air Combat Maneuvers, then you simply must get yourself a copy of The Book:
http://www.amazon.com/Fighter-Combat-Maneuvering-Robert-Shaw/dp/0870210599/
+1 on Mouse's book.  Every time I pick it up I learn something new or something old 'clicks'.  He was also on board here when the game launched.

:salute
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 02:42:33 PM by Ratsy »
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2015, 02:59:18 PM »
Welcome! As Hitech said, this game is the best one out there.

Gear up and triggers down!

:salute
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2015, 03:07:54 PM »
WT seems to have a FM skew that favors the Russian plane set.

I think that would be true of most WWII sims no matter how realistic they are. The performance is modeled after recorded data about the planes performance. I'm led to believe that the Russians simply lied to make their planes look more impressive (sounds very much like something they would do at the time).

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2015, 03:10:33 PM »
I think that would be true of most WWII sims no matter how realistic they are. The performance is modeled after recorded data about the planes performance. I'm led to believe that the Russians simply lied to make their planes look more impressive (sounds very much like something they would do at the time).

If your game code is written and updated in Russia...   :lol
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 03:59:17 PM by FLS »

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2015, 03:42:04 PM »
Welcome!  You won't be disappointed by the flight models.  There are always little gripes here and there about this plane catching or out turning that plane, but from my experience the answer is almost always as simple as E management or pilot skill giving the impression that some plane is over/under modeled. 

How'd he do that??? :headscratch:

AMAX  in game

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2015, 04:01:05 PM »
Greets all!

Welcome to Aces High!  I am glad you are joining us.  :aok

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2015, 04:13:44 PM »

It's Ink, I'm sure he did.......all of them  :D

Welcome Volsky......if you see me on and want to wing up just shout.  Or better yet if you want to shoot at someone that will stay guns cold till you get the hang of it,  glad to do that also.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:12:11 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2015, 05:10:04 PM »
I fiddled around in WT for a week or two to see what the fuss was about.  Once I figured out that they fiddle with the flight model depending on how much experience you have in type I was done.  A plane doesn't change how it flies because the pilot has more experience.  No room in my life for those sorts of shenanigans.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2015, 05:30:47 PM »
Greets all! I'm a regular WT player (two years' experience in WT on 'full real' controls--basically as close to AH2 as you can get) that's considering making the jump to AH2; I have experience with the game from way back when that 'two weeks free promo' thing was going on,

Many thanks!
  Vol

"Welcome Back!" Vol, since you posted you have already tried Aces High before, my experience from Alpha testing  World of Planes ( renamed War Thunder ), then closed beta then open beta ( when I stopped cold )...... is that after flying AH since 1999, it simply is hard to find anything close to AH, and we had our opinions over there, and that is where I will leave mine......

as Zoney posted and oldman quoted:
Volsky!  Come play with us sir.  Give yourself 3 months minimum to decide if this is for you.  We all here really believe in the modeling accuracy, but we will argue about everything including that.  This is a great place to play and have fun.  Like Bino said, get some training time and also join a squad.  Not only will you have guys helping you as they fly right next to you, but you get to experience the teamwork and camaraderie we enjoy here.  Get yourself involved in a squad that also does FS)'s.  Friday Squad Operations and immerse yourself in a massive battle based on the historical one's.  Come play AH Volsky, you've got to find out for yourself sir!

come join us for at least 3 or 4 months...  ask in the help & training forum here for help, with anything, and find a squad to tag along with to help your learning curve advance more quickly

cheers

TC ( who doesn't see any bias in hitech's post )
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC