Author Topic: Terrain Editor  (Read 23542 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Terrain Editor
« Reply #525 on: August 11, 2016, 12:01:33 AM »
TE Bug -
On several sessions in the TE lasting approximately 3 hours+, the map editing window fails to respond to the keyboard movement keys. I can select a textbox and type into that, but nothing I do will bring back movement control until I exit out and restart. At the time, I'm also running Skype and Thunderbird, if that matters.

I just realized, this might be caused if I accidentally roll the mouse wheel while moving and don't notice.

Also, I occasionally hear a warning chime when pressing a movement key.

I've posted several other issues above in this thread instead of the DX# forums so they wouldn't be buried.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 12:21:07 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #526 on: August 11, 2016, 02:46:56 PM »
I was hearing the same chime. It sounded like the Win7 key buffer full warning when you hold down on a key too long.

Just noticed on my terrain mock up I got some spawns backwards. Sculpting that thing will be the easy part, all the tiny individual GUI data details for every single object.............. :bhead

I have to test every single base and every single spawn on that thing don't I???  :O  Do I find a shrink now or wait for my wife to tell me it's not normal to sit up all night in your sleep playing with an invisible keyboard and mouse?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:55:07 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #527 on: August 16, 2016, 07:36:58 PM »
Hight maps in L3DT.

If I start a new TE project 256x256 and save it to generate folders and files. Then export a raw file for import to L3DT that has no elevations set to it yet. In L3DT the work space I massage into a hight file for export back as a raw file for the TE. When I import it into the TE, it will be a 256x256 basic terrain elevations generated from the work I exported out of L3DT?

Or do I have to define some area of land mass before the export?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #528 on: August 17, 2016, 05:41:52 AM »
TE patch 38

I finally figured out what was driving me nuts when using the Elevations Tab. If I inadvertently depress the Shift Key while rotating the mouse roller, it will change the given value in the text boxes. I can't tell you how often I've had to reset those values.

Obviously we can't disable the Shift key in the Elevations Tab but please disable the Shift key changing the values in the text boxes. It might take a bit longer to type in a value, but then it can be depended upon to stick.

Thanks!
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #529 on: August 17, 2016, 09:43:15 AM »
Hight maps in L3DT.

If I start a new TE project 256x256 and save it to generate folders and files. Then export a raw file for import to L3DT that has no elevations set to it yet. In L3DT the work space I massage into a hight file for export back as a raw file for the TE. When I import it into the TE, it will be a 256x256 basic terrain elevations generated from the work I exported out of L3DT?

Or do I have to define some area of land mass before the export?

Your always working in 512x512 mile height map, the only thing the 256 scale does is change your bit map (on clip board and when working in editor) to different scale.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #530 on: August 17, 2016, 02:51:06 PM »
Is that why on smaller maps when you fly off the edge of the clipboard map it is all water?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #531 on: August 17, 2016, 03:12:04 PM »
yes, usually.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #532 on: August 17, 2016, 03:42:09 PM »
I had surmised that after working in the TE. I just wasn't seeing how well the CBM was synced to the terrain. What happens when you reach the real edge of the world at 512x512?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #533 on: August 17, 2016, 03:46:17 PM »
The same thing that happens on a 512 terrain when you fly off the map.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #534 on: August 17, 2016, 04:22:49 PM »
That secret world where one terrain creator used to hide CVs in the other universe canal and your weapons became disabled. OKydoky.... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing