Author Topic: French jugs  (Read 3593 times)

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
Re: French jugs
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 12:15:54 PM »
I must say I'm sorely disappointed with the content of this thread.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 12:38:46 PM »
I think Lilmak flies it really well also.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 01:36:49 PM »
I must say I'm sorely disappointed with the content of this thread.

You don't like having French P47s or you don't like the quality of the skins?  :headscratch: Maybe you don't like P47s (shame on you :angel:)

hgtonyvi, surely many good sticks in the 56th, with a wide variety of flying styles ... Hub the zen master, LilMak the planner, Ammo the scraper, Seadog the peacefull, Player1 the young angry one ... and Yucca is back  :banana:, but that's off topic. It's about French P47s and Greebo's homage and contribution to France's war effort. :cheers:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 01:39:31 PM »
You don't like having French P47s or you don't like the quality of the skins?  :headscratch: Maybe you don't like P47s (shame on you :angel:)

hgtonyvi, surely many good sticks in the 56th, with a wide variety of flying styles ... Hub the zen master, LilMak the planner, Ammo the scraper, Seadog the peacefull, Player1 the young angry one ... and Yucca is back  :banana:, but that's off topic. It's about French P47s and Greebo's homage and contribution to France's war effort. :cheers:

I think he was talking about the other jugs. You know, the ones that come as a bundled package with women. One of their best features IMO.

And I'll have you know that I do a pretty good job of keeping my anger contained to VOX, it rarely spills over into other areas.  :noid

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 01:45:22 PM »
Blah blah blah ... that's me right here waiting for you to fix your computer so we can go fly  :ahand
Dat jugs bro.

------------------------

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 05:09:02 PM »
Blah blah blah ... that's me right here waiting for you to fix your computer so we can go fly  :ahand
(Image removed from quote.)

wait...what...look at the condition of that plane...how dare he let the paint wear off like that..... :rofl

on a serious note....

that photo shows truly how big of a beast that plane is. :eek:

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2015, 06:30:33 PM »
Definitely shows too how little budget and second hand equipment the French had to work with.  :uhoh

Someone said big? :lol
Dat jugs bro.

------------------------

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2015, 06:52:24 PM »
All that fighter, so little quality.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2015, 01:16:34 AM »
All that fighter, so little quality.
Yeah, it only broke the back of the Luftwaffe.   Too bad it never faced a real challenge to its capabilities.  :p
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2015, 12:21:03 AM »
Yeah, it only broke the back of the Luftwaffe.   Too bad it never faced a real challenge to its capabilities.  :p

Fairly certain lack of fuel even for training, little training of new pilots, the colossal numbers advantage they faced, as well as having a primary directive other than shooting down bloated US fighters might have had a bigger effect than any inherent quality (or in this case, lack thereof  :t) of the P-47.

Also, wasn't like, a really Golly-geen big part of the Luftwaffe committed against the Soviets?
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2015, 01:55:07 AM »
Fairly certain lack of fuel even for training, little training of new pilots, the colossal numbers advantage they faced, as well as having a primary directive other than shooting down bloated US fighters might have had a bigger effect than any inherent quality (or in this case, lack thereof  :t) of the P-47.

Also, wasn't like, a really Golly-geen big part of the Luftwaffe committed against the Soviets?
Of the Luftwaffe forces in the west it was the P-47 that broke their back and forced the situation where new pilots had little training.  The Spitfire held the line, the P-47 broke the Luftwaffe as an effective force and the P-51 mopped up.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2015, 02:18:25 AM »

That was true in late 44 and on.  Not so much in summer 43 through fall 44 when the LW was formidable.

The 56 FG under Zemke's direction racked up a bunch of victories against the awesome JG26.  The 56 took its licks early on but developed good tactics centered around the AC's strengths and cleaned house.

The 56 FG went on to end the war as the only group to fly the Jug from the beginning of operations to war's end, and was second of all ETO allied groups in enemy AC destroyed and first in Enemy AC destroyed in the air.

So, you are wrong in saying the AC was incapable.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2015, 04:07:07 PM »
aww Le Boo!! not what I was expecting....
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2015, 04:57:40 PM »
aww Le Boo!! not what I was expecting....

To the rescue!

Seriously, though, great work!
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 11:31:06 PM »
...However it turned out to be the 33rd P-47D-11 skin submitted and so was not made available in the game.

This should never happen ever to a Greebo skin. There simply is no excuse for not having every one of the best made skins in game and booting the inferior ones which are so plentiful. not to mention it is a rare d11 french scheme.

seriously skuzzy fix this and don't hide behind bureaucracy and procedure when this is an in demand skin customers want in game.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013