Author Topic: Your favourite ride - and why?  (Read 6336 times)

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
Re: Your favourite ride - and why?
« Reply #210 on: April 11, 2015, 01:47:37 PM »
Nope, i said "Chill, Paul" and got rule nr.4-ed. There was no eightyeight, Hitech cheats the Luft, the 109s need C4, the 190s are undermodelled, or anything like that. 
So what evah.

Was? Warum nicht? Schlowy ist immer richtig! HiTech hast der Luftwaffe und das deutsche Volk!

Sarcasm aside, glad to hear it. Not sure that the game could handle another one.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #211 on: April 11, 2015, 07:23:23 PM »
The argument is exactly on points that one cannot dis/prove in a duel. The 190D9 is a very poor plane to duel with. However, in the MA it consistently tops the list of unperked planes in its stats. In special events and scenarios it rules and does much better than the 109K. Climb is not very useful in large scale engagements that are not at tree tops level, but is very valuable in a duel. In such situations, dive and speed (and never-exceed speed) are much more important defensively than sustained turn rates. Visibility out of the cockpit becomes exponentially more important as the number of planes in your vicinity increase. Ammo load and ease of aiming becomes more important in large scale engagements where you cannot ride someones 6 for long till you get the perfect shot. The ability to take damage and fight on. These factors are non-issues in a duel.

I disagree. Climb can be very useful in a large scale engagement. As can dives and extending(even those that do not lead you to friendlies) All are tools and tactics that can be used to create advantageous situations for yourself. The trick is in using the correct tool for the correct situation
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
« Reply #212 on: April 12, 2015, 06:59:02 PM »
B-17.  Airframe structure is very strong.  It can take a lot of damage and still function.  The defense guns are well located and effective.
2Slow
Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio
TANSTAAFL

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #213 on: April 12, 2015, 07:02:35 PM »
I disagree. Climb can be very useful in a large scale engagement. As can dives and extending(even those that do not lead you to friendlies) All are tools and tactics that can be used to create advantageous situations for yourself. The trick is in using the correct tool for the correct situation

:aok

IMO.... climb is the most important part of multi opponent fights, where you are actually engaging them and not just making a 550 MPH pass through.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #214 on: April 12, 2015, 08:27:01 PM »
   my favorite ride cause it makes me money

:cheers:     my 2nd Volvo ;love it :rock

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #215 on: April 13, 2015, 12:43:11 AM »
:cheers:     my 2nd Volvo ;love it :rock

(Image removed from quote.)