Author Topic: Fun as watching grass grow  (Read 10024 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Fun as watching grass grow
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 09:46:33 AM »
Not like this.  Two countries vs one is not advocated.   Nice try bud.  :salute

What would make the difference? One country could still be as large as two current countries combined. After all, in your book there wouldn't be any ENY  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2015, 09:50:43 AM »
isn't the idea of ENY to keep the side with the lowest numbers from getting totally annihilated? ids say that works pretty good! as for HQ down... protect HQ!

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2015, 09:57:29 AM »
Not like this.  Two countries vs one is not advocated.   Nice try bud.  :salute

Lusche is right, in a 2 country fight it can very easily end up like the map is now with three side. Fights are just running both flanks.

In the case of today, right now. Bish and rook have mid 40s for players and Knights have mid 20s. Bish are the ones fighting on two fronts. Of course the second front has something along the line of a dozen or so attacking. Due to the numbers both Rooks and Bish are under some strong ENY.

The biggest problem, is that we are on the Fester map, have just over 100 people in the arena and a third of them are trying to sneak into HQ A number of Rooks were braggin about dropping an HQ and them..... oh what skill.... baggin a crap load of goons that were trying to resupply. So instead of using the blinding of the enemy to attack bases all along the front they are looking to kill goons. Yup, thats the kind of game play that is going to user this game into the fut..... err.... history.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 10:24:38 AM »
isn't the idea of ENY to keep the side with the lowest numbers from getting totally annihilated? ids say that works pretty good! as for HQ down... protect HQ!

Person who has limited hours of flight time should not have to spend their time flying around HQ defending it ..... But here's their new trick they just stay out of flashing distance and put it down with ground vehicles how do you defend against that? They also do it with the strats..   why is the most important thing in the game headquarters which controls all the radar has no radar at all kinda dumb isn't it? And piss poor design.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2015, 10:32:22 AM »
Lusche is right, in a 2 country fight it can very easily end up like the map is now with three side. Fights are just running both flanks.

In the case of today, right now. Bish and rook have mid 40s for players and Knights have mid 20s. Bish are the ones fighting on two fronts. Of course the second front has something along the line of a dozen or so attacking. Due to the numbers both Rooks and Bish are under some strong ENY.

The biggest problem, is that we are on the Fester map, have just over 100 people in the arena and a third of them are trying to sneak into HQ A number of Rooks were braggin about dropping an HQ and them..... oh what skill.... baggin a crap load of goons that were trying to resupply. So instead of using the blinding of the enemy to attack bases all along the front they are looking to kill goons. Yup, thats the kind of game play that is going to user this game into the fut..... err.... history.

No, he is wrong.  In Warbirds we switched for balance all the time. 

Even when one side was rolling the map it was more fun than this.  The lines moved.  Here they are stagnant.   And on the rare days an offensive gets some steam the stupid ENY kicks in and shuts the fight down. 

Three-sided giant maps are a snooze fest.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 10:37:14 AM »

We are in Aces High.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 10:39:59 AM »
Person who has limited hours of flight time should not have to spend their time flying around HQ defending it ..... But here's their new trick they just stay out of flashing distance and put it down with ground vehicles how do you defend against that? They also do it with the strats..   why is the most important thing in the game headquarters which controls all the radar has no radar at all kinda dumb isn't it? And piss poor design.

About changing the HQ toughness...

This is not correct, it would change only for that arena session, and after a reset it would be back to default. If it was an easy change I would have done so already.

HiTech

I do not mind that the HQ does what it does, THE PROBLEM is it's FAR TOO EASY to bring down.  With HiTech's reply in that thread, I have a very good feeling that he's already done the changes to HQ setup/toughness for "AH3", or at the very least, it's going to be changed for "AH3".  I think it has something to do with the system they have in place for map resets.  HTC will have to overhaul that system to toughen the HQ.  Now that be a doozy simply because: A) Stop working on AH3 to fix it, or B) Ignore it and continue working full bore on "AH3".

Even when one side was rolling the map it was more fun than this.  The lines moved.  Here they are stagnant.   And on the rare days an offensive gets some steam the stupid ENY kicks in and shuts the fight down. 

Three-sided giant maps are a snooze fest.

ENY has very rarely bothered me.  There are still plenty of AC and GV's capable of fighting and base taking, just take more skill (and before you say anything, I can't hit the ground with my hat in 3 tries, let alone hit something in ENY 5 things.  :P).  People just being sheep about it.  "Oh noez! I no fly P51/La 7/Spit <insert number here> due to ENY!!!!11  I quitz!!1"

In regards to the 12hr rule, HTC could consider dropping it to 1-4hr for the duration of "AH2", until "AH3" is completed. :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2015, 10:44:02 AM »
20 eny, 2 sided war, and hq down for 3 hours....fun fun fun....not. Great way to spend $15 a month. Really don't think this game will get any better with AH3. Kinda wonder why numbers are dropping like flies :bhead

SWITCH SIDES!!

If you aren't enjoying the fight, switch sides and fight on another team.

If your team is hoarding and there is no fight. Switch teams and go find fights in other places.

I understand your concern but you always have choices and and sometimes you have to switch to find the fun you are looking for. I do it all the time and it works! Plus I get to fight with and against both sides. I don't really care which team wins, but I want the team I'm on at the time to do well.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2015, 10:46:03 AM »
Played this morning.  Had fun.  Revenge B24 raid with Ghi.  Earlier, flew with squaddies, and took some bases.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2015, 10:56:00 AM »

We are in Aces High.

Really?

Wow.  You are a genius. 
”KILLER V”

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2015, 10:58:23 AM »
Wow.  You are a genius.

Thank you.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2015, 11:02:10 AM »
About changing the HQ toughness...

I do not mind that the HQ does what it does, THE PROBLEM is it's FAR TOO EASY to bring down.  With HiTech's reply in that thread, I have a very good feeling that he's already done the changes to HQ setup/toughness for "AH3", or at the very least, it's going to be changed for "AH3".  I think it has something to do with the system they have in place for map resets.  HTC will have to overhaul that system to toughen the HQ.  Now that be a doozy simply because: A) Stop working on AH3 to fix it, or B) Ignore it and continue working full bore on "AH3".

ENY has very rarely bothered me.  There are still plenty of AC and GV's capable of fighting and base taking, just take more skill (and before you say anything, I can't hit the ground with my hat in 3 tries, let alone hit something in ENY 5 things.  :P).  People just being sheep about it.  "Oh noez! I no fly P51/La 7/Spit <insert number here> due to ENY!!!!11  I quitz!!1"

In regards to the 12hr rule, HTC could consider dropping it to 1-4hr for the duration of "AH2", until "AH3" is completed. :headscratch:

This is the problem with anecdotal evidence.  That it rarely affects you doesn't mean the rest of us are unaffected by ENY.  I can assure you it has affected me and my team plenty.   To the point people logoff.  And we all want fewer players because that is great for gameplay. 
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2015, 11:03:56 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 01:19:21 PM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2015, 11:04:35 AM »
How witty  :aok

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2015, 11:05:26 AM »
”KILLER V”