Author Topic: Not a bad way to make a living. ..  (Read 4113 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Not a bad way to make a living. ..
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2015, 08:24:58 PM »
I am a tech for a very large st louis based cable/internet/voip company
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2015, 08:46:10 PM »
While my ride doesn't do well on the highways, it rolls around my cubicle with easy, and I am the only one in the company with a high back leather chair.   :cool:

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2015, 08:56:55 PM »
Truck Driver is the most common job in the USA hands down.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/02/06/why-america-is-now-a-nation-of-truck-drivers/

Providing the goods to those of us that have higher paying jobs.  :)

Just kidding...I wanted to be a TD right out of high school. Kind of a romance job if you get my meaning. Up until you hit 50 and feel every bump in the road if driving long haul.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 08:58:02 PM »
For those of you with a computer, thats what I stare at all day - working with virtualization, SAN's, networks, Citrix, thin clients (no embedded OS etc) - ya  know, all that real interesting stuff that makes everyone have the "deer in the headlights look"
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2015, 09:02:58 PM »
For those of you with a computer, thats what I stare at all day - working with virtualization, SAN's, networks, Citrix, thin clients (no embedded OS etc) - ya  know, all that real interesting stuff that makes everyone have the "deer in the headlights look"
Same here, 'cept I'm the boss making sure you guys get your work done.  :devil

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2015, 09:14:30 PM »
Typical, try to show off with big words, the very next poster knows exactly what I'm wobbling on about  :)
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2015, 09:24:24 PM »
Word
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2015, 09:31:21 PM »
I don't need to post any pictures, everyone has seen and I'm sure used what I work on.

I'm the guy that puts the vending machine back together after it ate your dollar  :devil

I've been in the vending field for over 30 years. I've repaired everything from food, snack and coffee machine of all types to video and pinball games. I remember when we had thousands of cigarette machines, now you can't find one any where. I'm nearly an expert on recovering pooltables and play the game rather well. You have to test these things after you work on them!

I drive on average 150 miles a day going from site to site repairing broken machines. In the old days I helped move them as well, but now as the old guy I don't get called in for that much any more, and my back is very happy about that. Next time your playing pool at a bar/pub and it's NOT on the ground floor, think about how they got that sucker in there! Most of our tables were 8 footers, single piece slate. Weighed about that same as a P47  :neener:

There are days when I WISH for only 150 miles a day. lol
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2015, 11:12:16 PM »
I used to drive truck long haul for 20 years... at 45 it was time for a change... I got tired of not having a real life... I finally met a wonderful woman who made me an offer I could not refuse.. So when i came off the road I decided to help her in her business. What a great experience I have had, I have been to many places in the last year I love this path i am on and would not change a thing...

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2015, 08:24:25 AM »
Well , I went form a printing pressman to a brick and stone mason to a Black Jack dealer to a fisherman .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2015, 08:34:00 AM »
:airplane: I am no longer able to do the things which I love to do, bad eyes and poor health, but I have certainly enjoy my 80 years and look forward to another 80, but don't think it is going to happen! LOL
Just thought I would let  you see my "office" back in the good ole days when I was bullet proof and stupid!

(Image removed from quote.)
Are you really 80 ? I thought I was old at 52 but you could be my father , lol J/K .. I feel 80 with the life I lived .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2015, 09:21:37 AM »

This is what I pulled up to about 5 hours till Frame 1 of FSO this earlier this month...good times...

Remember to call before you dig...its the law  :aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2015, 09:24:20 AM »
Oh I forgot the funny part...it was a lineman crew setting poles that hit it.... :eek:
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2015, 09:51:44 AM »

I operate the washing and drying machines at a hospital laundry.

This is a Braun 600lb capacity commercial washing machine. We have two of these plus a 200lb machine. We have a 400lb commercial dryer and two 100lb dryers.

It's hot and heavy work but it keeps me fit and happy.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2015, 12:29:02 PM »
Oh I forgot the funny part...it was a lineman crew setting poles that hit it.... :eek:
oops lol
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait