Author Topic: Upcoming Scenario Format - Your Opportunity To Weigh In  (Read 3586 times)

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
Re: Upcoming Scenario Format - Your Opportunity To Weigh In
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2015, 02:57:12 PM »
Might be a bit of work, but I'd love to see a scenario where the starting position, conditions, and objectives being determined by the outcome of the previous frame.

Or give each side a reinforcement pool, which determines how many sorties are available, with the CO having discretion on when and where to use them.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2015, 03:57:22 PM »
Might be a bit of work, but I'd love to see a scenario where the starting position, conditions, and objectives being determined by the outcome of the previous frame.

Or give each side a reinforcement pool, which determines how many sorties are available, with the CO having discretion on when and where to use them.
This is exactly what I am considering when we talk about  "game board" style of event.
The planes would be era specific, changing with each frame as the war progresses, and dependent on the prior frames successes or failures.
This would not be a historically accurate event, it would be an actual war that the players would control based on their own actions and outcomes.  The only historical accuracy would be around the map and planes that they started with.
Absolutely worth the work.
The hourly start times could even be worked into a multi frame event instead of one or two lives, making sure there was the ability to participate through the entirety of the event.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2015, 05:47:53 PM »
The 12 hour scenario was by far the most populated special event ive been in.

You clearly haven't been around long :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2015, 05:49:15 PM »
Easter front PLEASE

Battle of the Bunnies?   He's still around here isn't he? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2015, 08:59:38 PM »
This is exactly what I am considering when we talk about  "game board" style of event.
The planes would be era specific, changing with each frame as the war progresses, and dependent on the prior frames successes or failures.
This would not be a historically accurate event, it would be an actual war that the players would control based on their own actions and outcomes.  The only historical accuracy would be around the map and planes that they started with.
Absolutely worth the work.
The hourly start times could even be worked into a multi frame event instead of one or two lives, making sure there was the ability to participate through the entirety of the event.

I would gladly donate my time to help if at all possible.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2015, 09:27:57 PM »
:aok :aok :aok

What do you think of something similar to last Pacific War but at Eastern Front. We have very nice set of VVS planes that have never participated in the scenarios: Yak-7b, Yak-3, I-16, Tu-2 - we need to use them...

Frame I: Operation Barbarossa  1941

- I-16, IL-2, T-34/76, Limited Yak-7b(*)
- 109E-4, Ju-87D-3, Bf-110, He-111, Ju-88, Panzer IV (short barrel version) Limited Bf-109F-4 (**)

LW Objective - destroy a set of VVS airbases, capture a set of V Bases
VVS Objective - damage LW, prevent from LW to gain air superiority

Frame 2: Stalingrad 1942/43

- Yak-7b, Yak-9T, I-16, IL-2; T-34/76, A-20, B-25, Limited: Hurricane, P-40B, La-5
- Bf-109F, Bf-109E, Bf-110, Ju-87D, He-111, Ju-88, Panzer IV, Limited 109G2

Frame 3: Kursk 1943

- Yak-9T, La-5, IL-2, P-39Q, A-20, B-25; T-34/76, Limited: P-40
- 109G2/6, Fw-190A5, Bf-110, Ju-87D, Panzer IV, Tiger I

Frame 4: Fall of Berlin 1945 (or other late war operation)

- Yak-9U, Yak-3, La-7, La-5, IL-2, Tu-2, B-25, T-34-85
- 109G14/K4, 190D/F, Me-262, Panzers, Tigers

(*) Yak-7b is good substitute to Yak-1. Note: Yak-1 is actually superior to Yak-7 in terms of performance having higher power/mass ratio.
(**) 109F-4 has more powerful engine in comparison to 109F-2 that was common at Eastern front.

Far too linear.

Reason: German's win Frame one.  Now what?  There wouldn't be a Frame 2 if Germany wins.  Or, maybe there would be?  It would highly depend on what the map looks like after Operation Barbarossa, despite the German Victory. :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2015, 09:09:52 AM »
Far too linear.

Reason: German's win Frame one.  Now what?  There wouldn't be a Frame 2 if Germany wins.  Or, maybe there would be?  It would highly depend on what the map looks like after Operation Barbarossa, despite the German Victory. :headscratch:

1st of all Historically, Luftwaffe won the "1st" frame - the initial step was total success destroying most of VVS. But it may be different in AH.

"Best" plane does not always win. See BoB - Hurricane was significantly less efficient than 109E so? Most of the work was done by Hurricanes.

Zero is much better than F4F, so? See what happened in Pacific War scenario?

Actually I-16 is quite close in terms of performance to Hurricane I. But has somewhat better ammo. Pilots who flew both I-16 and Hurricane preferred I-16, also Hurricane had better radio and was more comfortable. (I'll try to find the reference)

One of the reasons that VVS was wiped out in first days is that they were completely unprepared.

So I wouldn't be so sure of LW victory

Also I wouldn't connect frames strongly I'd go to something that was during Pacific War scenario.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2015, 09:14:47 AM »
I-16 vs 109E is not a very uneven fight in AH.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Online LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2015, 12:13:05 PM »
Probably not gonna happen but I'd like to see some more stuff like close air support (train, tank, convoy killing) type things.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2015, 12:19:01 PM »
Probably not gonna happen but I'd like to see some more stuff like close air support (train, tank, convoy killing) type things.

Me too.

Online LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2015, 12:27:11 PM »
Think it would be cool to have some defensive situations like a couple tanks and some 88s defending a town or field and have an advancing horde of mixed GVs attacking the position. You could introduce some interesting stuff like Storch spotting enemy and calling in air strikes with a small compliment of defending aircraft trying to shoot down tank busters. Guys in M3s trying to keep tanks on the battle field. A few M16s and wirbs thrown in.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2015, 12:58:26 PM »
Been meaning to read this thread, glad I did.

I would be willing to run BOB 12 hour, if everyone who was involved in TFT steps up and helps out again, and we get some more help from my CM team with the setup and admin duties.

Im super busy with real life atm, just could use a hand.

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2015, 01:24:55 PM »
Heres a thought, (not a complete scenario idea and maybe impossible with terrains as they are,) what about train, convoy, ship destruction as an important part of strategy for an event. Maybe a North Atlantic scenario with HE 111 as a substitute for condors and a20's for beaufighters, only sea hurricanes on the ships. Actually this sounds contrived. Maybe Norway, British fleets protected by fighters out of Britain.
Pies not kicks.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2015, 01:26:45 PM »
Whatever is needed for the 12 hour BoB....hit me up... :rock
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2015, 04:17:04 PM »
12 Hour scenario during football season(American) would be best for me personally!

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27