Author Topic: Recend the 12 hour side switch rules  (Read 10354 times)

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
Re: Recend the 12 hour side switch rules
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2015, 06:59:42 AM »
tinkles, why would you want the side switch time to increase to 12 from 6 then reduce it to 9?

semp

Not really sure what you mean there. Haven't been able to play as of late, so note sure if the hour penalty has changed or not (but if it did why was this post made?) Which leads me to believe it wasn't. So again, not really sure what you mean there.

In addition to my previous comment, perhaps the side-switch penalty could start at 4 hours (so from 12 down to 4) then every time to switch within a given period (say.. 48 hours) the timer goes up 1 hour. So 4 hours to 5, 5 to 6 etc. Until it reaches a cap, of 8-12 hours. Then will go back down to 4 hours in intervals of 1-2 hours per 12 hours on that side (to the lowest of 4 hours).

:salute
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2015, 07:44:18 AM »
read the thread from the beginning

around the 3rd page someone noticed it had been changed from 12 hour to 6 without any word from HTC.

hitech chimed in:

More like it has been that way for about 10 days, I was wondering how long before people would notice. Since it is such a HUGE problem that almost EVERY person in the game has left over :rolleyes: you would think people would have noticed sooner.

HiTech
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2015, 08:12:03 AM »
Not really sure what you mean there. Haven't been able to play as of late, so note sure if the hour penalty has changed or not (but if it did why was this post made?) Which leads me to believe it wasn't. So again, not really sure what you mean there.

In addition to my previous comment, perhaps the side-switch penalty could start at 4 hours (so from 12 down to 4) then every time to switch within a given period (say.. 48 hours) the timer goes up 1 hour. So 4 hours to 5, 5 to 6 etc. Until it reaches a cap, of 8-12 hours. Then will go back down to 4 hours in intervals of 1-2 hours per 12 hours on that side (to the lowest of 4 hours).

:salute
40 days ago I asked.  HTC said he had changed it roughly 43 days ago
( the timing is suspect!!)  :noid :noid

Just an FYI,, it's an old thread.

It is amazing no one else noticed the psychic abilities of HTC though! :bolt:

P.S.  The 3 day discrepancy is proof positive my request was not the reason for the change!
Nor did it have any effect on it. :bhead
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:15:06 AM by WWhiskey »
Flying since tour 71.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2015, 08:16:10 AM »
Think hitech's point was that the 12 hour rule was so important to some people that they didn't notice it had been changed for over a week until it was brought up to their attention.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2015, 08:42:24 AM »
Think hitech's point was that the 12 hour rule was so important to some people that they didn't notice it had been changed for over a week until it was brought up to their attention.

semp

Which, as pointed out by Lazer and several others, means nothing.  No one went around testing the time change semp after HTC was clear about not changing it for so long. Why would anyone think it would be changed? 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2015, 09:38:18 AM »
Nobody knew about it because most side switchers probably gave up trying to switch, for fear of being stuck all day on the side that has the least action.  Or your friends are on one side but won't be playing until hours later.  If you switch early in the day, you're stuck there all day.

It's kind of like the morning traffic scene in office space, only that you can only change lanes once per day.

I mostly gave up switching because the low numbered side I switched to often became the high numbered side and that sucks if you like defending.

Now, the six hour setting isn't exactly what I want, but it is much better.  If playing all day, I can switch twice if need be.  So it is an improvement.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 10:13:22 AM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2015, 04:07:18 PM »
It may be late for this observation, I usually play around 5pm PT weeknights on the knight country. Numbers on the bish and rook start increasing for the next 3 hours on many nights with concentrated base attack initiatives. Then by 9pm PT a sharp drop off on all three sides begins to happen.

During those 4 hours, switching at will or even 60 minutes would have an impact on the current community. I venture you will see a constant shifting of a cadre of players taking advantage of everyone's initiatives. If we were back at 2007 player numbers, the numbers in the arena would tend to absorb the disruption of knowing every initiative launched will probably have a pack of scalp hunters waiting to indulge their personal desires.

And what better way to insure knowing where a herd of scalps to plunder will be, changing sides to meet the mission you just watched leave the gate. With switch at will, there would probably be three who would sit on the three different countries looking for initiatives ripe for scalping to call the rest to dinner. Even with 3 hours between side switching, I doubt it would happen because in 3 hours the action in the game changes drastically.

Switching at will being the best or every 60 minutes being almost too long, is the only solution to fulfill the personal desires of this game's cadre of scalp hunters. 2, 3, 6 hours is no different than 12 hours in the lifespan of the highly capricious instant action they are looking for. If the EW\MW arenas are any gauge for the LW low number off peak time. At will or 60 minutes for the LW would probably end up with the extremes of side imbalance you see in the other two MA.

During the low numbers time and weekends I don't know what the population numbers across the countries look like. 6 hours looks like a conservative choice to see what the damage will be over time if any. I suppose it's not the players responsibility to think about this from Hitech's PoV. Regardless of the years of complaints and forum insurrections, Hitech didn't know what the long term effect would be in a single arena LWMA. And he changed it from 12 to 6 hours during a prime arena population impact period of going into school summer break. Now school is back in session and waiting until Christmas break, even 01\01\16, is a good time frame to review the impact of 6 hours against reducing that to a smaller timeframe.

I suppose it would help if an MOTD started popping up about the 6 hour change. One thing for sure, even the closed alpha testers who have been at the testing since last August like myself, have never been told anything about what AH3 will really look like and function like on the day of the AH3 Live Rollout.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2015, 04:40:36 PM »
It may be late for this observation, I usually play around 5pm PT weeknights on the knight country. Numbers on the bish and rook start increasing for the next 3 hours on many nights with concentrated base attack initiatives. Then by 9pm PT a sharp drop off on all three sides begins to happen.

During those 4 hours, switching at will or even 60 minutes would have an impact on the current community. I venture you will see a constant shifting of a cadre of players taking advantage of everyone's initiatives. If we were back at 2007 player numbers, the numbers in the arena would tend to absorb the disruption of knowing every initiative launched will probably have a pack of scalp hunters waiting to indulge their personal desires.

And what better way to insure knowing where a herd of scalps to plunder will be, changing sides to meet the mission you just watched leave the gate. With switch at will, there would probably be three who would sit on the three different countries looking for initiatives ripe for scalping to call the rest to dinner.
Even with 3 hours between side switching, I doubt it would happen because in 3 hours the action in the game changes drastically.

Switching at will being the best or every 60 minutes being almost too long, is the only solution to fulfill the personal desires of this game's cadre of scalp hunters. 2, 3, 6 hours is no different than 12 hours in the lifespan of the highly capricious instant action they are looking for. If the EW\MW arenas are any gauge for the LW low number off peak time. At will or 60 minutes for the LW would probably end up with the extremes of side imbalance you see in the other two MA.

During the low numbers time and weekends I don't know what the population numbers across the countries look like. 6 hours looks like a conservative choice to see what the damage will be over time if any. I suppose it's not the players responsibility to think about this from Hitech's PoV. Regardless of the years of complaints and forum insurrections, Hitech didn't know what the long term effect would be in a single arena LWMA. And he changed it from 12 to 6 hours during a prime arena population impact period of going into school summer break. Now school is back in session and waiting until Christmas break, even 01\01\16, is a good time frame to review the impact of 6 hours against reducing that to a smaller timeframe.

I suppose it would help if an MOTD started popping up about the 6 hour change. One thing for sure, even the closed alpha testers who have been at the testing since last August like myself, have never been told anything about what AH3 will really look like and function like on the day of the AH3 Live Rollout.

This is something I would never do, and for that matter I don't believe anyone I associate with who agrees with me would do either. Although I agree a few folks would be drawn to this style of play, but please don't lump me in with them!
 Limiting the freedom of all because a few would abuse it is like outlawing french fries because a few people die of heart disease. Or taking away everyones guns because someone is shooting folks up somewhere. It seems to me these type of concerns can be mitigated in other ways.
All this is a MOOT point ofcourse, cause for the price of 10 lattes, 20 big gulps or 20 bottles of water per month I could do the same. 

3 accounts = switch and kill at will.  The only difference between changing the rule now, and doing it my way from what I gather is about $30.00   :aok

:cheers:

JUGgler

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:42:46 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2015, 06:32:56 PM »
You can only speak for your self. And many give two reasons every time for switch at will.

1. - To find fights as instant action.
2. - To migrate where ever their friends or squad is operating.

Good intentions are just that, until fun, plunder and scalps gets in the way. And the statistical probability of someone paying for three accounts just to play this game. There does seem from player feed back over the years about half a dozen who pay for or keep creating 2 week extra accounts. Some of them are not appreciated by many in the MA because the extra accounts feed into fun, plunder and scalps versus good intentions.

It seems time is the best counter to multiple accounts, or the players as a group who are angry at Hitech, would pay for three accounts as you seem bent on portraying Hitech as a hypocrite over. Why didn't the muppets and friends simply follow your assertion and all purchase two extra accounts or create new 2 week accounts every two weeks and be done with it? Since Hitech does not seem concerned from your assertion about players going that route to get around switching sides at will.

If the answer is something about being miffed that Hitech would force you and them to that extreme or anything that makes you and them a  victim and Hitech the bad guy. Then the real answer is somewhere in between scalp hunting and plunder with good intentions flags waved about to lull the useful forum rubes into sympathy for your cause.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2015, 07:19:18 PM »
juggler, never say never.  I remember one mission years ago the muppets organized,  1/2 way to the base you guys bailed out switched and brought 262's.

semp

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2015, 07:35:37 PM »
Worked great for me today! Bish took Knights TT bases, so I switched to rooks and continued to play in TT,, now I can switch back to play with squadies later tonight .
Flying since tour 71.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2015, 04:14:11 PM »

3 accounts = switch and kill at will.  The only difference between changing the rule now, and doing it my way from what I gather is about $30.00   :aok
JUGgler

You are incorrect.

The $30 extra would be/ is a deterrent to continually change sides, just like the time limit is.

HiTech

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2015, 06:48:03 PM »
You are incorrect.

The $30 extra would be/ is a deterrent to continually change sides, just like the time limit is.

HiTech

Thank you for your reply!

Sooo, no consequence for using 3 accounts for the explicit purpose of changing countries "at will" to circumvent the 12/6 hour time constraints?

Respectfully

JUGgler
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:55:26 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2015, 09:31:59 PM »
juggler, you do realize with 3 account,  you would never had to switch?

semp

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2015, 12:16:30 AM »
juggler, you do realize with 3 account,  you would never had to switch?

semp

Holy I-don't-know-what's-going-on-here
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba