Author Topic: Recend the 12 hour side switch rules  (Read 9454 times)

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
Recend the 12 hour side switch rules
« on: July 15, 2015, 04:50:27 PM »
I'm not even sure it's 12 hours, but with the low numbers I've seen in the last few days, I've been moving around, playing low number sides,, my squad mates are also thinking of doing the same, the problem is ,, some of us end up on one side, the numbers change,, other members end up some where else.
With the lower numbers of players and the high ENY numbers seen lately (19 ENY this morning in Knights) I think it's time to go back to the 1 hour rule!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Recend the 12 hour side switch rules
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 06:19:28 PM »
He might shorten it, but I don't think you'll ever see it at 1 hour ever again. Read here on why...

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,361462.msg4811379.html#msg4811379

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 08:12:28 PM »
Times were different then for sure.
I wonder if it can even be easily changed or if it is like the HQ problem?
Maybe 2 hours,, or 6 , anything would be better than 12,, leave it to the no perks for 12 or 24 hours, I think that's a good idea.

I think Mid War is 1 hour, I change to the low side often in there.
Flying since tour 71.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 08:41:28 PM »
Times were different then for sure.
I wonder if it can even be easily changed or if it is like the HQ problem?
Maybe 2 hours,, or 6 , anything would be better than 12,, leave it to the no perks for 12 or 24 hours, I think that's a good idea.

I think Mid War is 1 hour, I change to the low side often in there.

If we can't get 1 hour, 2 hours gets my vote.   :aok
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Interceptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 06:27:30 AM »

With ur method, many players will prefer to switch to  "strongest"(most crowded) side, because they dont want to be outnumbered : that wont change anything, except for the worse.
Other games had same problem, and those who decided to use ur idea had to introduce auto-balance switch side feature(pita) to avoid balance huge problems.

I'm not even sure it's 12 hours, but with the low numbers I've seen in the last few days, I've been moving around, playing low number sides,, my squad mates are also thinking of doing the same, the problem is ,, some of us end up on one side, the numbers change,, other members end up some where else.
With the lower numbers of players and the high ENY numbers seen lately (19 ENY this morning in Knights) I think it's time to go back to the 1 hour rule!

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 07:09:27 AM »
Dear god not again!  :eek:

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 07:29:50 AM »

With ur method, many players will prefer to switch to  "strongest"(most crowded) side, because they dont want to be outnumbered : that wont change anything, except for the worse.
Other games had same problem, and those who decided to use ur idea had to introduce auto-balance switch side feature(pita) to avoid balance huge problems.

For as many people who would do that there are just as many people who would switch to the lowest side in order to fight the horde.

Just saying.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 07:35:17 AM »
For as many people who would do that there are just as many people who would switch to the lowest side in order to fight the horde.

Just saying.

this didn't happen when there was an hour switch.   

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 07:53:31 AM »
this didn't happen when there was an hour switch.   

semp
We remember those times differently .
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 07:59:36 AM »
I remember on some of the very large maps that the fight would be rook/knight on the other side of the map, so my squad jumped just to have a fight to fly to.

We stopped doing that once the numbers dropped. Our decision had nothing to do with hours before we could jump back.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 08:33:02 AM »

make eny limiting more punitive...  only allow people to switch to the lowest side, etc. etc. etc.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 10:03:49 AM »
make eny limiting more punitive...  only allow people to switch to the lowest side, etc. etc. etc.
thats a good idea!  I also always thought the ENY perk point multiplier could have been bigger to help steer players in the direction of lower numbers.

My problem is exactly as said earlier,, being out of the fight,  if I'm on one side of the map and the fight is not near my side, then what? ,,  It is even worse for GV guys,, at least in a plane, you can fly to the fight, even if it's a few sectors away!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 10:53:04 AM »
at least in a plane, you can fly to the fight, even if it's a few sectors away!

I was in Midwar a while ago. One side with numbers pounding another side with probably a 7:1 advantage. I was stuck on the side not being attacked so I flew a couple of sectors to help out the low side. I was called all sorts of nasty names for doing that.

The "gameplay" of some of the people here continues to make me scratch my head and wonder why they are playing online if they don't want to fight any opposition.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 12:45:29 PM »
I'de like to see 24 hours. And two hours until you can see dots or CV's.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 01:31:02 PM »
We remember those times differently .

you think the switch time would have changed if it was actually used to balance the game?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.