Author Topic: Joysticks  (Read 8925 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Joysticks
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2015, 11:43:07 AM »
Just upgraded from the Saitek X52 to the X55. I'm loving my X55 !!!!!!!!! :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2015, 01:35:16 PM »
Just upgraded from the Saitek X52 to the X55. I'm loving my X55 !!!!!!!!! :rock

Can you buy just the joystick, or do you have to buy the throttle too?

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2015, 10:06:48 AM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that even high res with the Oculus is worse than I can get with a 6k projector like the Titan HD:

That Titan HD looks awesome! If I ever hit the lottery I know what I would do with some of the funds!  :D
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2015, 10:13:19 AM »

Yes

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2015, 10:16:05 AM »
Thanks, I'll have to hunt around for that. I just replaced the hat on my CH set and it seems to be ok. It's one of the older versions so the quality is there, but I have been thinking of moving on to something else a bit more precise.

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2015, 01:14:23 PM »
Fugi,

For a pan-pot set up, I would say that the X55 is at least as good as an 8-year old CH Fighterstick.  That said, all the normal hygiene is needed to keep both in good shape.  Dust and debris are killers.

If MFG (Crosswind rudder pedals) ever makes a stick and throttle (with Hall-effect sensors) I'm likely to be first in line.  Milan Simudza is a rock star, I think.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2015, 02:11:54 PM »

Not sure Fugi, I didn't notice that availability on the Saitek web site.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2015, 02:46:01 PM »
Fugi,

For a pan-pot set up, I would say that the X55 is at least as good as an 8-year old CH Fighterstick.  That said, all the normal hygiene is needed to keep both in good shape.  Dust and debris are killers.

If MFG (Crosswind rudder pedals) ever makes a stick and throttle (with Hall-effect sensors) I'm likely to be first in line.  Milan Simudza is a rock star, I think.

:salute

The x55 as well as the thrustmaster T.16000m both have hall sensors, no more pan-pot stuff for these. The difference is the Thrustmaster stick is under $50 but being use to the CH stick with half a million buttons I think I would feel limited by the lack of buttons on it. The X55 looks nice, but my throttle is ok, even tho the one that comes with the X55 looks sweet! I hate spending $200 just to have a good spare laying around, especially seeing as I have never had an issue with my CH throttle. What are the odds I need a spare?

$50 or $200 is a big jump for some of us. 

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2015, 02:53:48 PM »
The x55 as well as the thrustmaster T.16000m both have hall sensors, no more pan-pot stuff for these. The difference is the Thrustmaster stick is under $50 but being use to the CH stick with half a million buttons I think I would feel limited by the lack of buttons on it. The X55 looks nice, but my throttle is ok, even tho the one that comes with the X55 looks sweet! I hate spending $200 just to have a good spare laying around, especially seeing as I have never had an issue with my CH throttle. What are the odds I need a spare?

Would love to have the x55 throttle, its a split one. Hum maybe we can make a deal. 8)

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2015, 06:58:22 PM »
Surprised no one's recommended an MS Sidewinder yet..

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2015, 08:06:36 PM »
My Christmas present to myself is an X55...had an X52 before my full CG setup which was great but it died. CH stuff needs constant re calibration so I figured it was time for a new stick and throttle. Kind of looking forward to trying out the dual throttle in a P38.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2015, 08:37:14 PM »

^ this!   :aok

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline swinger

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2015, 01:58:03 PM »
I purchased  Thrustmaster HOTAS , like it a lot.
GEAGLER

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2015, 03:43:09 PM »

I use the CH throttle and the Thrustmaster T1600. Seems a good combo especially with the all the buttons on the CH throttle.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2015, 12:04:27 PM »
The x55 as well as the thrustmaster T.16000m both have hall sensors, no more pan-pot stuff for these.

:cool:
Fugi - You got me!  In irritation I went to check your facts on the Hall sensors in the X55.  Of course you are correct.  When I considered the X-55, it was less about the prime technology (pots v. Hall) and more about 'new' and perhaps the fact that I had just taken the CH Flight stick apart (3rd time) for cleaning and noticed 8-years of wear.  I also made the assumption that Hall Effect sensors would not be available in anything less than a Warthog (which I couldn't afford).  I am now even more pleased with the X55 and knowing I won't have to clean any pots.  Thanks for the correction and Merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:24:43 PM by Ratsy »
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider