Author Topic: Exciting!!!  (Read 4006 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Exciting!!!
« on: January 08, 2016, 05:40:13 PM »
We Are very close to going to an open beta.
We have a few sound things to complete and then if things are stable, we will move on to open beta.

Will the open BETA be open to active accounts or everyone?

I ask because I think it would be awesome to boost the player base if the BETA was open "free to play"....think it would be up long enough that those new players would get passed the learning curve and the old players who left will be more inclined to try AH out again and possibly get the bug going again.

I quoted FTP because maybe only give those players a handful of rides (P51B, Spit9, 109G2, B26, Panzer, FW190A5, Ostwing, M3, C47)
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
Re: Exciting!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 05:54:30 PM »
We have a few sound things to complete and then if things are stable, we will move on to open beta.

I ask because I think it would be awesome to boost the player base if the BETA was open "free to play"....think it would be up long enough that those new players would get passed the learning curve and the old players who left will be more inclined to try AH out again and possibly get the bug going again.

I quoted FTP because maybe only give those players a handful of rides (P51B, Spit9, 109G2, B26, Panzer, FW190A5, Ostwing, M3, C47)

Anyone can play the alpha right now, As long as they are a paid subscriber and have a forum account.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 06:21:52 PM »
Anyone can play the alpha right now, As long as they are a paid subscriber and have a forum account.
Kind of off subject seeing as we are talking about the beta...
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Airsharks

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 08:00:41 PM »
Dumb! :old:

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 09:06:47 PM »
Kind of off subject seeing as we are talking about the beta...

Sorry I misread what you were talking about.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 01:43:35 PM »
No! As a long paying customer I think that if someone does not want to try the two free weeks then they are not looking for this type of game. This game would be worse off with Xbox/ps2 types. You don't want those looking for instant gratification. They will be the ones looking for a code or hack to look good instead of playing and learning.

The target group should be the folks who like the history of the time frame. WWII aircraft buffs.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 01:54:12 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 01:56:00 PM »
Sorry I misread what you were talking about.

How? Lol

YAY. :aok

:noid
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 02:25:14 PM »
You can download and try out patch91 now. It is the best patch so far with incredible ambient sounds the game has never had before. Check out the new battle ship. Just post back any problems you run into in the open alpha forum to help Hitech.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 03:29:13 PM »
You can download and try out patch91 now. It is the best patch so far with incredible ambient sounds the game has never had before. Check out the new battle ship. Just post back any problems you run into in the open alpha forum to help Hitech.
Thread isn't about that
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 07:04:22 PM »
That's OK, they can get their hands on it sooner than later while helping get to the beta. 18 months later I'm praying for the beta as probably are those still here from back then when the first test terrain had mostly 1000ft tall beer bottles all over it. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 07:50:50 PM »
Thread isn't about that

Thread isn't about you saying "thread isnt about that."

X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2016, 08:36:42 PM »
Thread isn't about you saying "thread isnt about that."
I'm correcting people tough guy...one misread the OP and one is a stubborn old guy.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2016, 08:45:10 PM »
I'm correcting people tough guy...one misread the OP and one is a stubborn old guy.

(say it again Junky...he from Arkansas...go slow.)
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 09:04:31 PM »
No! As a long paying customer I think that if someone does not want to try the two free weeks then they are not looking for this type of game. This game would be worse off with Xbox/ps2 types. You don't want those looking for instant gratification. They will be the ones looking for a code or hack to look good instead of playing and learning.

The target group should be the folks who like the history of the time frame. WWII aircraft buffs.
See I disagree, I don't think making the BETA open to all free to play would attract the Xbox kinds passed the free to play portion...they may try but maybe we do find a few who like this type of game. Some of the best sticks in this game right now could be classified as "xbox/ps2 types"
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2016, 09:06:37 PM »
(say it again Junky...he from Arkansas...go slow.)
nah he just has a beef with me because of a thread I started so he thinks I'm an a hole...which he would be right for the most part but I know he is...what did we call the little panseys in the military...tiny hearted?  :D

It's alright sukov you can hate, just remember I still rek you in a 152 :aok

:devil :devil :devil
DFC Member
"Yikes"