Author Topic: Exciting!!!  (Read 4008 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Exciting!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 09:54:31 PM »
This game would be worse off with Xbox/ps2 types. You don't want those looking for instant gratification.

You've been using that same line for a while. It's playstation 4 now.

Need a new computer to run beta and don't spend any time PCing anymore, all mobile.

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 10:44:10 PM »
Wouldn't it make more business sense to advertise an open beta, make it free and advertise the hell out of it and then charge after the new fish have taken the hook?

You would estimate that all of the current AH players will cross over so that is guaranteed income and bankable. Expansion and increased longevity and income will only be activated by new players.

What’s a targeted Facebook advert worth? Facebook is pretty much a middle age device now and viewed as a little passé by many. That means that targeting Facebook subscribers with military or public service interests hits the mark.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2016, 10:47:20 PM »
I'm correcting people tough guy...one misread the OP and one is a stubborn old guy.

The requirements to be considered a BBS "tough guy" have gone way down.  Much like the requirements to be considered good.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2016, 10:53:50 PM »
The requirements to be considered a BBS "tough guy" have gone way down.  Much like the requirements to be considered good.
It's ok little man, you can hate me.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 10:54:21 PM »
Wouldn't it make more business sense to advertise an open beta, make it free and advertise the hell out of it and then charge after the new fish have taken the hook?

You would estimate that all of the current AH players will cross over so that is guaranteed income and bankable. Expansion and increased longevity and income will only be activated by new players.

What’s a targeted Facebook advert worth? Facebook is pretty much a middle age device now and viewed as a little passé by many. That means that targeting Facebook subscribers with military or public service interests hits the mark.

Many do not use facebook.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 10:55:56 PM »
It's ok little man, you can hate me.

That's assuming a lot. I don't recall ever saying I hated you or ever implying I disliked you.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2016, 10:59:44 PM »

My thoughts exactly

Many do not use facebook.
That's completely false...POTW Facebook has like 30 members in it...your a minority if you don't have a Facebook.

That's assuming a lot. I don't recall ever saying I hated you or ever implying I disliked you.
Your posts toward me come off that way...like your first post in this thread, you didn't read the thread completely...so you posted something "smart" but it just came off like you got something against me...it's fine...I don't care.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2016, 11:02:15 PM »
My thoughts exactly
That's completely false...POTW Facebook has like 30 members in it...your a minority if you don't have a Facebook.
Your posts toward me come off that way...like your first post in this thread, you didn't read the thread completely...so you posted something "smart" but it just came off like you got something against me...it's fine...I don't care.

How many folks on the planet. Now how many on facebook

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2016, 11:05:04 PM »
My thoughts exactly

I read and understood completely. Posting a you're not on topic reply is in fact not on topic. It was just a banter reply really, it doesn't appear you took it very well.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2016, 11:26:52 PM »
I don't do Facebook. Say no to Facebook. Just say no.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2016, 11:48:49 PM »
I’m always getting Facebook ads for services and items that are akin to my interests. I am not tech smart to work out their methods.

All I know is I keep getting “suggested posts” for cricket, holidays in Samoa and cut price snowboards. How do they do this? And more importantly, it works.

I meant Facebook is seen by many as “nerdy” now that it is filled with middle age people.  It’s also an indictment that every positive thought is met by at least five going in the opposite direction. There’s plenty of time to be a “grumpy old man” in the retirement home.

Keep playing the marching song Junky – well played.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2016, 02:16:06 AM »
You gents should cut Junky some slack. He is fresh out of the service and making this a new years come back into the forum and the game. I guess we got a bit stale while he was gone. Remember when we all had this much get up and go about this game? He's just showing off his right stuff while he shakes off the rust.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2016, 06:13:32 AM »
How many folks on the planet. Now how many on facebook

How many people between the age of 18-35....and how many of them have Facebook? Because that's the crowd to market a video game to, AKAK can probably confirm the average age of gamers better...Do I think Facebook ads are the way to go? Nope personally I think Youtube is better but to say that the people we are trying to draw to the game don't have a Facebook is absolutely without a doubt wrong.

I read and understood completely. Posting a you're not on topic reply is in fact not on topic. It was just a banter reply really, it doesn't appear you took it very well.
Maybe Changeup was right about the Arkansas thing.... "I don't care"
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2016, 07:46:11 AM »
I'm very excited with the upcoming beta, and I just got me a new shade account, so ftp or not I'll be there  :banana:

And yes,  the PlayStation is at its 4th iteration now, the 2nd was released 15 years ago :P Note that partly because the ps4 has a x86 processor, a large part of the PC games are cross platform now, and share a good chunk of their user base.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2016, 12:03:01 PM »
Thread isn't about you saying "thread isnt about that."

I beg to differ...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.