Author Topic: M3 Resupply is OP  (Read 3926 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: M3 Resupply is OP
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2016, 10:36:33 PM »
On the other side of things.....
If you try and up and get picked off each attempt before getting any speed up it is also frustrating....from a guy who defends alot this is no more lack of combat as is running an M3...however it is palmed off as OK because it is a base take......
sometimes the numbers just don't fit to have a mass defense.... so if I am supposed to be fodder for you and your mates taking the base(especially when there is a persistent vulcher)...guess what....not going to be....I will run an M3 supply the town and make your job harder...my job is to stop you taking my base.... I will do this and wait till some of you have to RTB...then if there is only two or three attackers I will up and face off...

Now people....don't get all bent...I am not attacking/saying you in particular are doing this...I am just saying this is what I find...and I defend 98% of my playing time..

Hmmmm   re reading this last part....I guess I am saying you  hahahaha

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 10:40:25 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2016, 05:39:36 AM »
If you try and up and get picked off each attempt before getting any speed up it is also frustrating....from a guy who defends alot this is no more lack of combat as is running an M3...however it is palmed off as OK because it is a base take......
sometimes the numbers just don't fit to have a mass defense.... so if I am supposed to be fodder for you and your mates taking the base(especially when there is a persistent vulcher)...guess what....not going to be....I will run an M3 supply the town and make your job harder...my job is to stop you taking my base.... I will do this and wait till some of you have to RTB...then if there is only two or three attackers I will up and face off...

Now people....don't get all bent...I am not attacking/saying you in particular are doing this...I am just saying this is what I find...and I defend 98% of my playing time..

+1  :aok  :rock
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2016, 09:13:56 AM »
make field supplies a zero sum mechanic (the benefit of taking supplies to another field, is balanced by the cost of taking another fields supplies).

so if the lead field is down, you take some from a field next to it, and if that field is down you have to trickle the supplies forward (or fly them up). I actually really like that idea, you could mass resupply at the cost of making adjacent fields vulnerable.

I do not hate this idea.  Only problem I see with it is, do you really want to allow other players to affect something that is now a limited supply?  Either through ill intent or through incompetence they would be able to take useful supplies for something other than where it makes the most sense to put it.

Wiley.

Simple Solution:

Perk the supplies, that will put the burden on the player rather than the liability on the team, and prevent many of the "accidents (or incompetence" that might occur if it was free.

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2016, 09:17:40 AM »

If a base is being attack and the FH/VH isn't hit, the attacking team isn't really trying to capture, they are just trying to get kills.
The smart thing to do is to just up from an adjacent base and come in with some alt so you can help push the team down towards ground level.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2016, 09:38:22 AM »
If a base is being attack and the FH/VH isn't hit, the attacking team isn't really trying to capture, they are just trying to get kills.
The smart thing to do is to just up from an adjacent base and come in with some alt so you can help push the team down towards ground level.

That would involve fighting.  The truck drivers made it clear they dont come here to fight. 

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2016, 09:41:18 AM »
Another +1 out of Copprhed and it actually helps my case again!!!! Woooooooow twice in one thread. :rock

Tongs, if the enemy is not going to up and intercept heavy planes coming in.....they are going to get vulched, that's the consequence of the rest of the defense upping M3s instead of upping something that can stop that....yea they hold the field but trust me I don't have fun landing 10 easy kills.....I have fun dieing with however many good kills.

What I hope is that this makes base defense by whirb or plane the main option for defense. ....currently M3 is all you need to hold base in a lot of cases. Seriously I see less whirbs now....that used to be the first thing to up at most bases you were attacking....where'd they go??? Oh the drivers are in M3s resupping the troops I took down ten minutes ago  :rolleyes:

It's not a fact and you have absolutely no data to back up your claims. 
The fact you for the most part only play during PST prime time is one reason you probably don't see it like Lazer and myself see it.....but I will get hard numbers and film today in a custom arena. I will time how long it takes to kill troops at a v base (the easiest base to kill troops on) then I'll time how long it takes to bring them back up....so when the time to bring them back up is less....will you agree that it should be nerfed??? I don't have to run the test to tell you it will be quicker....there's no doubt in my mind of that...but I will and will come back with numbers later today.

What would your argument be against it after that??? Because I'll keep running controlled tests until you agree with me...even though hundreds of hours of experience with this should be enough...

But what if I need the fighter hangars up when I take it to defend against the planes coming from the adjacent base??? just a reason why to keep them up in an attack.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2016, 09:52:25 AM »
How to Kill a M3 101.

1. N1K2-J, Typhoon, Tempest, LA-7, LA-5, N1K2-J, any all cannon bird one short burst and M3s go poof.
2. Up a tank and sit in direction of spawn...M8 Greyhounds are excellent M3 killing tools.
3. Be creative.  JU87s with the big guns are fun to chase M3s with.
4. Use rockets if ords are up...this is fun also.
5. 2 passes with 50cal machine guns and M3 will either be destroyed or front tires will be flat.
6. The 190F8 with rockets is an excellent choice if ords are up...even if they are not, 2 short bursts and M3 goes poof.
7. Il2s are great as well.  1 short burst and M3 goes poof.
8. Need perks?  Use a 109E. 
9. On your strafing runs come in at high angle...even with machine guns M3s go poof easy with this method.
10. Tired of M3s ruining your fun...come to the BBS and cry...this method will ensure you that the M3 will stop ruining your fights.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2016, 10:28:43 AM »
 :cheers: Junky, if you think so. I disagree, and I really get tired of people trying to "fix" the game. All you are doing is attempting to remake the game in your imaginary image. It's not the game I play, nor is your idea of the game what I have ever perceived it to be now or to have EVER been. Resupply is a part of the game, it works and it should stay.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2016, 10:29:34 AM »
I really hope this type of complaint thread doesn't continue in AH3...I really do.

Offline 68EZPkns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2016, 10:38:11 AM »
Now the fester map is so big you would have to invest at least a hour just to get to the trainig strat,but the map after,not sure of the name of it, mush smaller and flight time to strats mush less. First thing I did whn it came up was jump in buffs and hit the training strat. In fact all the Bish strats were hit hard within 1st 45 min of that map. Made all the difference.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2016, 11:20:40 AM »
Now the fester map is so big you would have to invest at least a hour just to get to the trainig strat,but the map after,not sure of the name of it, mush smaller and flight time to strats mush less. First thing I did whn it came up was jump in buffs and hit the training strat. In fact all the Bish strats were hit hard within 1st 45 min of that map. Made all the difference.
I was hitting Bish strats....watched them come up in percentage as I was RTB.

:cheers: Junky, if you think so. I disagree, and I really get tired of people trying to "fix" the game. All you are doing is attempting to remake the game in your imaginary image. It's not the game I play, nor is your idea of the game what I have ever perceived it to be now or to have EVER been. Resupply is a part of the game, it works and it should stay.
It does work...you are absolutely right....my argument is that it's works too well(historically speaking I'm absolutely right) You can't stop it unless you have overwhelming man power....so should every base take be a horde mission now???

I truly believe a nerf in this would help overall gameplay for everyone....not just complaining or trying to get people to play the way I want them to play.

Fights are often stale or not existent on a lot of maps right now and this is one of the issues causing it....another being large maps, another being side switch time being more then an hour.

I really hope this type of complaint thread doesn't continue in AH3...I really do.
So we shouldn't be able to discuss issues we have with the game??? So when cybro comes over to AH3 you won't post a thread about it because you have an issue with it??

How to Kill a M3 101.

1. N1K2-J, Typhoon, Tempest, LA-7, LA-5, N1K2-J, any all cannon bird one short burst and M3s go poof.
2. Up a tank and sit in direction of spawn...M8 Greyhounds are excellent M3 killing tools.
3. Be creative.  JU87s with the big guns are fun to chase M3s with.
4. Use rockets if ords are up...this is fun also.
5. 2 passes with 50cal machine guns and M3 will either be destroyed or front tires will be flat.
6. The 190F8 with rockets is an excellent choice if ords are up...even if they are not, 2 short bursts and M3 goes poof.
7. Il2s are great as well.  1 short burst and M3 goes poof.
8. Need perks?  Use a 109E. 
9. On your strafing runs come in at high angle...even with machine guns M3s go poof easy with this method.
10. Tired of M3s ruining your fun...come to the BBS and cry...this method will ensure you that the M3 will stop ruining your fights.
10. Flame bait......tell sawzaw to stop PMing me....not going to DA with someone who lies about it after word JunkyII > Sawzaw

Oh and I already answered the part of killing the M3s....infinite lives vs limited bullets.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2016, 11:34:41 AM »
Junky, before I devoted myself entirely to the Beta, I regularly played in the Ma, and it was common practice to take out vh's at surrounding bases to stop resupply. It was also common practice to kill the m3s that were resupping. What on God's earth is stopping you from doing that, other than just plain refusing to do so? I mean come on! This is a pointless thread about an issue that just does NOT exist, except in your head.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2016, 11:49:27 AM »
He and Lazer play in off peak hours. Unless they can clone themselves and afford 20-30 additional accounts to bring their own hoards, there is not enough of the two of them to go around. During off peak many players are not interested in feeding themselves to them. Only the bish these days seem to get a regular hoard of some kind going anymore. And they usually start showing up around 8pm pacific time.

1. - Low player numbers in general.
2. - Small hoards that are still as picky about their gang bangs as the mega hoards of old.
3. - Not enough defenders to inspire the average ACM player to take a smack down to make Junky and Lazer happy.

I really think we have to let AH3 go live and the first blush of newness to ease. Then give Hitech constructive suggestions about the state of things. Low player numbers very well may need smaller maps until subscriptions pick up. Without destabilizing the game, if this is really about base capturing versus the power of the M3, and not a cover to being angry those players are in M3 and not fighters. Until player numbers pick up, reduce the town down percentage for a white flag to 10%. It will generate more activity by small numbers.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 68EZPkns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2016, 01:56:30 PM »
Junky, before I devoted myself entirely to the Beta, I regularly played in the Ma, and it was common practice to take out vh's at surrounding bases to stop resupply. It was also common practice to kill the m3s that were resupping. What on God's earth is stopping you from doing that, other than just plain refusing to do so? I mean come on! This is a pointless thread about an issue that just does NOT exist, except in your head.

+100

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2016, 03:15:12 PM »
Waaa
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool: