Author Topic: M3 Resupply is OP  (Read 3931 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: M3 Resupply is OP
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2016, 01:34:29 AM »
  It is very rare to see me flying in the day or during prime time.
That's what I was saying lol

OP only flies light fighters.
190F8....my most flown plane....keep trying.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2016, 02:51:02 AM »
That's what I was saying lol

No, this is what you said.
The fact you for the most part only play during PST prime time is one reason you probably don't see it like Lazer and myself see it.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2016, 03:35:02 AM »

Should I be like 49Zardoz and try to order people to do things on country channel???

I don't know where you get this hogwash.

I don't recall ever ordering anyone to do anything. I do call out for folks to join missions now and then. And even though I am a proud 49er and we do a lot of what some think is crazy stuff (four hour GV drives, B-17 suicide gunship raids, and such) I spend most of my time in fighters. I do some resupping when I am asked, but mostly I am up in the air getting myself blown out of the sky.

I never have a problem finding a fight.

I've been at this about a year or so now and I really like the game the way it is. And I am highly anticipating the release of AHIII.

HiTech... It's a great game just the way it is

And I NEVER whine. Period.

Maybe you should do less of it and more fighting.

Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2016, 03:43:33 AM »
This was on the map that came after FesterMA so the bases are extremely close to resupply strats...I hit it at 100% down to 33% and it was at 50 something when I was killed about 10 minutes later....

It must have already had been hit before. To get factory buildings back up within 10 minutes on Fester you'd need more then 30 players standing by with their supps. That's not going to happen with current numbers. Also, resupply works on all buildings in a factory.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2016, 04:26:47 AM »
I do agree with junky wholeheartedly on this.  During off hours it is like a disease that has spread and made defending so easy some guys dont even bother attacking fields anymore.

however I think you could.keep the option but remove the downtime command on buildings.  This will mean the defender would actually have to take off or drive to town and check it without knowing how long until it pops.   I feel some of the excitement of a base capture is taken away when you know with a few simple key presses whether the town is ready.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2016, 04:29:05 AM »
All strats are still down for 180 minutes minus 4 minutes for each box of supps dropped at that strat. Do the math - that's 42 supply runs to bring up any strat object in 10 minutes. Your story is absurd, I guarantee you there are not 20+ people resupping strats late at night. And the strats are small enough that one drop will usually supply every object there, so if a strat goes from 33% to 50% it almost certainly. means the objects were destroyed at different times.

This has been argued to death many times before and the reasons Hitech did not make the change you want before apply just as much now: if you nerf resup, it will become too easy for a few guys in bombers to flatten 6 or 7 towns and spend the next 2 1/2 hours trying to sneak those bases because there's no way to resupply them. This will not result in more combat, it will result in LESS combat. It's all about unintended consequences.

I understand your desire to foster air combat but the fact is if some players refuse to get planes up and fight there is no way you can MAKE them do it. If they can't resup they'll bang away in manned guns or up wirbels and park on the runway . You see this all the time late at night, 2 or 3 people start to attack a base and instead of taking off there or better yet flying in from the next field you'll get a couple of guys banging away all night in 88s with no effect. And resupping is by far not the most effective way to defend a base, it's just the safest effective way for players who regard A2A combat as too risky. It's really only effective when combined with a more combative defense, otherwise the defenders will never get enough boxes to the town before the attacker can get one load of troops in unless the defenders outnumber the attackers substantially in which case they could more quickly and easily up fighters and kill the troops. But the main use of resupping towns and fields is to avoid the need to babysit them for another 2 hours after the initial attack has been beaten off.

As for not enough ammo to kill resupping M3s, most experienced base defenders know you need to let them get 2/3 of the way to town before killing them instead of blasting them the second they spawn. Any fighter in the game has enough ammo to kill 2-3 M3s and if you can't get troops in by the time they've made their 3rd trip only to be blasted 2k from town, you weren't going to take the base anyway. You might also want to consider having your troops on station before white flagging the town instead of WFing it and then having to bring troops all the way from the spawn or the nearest airfield. If your resources are too limited to have troops while town is still being taken down, get it to within 2-3 buildings and then come back with troops, the M3 with troops can get those last few with its pintel MG on the way to the map room (and of course the air cover could easily kill a couple too). Most defenders usually don't think about resupply until the flag goes white.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2016, 08:42:12 AM »
No, this is what you said.
11PM PST I would consider PST primetime.

I don't know where you get this hogwash.

I don't recall ever ordering anyone to do anything. I do call out for folks to join missions now and then. And even though I am a proud 49er and we do a lot of what some think is crazy stuff (four hour GV drives, B-17 suicide gunship raids, and such) I spend most of my time in fighters. I do some resupping when I am asked, but mostly I am up in the air getting myself blown out of the sky.

I never have a problem finding a fight.

I've been at this about a year or so now and I really like the game the way it is. And I am highly anticipating the release of AHIII.

HiTech... It's a great game just the way it is

And I NEVER whine. Period.

Maybe you should do less of it and more fighting.

What did you expect after your last post???...maybe your not the 49er who does it but people in your squad absolutely do so my point still stands....people come in a thread like this and say "stop trying to make people play the game the way you want to make them play" but will turn around and try to order people in game to do things in order to grab bases.

This has been argued to death many times before and the reasons Hitech did not make the change you want before apply just as much now: if you nerf resup, it will become too easy for a few guys in bombers to flatten 6 or 7 towns and spend the next 2 1/2 hours trying to sneak those bases because there's no way to resupply them. This will not result in more combat, it will result in LESS combat. It's all about unintended consequences.I know how long it's been argue because I'm pretty sure I'm the loudest voice against it....and HTC has not said anything in any of the threads except "wish not granted" so for you to say that is the reason Hitech gave...is "absurd"....and TBH that tactic doesn't sound viable.

I understand your desire to foster air combat but the fact is if some players refuse to get planes up and fight there is no way you can MAKE them do it. If they can't resup they'll bang away in manned guns or up wirbels and park on the runway . You see this all the time late at night, 2 or 3 people start to attack a base and instead of taking off there or better yet flying in from the next field you'll get a couple of guys banging away all night in 88s with no effect. And resupping is by far not the most effective way to defend a base, it's just the safest effective way for players who regard A2A combat as too risky. It's really only effective when combined with a more combative defense, otherwise the defenders will never get enough boxes to the town before the attacker can get one load of troops in unless the defenders outnumber the attackers substantially in which case they could more quickly and easily up fighters and kill the troops. But the main use of resupping towns and fields is to avoid the need to babysit them for another 2 hours after the initial attack has been beaten off.First...AGAIN it isn't just about air combat...don't known how many times I've had to say this...it's combat in general. If people were using M3 resupply like you said, I wouldn't be posting any of this...the issue I have is that it is the go to for defense when an attack begins, not after an attack has been beaten off...which realistically is absurd and gameplay wise...boring

As for not enough ammo to kill resupping M3s, most experienced base defenders know you need to let them get 2/3 of the way to town before killing them instead of blasting them the second they spawn. Any fighter in the game has enough ammo to kill 2-3 M3s and if you can't get troops in by the time they've made their 3rd trip only to be blasted 2k from town, you weren't going to take the base anyway. You might also want to consider having your troops on station before white flagging the town instead of WFing it and then having to bring troops all the way from the spawn or the nearest airfield. If your resources are too limited to have troops while town is still being taken down, get it to within 2-3 buildings and then come back with troops, the M3 with troops can get those last few with its pintel MG on the way to the map room (and of course the air cover could easily kill a couple too). Most defenders usually don't think about resupply until the flag goes white. First, I'm very experienced at all parts of the game so don't try to make it a "you don't know how to defend or take bases" thing...Are you suggesting I bail to get troops when there aren't enough people to have them staged??? If so that is just another reason why it should be nerfed
It must have already had been hit before. To get factory buildings back up within 10 minutes on Fester you'd need more then 30 players standing by with their supps. That's not going to happen with current numbers. Also, resupply works on all buildings in a factory.

I could have been mistaken but I wouldn't have been surprised, there was about 20 bish on 14 rooks and 9 knights....only a single dar bar over knight/bish front and only a single bish buff hitting rook strats so the bish could have been resupping like crazy at the time (still had numbers in flight)
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2016, 08:47:32 AM »

I could have been mistaken but I wouldn't have been surprised, there was about 20 bish on 14 rooks and 9 knights...

That's still not nearly enough to pull off a factory resupply in 10 minutes. Even if all Bishops went there, which is very much unlikely to happen. You have to factor in the tower sitters, the ones that don't care about strats or supply, the ones that just can't stand the guy asking for help, the ones simply having something better to do...
Getting 20 players for a factory resupply was already a good turnout when you had like 100 players on a side... and as shown before, you would had needed about twice than that.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 68EZPkns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2016, 09:28:36 AM »
Good last posts fellows,complaining about m3s resupping is silly.There are so many ways to stop that.Either those complaining dont understand the game or are just lazy or both.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2016, 09:31:23 AM »
Good last posts fellows,complaining about m3s resupping is silly.There are so many ways to stop that.Either those complaining dont understand the game or are just lazy or both.
Understand the game completely and I'm definitely not lazy....lack of time to drop all the strats maybe...but not lazy.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2016, 10:32:21 AM »
I don't like killing barracks and M3s all day...which is what I did for most of the day as a rook.

post a mission and get some help!  :old:

Get some bombers to the troop factory then destroy the barracks and kill the m3s.

Or better yet..

Kill the troops the cover the soon to be inbound M3s  and FIGHTERS! yep i said it, fighters!  they will try to kill you when you ruin there game!  some might even think your easy prey flying low in enemy ack, but no! Suckers!, now you gotem where you want them.  Hot and heavy on a blind date with your 20mm.

:banana:

end

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2016, 10:50:21 AM »
post a mission and get some help!  :old:

Get some bombers to the troop factory then destroy the barracks and kill the m3s.

Or better yet..

Kill the troops the cover the soon to be inbound M3s  and FIGHTERS! yep i said it, fighters!  they will try to kill you when you ruin there game!  some might even think your easy prey flying low in enemy ack, but no! Suckers!, now you gotem where you want them.  Hot and heavy on a blind date with your 20mm.

:banana:

end
I post my intentions on nearly every sortie because it gives more SA to my fellow countrymen, I don't run mission because its not my style...I ask for help, can't blame people for not helping.

AGAIN, I did do this and they resupped them faster then I could keep them down.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2016, 12:09:23 PM »
11PM PST I would consider PST primetime.
What did you expect after your last post???...maybe your not the 49er who does it but people in your squad absolutely do so my point still stands....people come in a thread like this and say "stop trying to make people play the game the way you want to make them play" but will turn around and try to order people in game to do things in order to grab bases.

That's even more hilarious than your first statement. When i joined the 49'ers the first thing they told me was "we are not really a base taking squad. That is not our primary focus" It's always been a lot about finding things that are a challenge and doing them in interesting ways. If that involves taking a base, then we do it. And sometimes we are happy to help in others efforts to do so. And I personally have never heard ANY 49'er ORDERING anyone around. I'm not saying it didn't happen, because it IS a group of individuals, and everyone has their moments, good and bad. But to say that it is something systemic with our squad is just plain wrong. And asking folks to join a mission is not trying to make people play the way we want them to. One can always decline, and no harm, no foul.

It's HiTech's game. I like it just the way it is and can't wait for AHIII.
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2016, 12:13:36 PM »
I do agree with junky wholeheartedly on this.  During off hours it is like a disease that has spread and made defending so easy some guys dont even bother attacking fields anymore.

however I think you could.keep the option but remove the downtime command on buildings.  This will mean the defender would actually have to take off or drive to town and check it without knowing how long until it pops.   I feel some of the excitement of a base capture is taken away when you know with a few simple key presses whether the town is ready.

I like this idea. I remember an important part of takes used to be setting a timer so you could know when a VH or whatever was going to pop. Hmmm. Bruv I think you may be onto something there. It would shape thinking differently for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline 68EZPkns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2016, 12:22:19 PM »
Ok your not lazy,ill take your word for it. And like i said the fester map is so big it is very time consuming to hit those strats at the back of the map,I can understand no wanting to spend hour getting to them. But still ways around that if you have few guys willing to cooperate and kill vh at next base. Heck if your able to up a m8 or m18  and set up between spawn and town,you can run them down if need be. Plenty of ways to stop m3,s. I just think this is a non issue.