Author Topic: M3 Resupply is OP  (Read 3934 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: M3 Resupply is OP
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2016, 04:11:24 PM »
Once again you make me look even more right because of the bolded portion of your post....the exact reason why M3 needs to be nerfed...because people like you use it to avoid combat but keep bases.

Look this guy literally avoids combat in a COMBAT SIMULATOR.

Running supplies to a base under attack isn't avoiding combat as the M3 runs a very real risk of being strafed by planes or attacked by enemy GVs pressing on the town.  If anything, it helps prolong the battle for the base.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2016, 04:17:02 PM »
M3 resupply avoids combat but still holds a field

Hey Junky,

Do you ever circle the town or check the spawns and look for those re-supping M3's?  They are fairly easy to kill.  If there are a bunch of guys re-supplying a town, there are lots of easy kills to be had.

In fact, if I bring an M3 to a field under attack, I expect to be shot at, either by strafing aircraft or enemy GVs.  I've been killed many, many times in an M3 that way, so it's hardly avoiding combat.

Why would someone up from a capped (and likely de-acked) field, when the key to holding the field may be re-supping the town.  If you're looking to shoot something, you might just be looking in the wrong place.  I would suggest you check the spawn(s) and town for M3's.  After a few easy kills of M3's, one of two things tends to happen: either they stop running M3's, or someone ups from the field to stop you from strafing them.  That's a win for you either way, and in the latter case gives you the fight you are looking for!

A simple adaptation of your tactics may be the simplest solution here.

<S>
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 04:28:13 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2016, 04:29:58 PM »
Well, it seems HTC is going to have to decide if they are providing a land capture game, or a combat game.
Not at all Fugi, not at all. It's both, and has been for a long time. I've been playing strategy games since I was 17 years old, and this is just a strategy game that allows for immersion in the various aspects of that strategy, from tanking, to bombing, resupply and yes even dogfighting. There is also a place for those who "lead' with strategies...i.e. mission, etc. This game hasn't been a pure dogfighting game for years and years, and those who keep insisting that it is need to get with the times or frankly move on. I wonder if a poll was taken how many would want a pure dogfighting game vs what it is now. My bet, judging by the number of people who do multiple things in the game outnumber those who only dogfight.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2016, 04:35:32 PM »
This game hasn't been a pure dogfighting game for years and years

It never was.  When AW died and I came here, the first thing I noticed was the unusual emphasis on points and landgrabbing.  That was in 2001...

- oldman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2016, 04:59:32 PM »
No one see my post? Take your happy butts to their training strat and nerf it.Then they have to run 15 M3's instead of just a couple.That will slow them down. You can also go kill 2 bases up the chain instead of just the base they are resuppin from. There is a answer to all this just requires someone go do it. And if this was just a combat game then you wouldnt need a MA just a DA. I like the strategic element to the game , if you just wanting to have 1 on 1 fighter combat then go get some like minded players and go to the DA.
I did drop the troop strat down to 30% this morning...it was already being brought back up while I was RTB.....Resupply = OP
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2016, 05:02:48 PM »
Running supplies to a base under attack isn't avoiding combat as the M3 runs a very real risk of being strafed by planes or attacked by enemy GVs pressing on the town.  If anything, it helps prolong the battle for the base.

ack-ack
Yes it does have the risk of running into planes on its way in...but planes have a limited amount of fuel and ammo to kill M3s over an over that have infinite lives.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2016, 05:07:14 PM »
Hey Junky,

Do you ever circle the town or check the spawns and look for those re-supping M3's?  They are fairly easy to kill.  If there are a bunch of guys re-supplying a town, there are lots of easy kills to be had.

In fact, if I bring an M3 to a field under attack, I expect to be shot at, either by strafing aircraft or enemy GVs.  I've been killed many, many times in an M3 that way, so it's hardly avoiding combat.

Why would someone up from a capped (and likely de-acked) field, when the key to holding the field may be re-supping the town.  If you're looking to shoot something, you might just be looking in the wrong place.  I would suggest you check the spawn(s) and town for M3's.  After a few easy kills of M3's, one of two things tends to happen: either they stop running M3's, or someone ups from the field to stop you from strafing them.  That's a win for you either way, and in the latter case gives you the fight you are looking for!

<S>

there's been times when there's like 5 or 6 fighters and we all run out of ammo killing endless m3 supply runs.  ask the 49th's how many times we stopped them.  but only because we have numbers, if it's only a couple of players then m3's will win.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2016, 05:09:56 PM »
Hey Junky,

<S>
I do check the spawns....Ive exhausted tactics short of Horde killing all the bases within a certain area. Ask Palidan....killed troops 3 times just to have them resupped on my way RTB....should I bomb and bail to get back there faster???

My problem isn't that they are trying to resupp a capped field(I'm all good with that)....my problem is they are upping M3s instead of upping to defend a field from being capped in the first place.....which again leads to stale fronts and no fights for a country.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2016, 05:15:28 PM »
Not at all Fugi, not at all. It's both, and has been for a long time. I've been playing strategy games since I was 17 years old, and this is just a strategy game that allows for immersion in the various aspects of that strategy, from tanking, to bombing, resupply and yes even dogfighting. There is also a place for those who "lead' with strategies...i.e. mission, etc. This game hasn't been a pure dogfighting game for years and years, and those who keep insisting that it is need to get with the times or frankly move on. I wonder if a poll was taken how many would want a pure dogfighting game vs what it is now. My bet, judging by the number of people who do multiple things in the game outnumber those who only dogfight.
Who keeps saying that it is only a dogfighting game???? Not a single player in here has said that.....it is a combat game "Welcome to the best WW2 and WW1 combat experience online!" from the front page....Id rather see mass whirbs up on a field then a mass of M3s running supps to a town that has only had ack taken down....seen that recently, is that tactically sound to up an M3 when there are Fighters inbound or tanks or bombers inbound???? No...
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2016, 05:55:11 PM »
"seen that recently, is that tactically sound to up an M3 when there are Fighters inbound or tanks or bombers inbound???? "
Absolutely! If ack is a part of the game, and it aids in the defense of a town or base, then it is tactically UNSOUND not to. You're not getting your way, people aren't playing the way you've decided that they should and you just flat out can't handle it.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2016, 06:43:23 PM »
"seen that recently, is that tactically sound to up an M3 when there are Fighters inbound or tanks or bombers inbound???? "
Absolutely! If ack is a part of the game, and it aids in the defense of a town or base, then it is tactically UNSOUND not to. You're not getting your way, people aren't playing the way you've decided that they should and you just flat out can't handle it.

You had a key phrase in your statement.. people arent playing.

I thought i read in another thread that you also quit playing?

Something about cybro?

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2016, 07:35:55 PM »
You were talking about strategy...an M3 shouldnt be the most strategic weapon in the game.....as of now it is....if you think it should be your just too far gone trying to win the war...it's not about the war, it's the fight the war spawns aND as of now...this feature kills those fights. FACT.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2016, 07:58:20 PM »
.this feature kills those fights. FACT.

It's not a fact and you have absolutely no data to back up your claims. 
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2016, 09:03:33 PM »
I like to GV and never miss a good gv battle,  but if someone puts out a call on country channel that a base needs supps I do my duty and lend a hand running M-3's. We all do. That is how you play AH.

I dont have a problem with resupplying ammo and such, but resupplying the town should be removed, or at least have the settings changes to make it take more trips. You want to save your base, FIGHT for it! You shouldn't be able to side step that battle by running a few supplies.

This is a game the USE TO have all that stuff. Now all it has is players who avoid any contact with opposing players. NOEs, bailing from buffs, running to ack, resupplying towns instead of defending them.

Read closely here..... Nobody is saying to take away GVing, bombing strats, running missions, or winning the war. All we would like to see is some combat in all that. FIGHT for the base, FIGHT to keep the GV battle going, FIGHT to and from the strats. This is what is slowing disappearing in this game along with more and more players.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:06:33 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2016, 09:06:34 PM »
I play the beta, where Cybro hasn't arrived. Tactics will be the same when it goes live...resupply of bases  will happen and should. I will play the way I want to, not the way anyone else thinks I should.