Author Topic: Pre-release Patch 5 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 14248 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Pre-release Patch 5 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2016, 06:13:41 AM »
Both the TE and the uploader build the terrain without issues now on my FE.

Then I saw you've really improved the wire frame function for land too. Very nice.

Also, I didn't find any sink holes along the beach after the conversion and beach brush application which saved a lot tweaking compared with the past. I don't know for sure but it looks like you've made improvement in that area too.

Looking good from my end so far. I look forward to testing textures in a week or so.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:20:22 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2016, 09:17:08 AM »
Yup, happened to me as well, same card and everything. I also noticed that in film viewer when I go to watch the fights that I had the CTD, Film viewer keeps closing (problem made this prog stop, ) Not even just in the playback but sometimes just clicking on one of those films instantly crashes it

Please post the film is this is the case.
HiTech

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2016, 09:24:23 AM »
DX11 Bugs here please.
:airplane: not sure if I have graphic card confg correctly, but when flying B-17's, the "skin" color appears to be sliding off of the aircraft when turning...I have my shadows off in advance graphic's, but not sure if this might be a "bug"!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2016, 09:30:27 AM »
I am able to drive ground vehicles thru building walls, and large trees.  Did it several times last night, vehicle moves very slowly, but will go thru.

Also had game just go to the start screen, could hear ingame vox and sounds, but was looking at the startup screen. Unable to do anything.  Started task manager, then magically back in the game

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2016, 11:03:42 AM »
Game freezes if I select Achievements on clipboard.  CTL-ALT-DEL to get to task manager but the game crashes.

Also, I didn't notice this before but the runways of medium and large air fields have as much glare as a natural metal aircraft does, or very nearly so.   I'm not sure what material those runways are supposed to be made from but it doesn't seem right to me that there would be that much glare.   

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 11:43:05 AM »
Sudden screen freeze during normal smooth gameplay yesterday evening.  exception code Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          9/9/2016 7:46:49 PM

Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0001a293

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2016, 11:50:36 AM »
I am able to drive ground vehicles thru building walls, and large trees.  Did it several times last night, vehicle moves very slowly, but will go thru.

Also had game just go to the start screen, could hear ingame vox and sounds, but was looking at the startup screen. Unable to do anything.  Started task manager, then magically back in the game

Part of the program helps you get out of stuck positions by sliding your GV around.

Make sure you have up to date video drivers.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
Graphical Bugs
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2016, 12:32:46 PM »
Good afternoon everyone,

I love the new AH3.  So much that it was hard to revert back to AH2 last night for FSO.  Hopefully everyone will be upgrading their PC's to a degree and jumping on board soon.  Anyway, I wanted to raise a few bugs/glitches/issues in the game that I noticed.  Game play-wise, I have absolutely no complaints yet (so far).  I did notice several graphical issues in the game that I will list:

1) High altitude sky texture disappears/reverts to low-resolution.

When you fly up to a certain altitude, I think its somewhere over 20k, there is a 100-foot section of altitude which if you are within, you will notice the sky texture kind of breaks.  You notice a pale blue sky with a hard defined lines separating it from the lower half of the sky and horizon.  It then reverts back to the way it normally looks once you climb/dive above/below that 100-foot altitude level.

2) Visibility layers need fixing

The visibility or simulated fog layers need fixing.  At certain altitudes you can see a definitive cutoff on the side of a mountain where a visibility layer ends.  FSX had this problem too before 3rd party texture software fixed it.  If you are at 20k, and a low-visibility layer cuts off at 18k, you  will see a very noticeable ugly line appear on the horizon, or alongside the mountain.  Anything below that line looks gray.

2) Dawn/Dusk/Night Transition

a. A few things seem broken around sunrise/sun down.  Night time does not appear gradual, it just all of a sudden turns pitch black during a sunset.

b. There is no horizon fading over the water, or sense of decreased visibility on the horizon around this time.  You see a very definitive, aliased line separating the rising moon graphic from the water.  Other than that, the transition periods look fantastic!

3) The shimmering of particles and objects on the ground

a.For some reason, even with AA enabled both in-game AND 8x on nVidia control panel, objects, mostly trees, seem to be shimmering on the ground.  Certain lines still appear aliased such as (cockpit lines, runway outline)

b.There is also another strange graphical issue I noticed.  With HDR Light Bloom enabled within the game settings, I see a very faint,  yet noticeable grid line pattern over areas that are blooming (sun, metallic wing surface shining, etc.)  It looks like a very faint white screen door

Well, that's all I can think of.  The shimmering is the only annoying part of all this and I hope that HTC can fix the textures somehow, or update the graphical code to reduce that somehow (whatever you computer guys do).  Thanks all!  Replies MUCH appreciated!!

-49Alpha  :airplane:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 12:37:46 PM by N95KF »
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2016, 12:33:52 PM »
Freeze during normal gameplay.  Needed to use task manager to end program.  Happened twice so far.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2016, 12:38:02 PM »
Good afternoon everyone,

I love the new AH3.  So much that it was hard to revert back to AH2 last night for FSO.  Hopefully everyone will be upgrading their PC's to a degree and jumping on board soon.  Anyway, I wanted to raise a few bugs/glitches/issues in the game that I noticed.  Game play-wise, I have absolutely no complaints yet (so far).  I did notice several graphical issues in the game that I will list:

1) High altitude sky texture disappears/reverts to low-resolution.

When you fly up to a certain altitude, I think its somewhere over 20k, there is a 100-foot section of altitude which if you are within, you will notice the sky texture kind of breaks.  You notice a pale blue sky with a hard defined lines separating it from the lower half of the sky and horizon.  It then reverts back to the way it normally looks once you climb/dive above/below that 100-foot altitude level.

2) Visibility layers need fixing

The visibility or simulated fog layers need fixing.  At certain altitudes you can see a definitive cutoff on the side of a mountain where a visibility layer ends.  FSX had this problem too before 3rd party texture software fixed it.  If you are at 20k, and a low-visibility layer cuts off at 18k, you  will see a very noticeable ugly line appear on the horizon, or alongside the mountain.  Anything below that line looks gray.

2) Dawn/Dusk/Night Transition

a. A few things seem broken around sunrise/sun down.  Night time does not appear gradual, it just all of a sudden turns pitch black during a sunset.

b. There is no horizon fading over the water, or sense of decreased visibility on the horizon around this time.  You see a very definitive, aliased line separating the rising moon graphic from the water.  Other than that, the transition periods look fantastic!

3) The shimmering of particles and objects on the ground

a.For some reason, even with AA enabled both in-game AND 8x on nVidia control panel, objects, mostly trees, seem to be shimmering on the ground.  Certain lines still appear aliased such as (cockpit lines, runway outline)

b.There is also another strange graphical issue I noticed.  With HDR Light Bloom enabled within the game settings, I see a very faint,  yet noticeable grid line pattern over areas that are blooming (sun, metallic wing surface shining, etc.)  It looks like a very faint white screen door

Well, that's all I can think of.  The shimmering is the only annoying part of all this and I hope that HTC can fix the textures somehow, or update the graphical code to reduce that somehow (whatever you computer guys do).  Thanks all!  Replies MUCH appreciated!!

-49Alpha  :airplane:
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2016, 01:51:09 PM »
The second hand of the tower clock runs a full circle in mere seconds, Melee A19.

I didn't know eutrophication was such a problem during WW1 as the image shows. That's the lake near the default field, the river was in the same state:

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2016, 02:02:55 PM »
Seems tank cannon shells detonate in what appears feet from palm tree fronds.

The trees shedding leaves when hit with .30/.50 cal is cool, but shouldn't the bullets
continue on their path after hitting leaves ?  20 round burst and no tracers/bullets
seemed to exit the foilage.  I can attest even an M16 rock-n-roll burst thru jungle foilage
may deflect or stop a few rounds, but not the entire magazine, much less a ma-deuce.

If auto-ack can fire through foilage, why can't the tanks return fire go through the same area ?
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2016, 02:10:05 PM »
Arena Settings:
When loading Offline Tables, it's failing to read hex values in the .var table.

I was unable to create a new host table today. I won't be able to thoroughly check what works and doesn't work in there today.

Edit for Suggestion -
When uploading the offline tables, they might load faster if the fields aren't display for each vehicle. Just display the vehicle number.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 02:25:08 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2016, 02:30:00 PM »
Flying on final just before crossing the wire, I can drag my gear through the tree tops and not take damage.

While driving through landscape with villages and trees recently, while on zoom, shadows are black bars slanted in response to the sun source. Off zoom they are normal shadows.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2016, 03:59:53 PM »
Still difficult to see incoming Tank Cannon rounds. Makes it real tough to see where your enemy is.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76