Author Topic: Pre-release Patch 5 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 13742 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Pre-release Patch 5 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2016, 10:23:08 PM »
I'm talking about the head position origin. Point-of-view coordinate.

Try the F4U-1A. The furthest back you can set your viewpoint lets you just barely see the top of the gauges. An extra 26 degrees that close to the dash won't improve things much. You can shift the viewpoint  forward til your chin is literally on top of the gun sight. That doesn't seem right. That's not a FoV issue - it actually feels like the "back" limit should be the "front limit" because that's the furthest I remember being able to push the viewpoint ahead in the Hawg.

Sounds like you reset the default view so it's not tilted down to see the instruments. Set FOV to 106 and it will look like AH2.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2016, 10:47:53 PM »
Sounds like you reset the default view so it's not tilted down to see the instruments. Set FOV to 106 and it will look like AH2.

I even cleared out the plane defaults - so it wasn't anything I did per se. But  you're right. 106 deg fixes it. That's gonna throw other people coming back to the game too.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2016, 10:48:47 PM »
Here's a screenshot of the text alignment bug in VR. If the text block is raised to center it is even. If you move it up then the middle line skews one way and if you move it down it skews the other way as shown in the pic.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2016, 10:52:45 PM »
I even cleared out the plane defaults - so it wasn't anything I did per se. But  you're right. 106 deg fixes it. That's gonna throw other people coming back to the game too.

Clearing the defaults is what reset the view so you don't see the instruments at 80 FOV. The default views are all optimized for 80 so new players don't have to set the views themselves. When they look back they see more than the headrest. Old players coming back can easily set the FOV to their old preference.

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Graphical Bugs
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2016, 11:13:14 PM »
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2016, 11:27:27 PM »
Most of this is minor stuff, some of which I'm sure has been reported. I didn't have much time to mess around. Overall this is stunning - the skydome makes a huge difference in the look of the game.

- The field gun selection in the hangar for some fields is upside down. Seems like the big fields mainly, but I didn't go into too much detail. But every time I tried to use a gun on a big field in the arena the gun selector was upside down.

- Some planes don't seem to have much room for adjustment in head position - Fw and F4U are the two I noticed right away - your face is right in the glass almost and you can't move back much at all.

- In order to keep 60fps I had to turn off shadows and reflections (reflections only cost 1-2 fps, actually, shadows was the big eater-of-frames). But that makes the interior of the hanger a real mess. The specularity you have set on the planes assumes there's a shadow and reflection - same with the area of the floor which shows time-of-flight for fuel load. Both of these get washed out with those gfx features disabled. I'm sure you'll optimize shadows before release, but its worth noting this side-effect.

- I like the new HUD, but why not allow us to put stuff in the top-left corner as well. With the new head positions I can't see ammo or compass on half the planes I like to fly anymore. But if these could be in the top-left corner of the HUD it'd be cool.

- The game starts in Windowed mode - which on my Win-10 box yields a white-screen until I alt-return. It may cut down on your customer support hassles to have the desktop icon launch in a different mode.

My only real concern for this is the same concern I have had for AH2 (and you can tell me to shove it and I won't mind): this is the best combat flight sim on the market, but it seems like the majority of people are in tanks or trying to kill tanks. There are other tank simulators out there, there isn't another combat flight sim out there that can touch AH. It seems like a shame to see 120 people in the arena and there's hardly any friendly or enemy bars anywhere on the map.

-DoK

DoK I had same problem with gunsite to close.  Try changing your FOV setting selection graphics on FIRST clipboard before entering the game.  The second clipboard allows you to select arena and adjust more graphic details.

DUH just noticed previous posts.  Disregard.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 11:29:30 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2016, 11:38:16 PM »
Still no time to thoroughly test the arena tables but Jaeger and I did a bit tonight.
Preliminary findings for arena tables:
The default tables must be loaded before you can create a new table. No joy if an existing table loads with the terrain or you manually load one.
The feedback dialogs tell you a new table couldn't be created when it did create a table, and in another instance, a table couldn't be deleted when in fact, jaeger deleted the table.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2016, 12:35:25 AM »

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2016, 12:39:52 AM »
Clearing the defaults is what reset the view so you don't see the instruments at 80 FOV. The default views are all optimized for 80 so new players don't have to set the views themselves. When they look back they see more than the headrest. Old players coming back can easily set the FOV to their old preference.

OK. I guess. Still sounds like if you're coming back to the game and it imports your old pref's you'll have this issue. But as long as it's written up someplace experienced players will figure it out soon enough.

Again ... these are minor nits ... but the more seamless it is for people coming back the better.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2016, 01:30:47 AM »
Any chance of an option to disable just tree shadows? The big tree FPS hit is partly from that.

Finally sorted out resetting the head position files - now I see what you mean. The IL2 I think is still off. Even with everything cleared out and reset to 80deg it's not showing gauges.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 01:47:39 AM by DoKGonZo »

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2016, 07:52:37 AM »
A really weird thing happened with two sets of bombers.  Killed one in the high set of B-17s, then dropped down to get the lower He111s.  The weird part is that one of the drones in formation with the He111s was a B-17.  Ended up killing the B-17 drone while the lead bomber was thousands of feet above.   :rolleyes:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Max

• Platinum Member

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2016, 09:25:29 AM »
Mine was already off and I still had shimmering gauges.

So I figured out to view your film (did I mention I was a noob here?), and no shimmering on my end in the film.
Does it shimmer in your film?  Just curious...here is a recording of your recording playing back....(did we enter the matrix here?).

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2016, 10:16:35 AM »
Finally sorted out resetting the head position files - now I see what you mean. The IL2 I think is still off. Even with everything cleared out and reset to 80deg it's not showing gauges.

My mistake. Looks like I forgot to include it when I zipped up the files to send to HTC. Here's a new one.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2016, 10:26:09 AM »
no it didn't shimmer in my film either. However, if you move yourself back a bit more than what you have in the video above you can see the same effect in the shadows on the control panel just below the throttles.