Author Topic: For Condor and Co.: Offlline gunnery training terrain.  (Read 1618 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
For Condor and Co.: Offlline gunnery training terrain.
« on: September 20, 2016, 03:47:20 PM »
This is an "Offline Only" gunnery training terrain.

There is only a single country with all objects set so you can blow them up or destroy them.

NOTE: All of the tanks that I set down on this terrain are defined as "structures" so you cannot destroy them with AP ammo. HE, bombs and rockets will. When you hit them with your AP ammo the hit animation is very distinct as your feed back at any range. Hitech created it this way and when I spoke to him during the alpha\beta period he was not going to change it.

Features List

1. - 2 tank gunnery firing ranges with spawn to the firing line, 4 mile and 4000yd. There is also a 17lb and 88mm manned gun on each firing line. There are spawns to high points above each range to practice long range sniping.
2. - A 4000ft mesa over the airfield with a GV spawn that the drones fly within 800yds of the spawn point. A 37mm and 88m have been set there to practice with.
3. - A tank town object with three villages and farm land attached to it with GV spawns. About (200+) tanks are set everywhere so you can practice seeing them. A tank town map is added to your drop down maps.
4. - The town and 1 mile of farmland attached to the airfield has tanks in and around it with spawns to practice seeing the tanks.
5. - Three task groups a running to practice ship to ship, ship to planes, and shore batteries to practice shore to ship. One task group is running in a constantly turning path to practice bombing against.
6. - There are 5 bomber air spawns. 15,000ft at 15 miles out to setup for level bombing a target made up of hangers at the end of the 4 mile tank range. 5,000ft for low level practice with the B25H and A20. Three 1,250ft near the paths of two of the task groups to practice torpedo bombing.
7. - There are 2 fighter air spawns. 7,000ft to place your fighter 3k above the drones and 12,000ft near the CV groups to practice bombing the CV and Cruiser. I have gotten really tired of the time spent taking off and climbing to practice bombing.
8. - There are 7 PT spawns into the paths of the task groups.
9. - There are several additional 37mm and 88mm to practice shooting at the drones over the airfield.

The install file is a 7zip self extractor file, place it in the Aces High III folder and execute it: C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III

Download===>> http://sabercathost.com/15eR/gunnery4.exe

This is a straight zip file, it will extract and create a folder called "gunnery" with all of the folders and files under it. You will have to copy everything by hand to the proper game folders.

ah3terr - 2 files (gunnery.res, gunnery.dod) copy to---> c:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\ah3terr
chconfig - 1 folder (gunnery) copy to---> c:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\chconfig
maps - 2 files (TankTown.bmp, gunnery.lst) copy tp--->c:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\maps

Download===>> http://sabercathost.com/15eQ/gunnery.zip

When the tower first appears your clipboard map will show this.

To set all of the things besides drones you will want to destroy to a 5 minute down time. On the clip board click Options, Arena Setup, choose Objects then Object Settings and click on load. I placed an object settings control file for this terrain in the install. You will have to repeat this every time you use this terrain unless some else knows a way to make these setting permanent.

Here is a overview showing the relationship of the spawns to the terrain.

Some aerial views.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
Re: For Condor and Co.: Offlline gunnery training terrain.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 03:55:20 PM »
Thanks for responding to the personal request.  :salute  I suspect there will be some others with some interest as well.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 06:39:59 PM »
Eset came back with a threat warning and terminated connection??
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 07:03:26 PM »
Tested download on both files with a manual Avast scan. No viruses or anything added by the host.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 06:13:54 AM »
Maybe HTC could add this to their download page for training.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 07:39:38 AM »
My Eset didn't get any hits off of it. I did get a false report that the file might have been moved, but a retry got it downloaded.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 09:36:57 AM »
My AV blocked the page. Can't download.  :(

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 10:40:30 AM »
Bustr: If you havn't , also upload the terrain to the host so people can download with the game.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 04:32:00 PM »
My apologies Hitech, I've never been told this before, how do I do it??
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 04:34:54 PM »
Step 1, in the terrain editor use the check for errors in the File Menu.

Step 2, Run the ahuploader (is in the menu) select the oba file (note it can do either mis or oba)  , click the Upload Terrain box your user name and password (may already be there) and press ok.

If you make changes later simply repeat and the server automatically does version control.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 04:44:13 PM »
Will the gunnery.var file be included from my \\localhost\chconfig\gunnery folder? Other wise the vehicle spawns and other settings will not work correctly since I have the spawns set at "0" to standardize spawning at the same points on the firing lines and in the middle of roads in the tank town object and villages. And I've set views to maximum range for everything along with changes in the haze alt and range.

I think the gunnery.dod file people will forgive me if I make them download it and copy it into the ah3terr dir but, the var file is the heart of why the terrain works for gunnery practice.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 04:49:44 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 05:05:18 PM »
Ran error checker, seems I have to add knight and rook lands with minimum required fields and other issues related to my leaving out most things needed for a complete MA style terrain. And a road resupply system and strats to boot. I only built this thing so players could use it "offline only" to hone their skills alone without being fired back at or having to spend anymore time than pressing a button to get back at what they wanted to shoot at or bomb.

Does anyone have a free file host which doesn't throw false positives with half the antivirus and malware apps being used by players. I changed to Sabercat from Zippyshare because of it's good reviews as a file host service for 2016. Half the file host services players have made files available in the forums have caused the antivirus I've used over the years to throw false positives. Zip file self extractors packaged as an exe drive about half the antivirus apps nutz. That is why I included a simple zip file and instructions to move the files by hand.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:07:25 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 05:16:58 PM »
Does anyone have a free file host which doesn't throw false positives with half the antivirus and malware apps being used by players. I changed to Sabercat from Zippyshare because of it's good reviews as a file host service for 2016. Half the file host services players have made files available in the forums have caused the antivirus I've used over the years to throw false positives. Zip file self extractors packaged as an exe drive about half the antivirus apps nutz. That is why I included a simple zip file and instructions to move the files by hand.

I recommend setting up a Google Drive. You get 15GB free and even to upgrade to 100GB is only $1.99 a month (1TB for $9.99 a month). I use Google Drive for my squadron when using large files instead of going through our website.

Google drive allows you to access your files anywhere you have internet including apps for phones. It also scans files (up to a certain size) for viruses. You can choose how you share your files, whether to specific people or a link to it that you can turn on and off. Highly recommend.

https://www.google.com/drive/
https://www.google.com/settings/storage
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:25:14 PM by BowHTR »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 05:32:51 PM »
Seems my smart phone already had this setup. Thank you for your help.

From my Google Drive Host.

Here is the 7zip self extractor file again, I scanned it before upload so past this point if Google is playing games with false positives I don't know what to do.

7zip self extractor download ===>  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwrokXEXneUQY0NidDVQSEhpbFE/view?usp=sharing

Simple zip file instructions are at the top of the post to where files go. ===> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwrokXEXneUQcUZ0S1MzUml5NlE
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 01:07:58 AM »
I got it and it looks great  :aok  You sure hid a lot of tanks in the trees. I did run into a couple of issues. If I spawned and then ended the sortie I couldn't spawn again. I had to exit and then choose the terrain again before I could spawn, This occurred every time. Not the end of the world but a little inconvenient. Just wondering if others are having the same issue.

Thanks for all the work you put into this. :salute