Author Topic: Need More Bombers  (Read 2634 times)

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
Re: Need More Bombers
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2016, 10:51:24 AM »
Alright, Alright....I'll start flying bombers! <S> :banana: :banana: :banana:

OOOOOHHHHH H  NOOOOOOOOOO you already killed me enough in those things, LOL
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2016, 11:04:09 AM »
Most people play this game for air combat. FSO proves that. Tanks are a great addition to the game. They provide support and suppression. I don't think tanks should be hi-lighted more than the air combat aspect. That's why I think TTs are a great destructor. Closer bases would fix all of that. The other thing about this game is it takes time. Time is a benefactor. It could take 35-45 minutes to do a bomb run. Most people simply want to utilize that time in a more rapid quick fight time. Bombing is a great part of the game, but a good majority just want fast action. Really and truely, you just have to play the way you want and forget about winning the war. Most of the time, I'll only try to win the win the war if I dislike the map.

Personally I hope that more players do roll bombers as there will be more to shoot at ;)

PS: Tu-2s and B26s are dirty
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2016, 11:18:06 AM »
Most people play this game for air combat. FSO proves that.

Most players don't play FSO.  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2016, 11:22:38 AM »
Perhaps you didn't see the #s on Friday night this FSO: 187-67 in MA. What I am implying is that the aircombat aspect to the game is still what attracts the most people.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2016, 11:27:16 AM »
Perhaps you didn't see the #s on Friday night this FSO: 187-67 in MA.

I see the monthly numbers. Last tour FSO had 213, 199, 210 pilots in its three frames, mostly the same ones in all of them.
AH had over 1500 pilots playing in the LW MA last our. So no, most players do not play FSO.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2016, 12:47:49 PM »
I agree to the idea of more bomber pilots. We need more players. Recruit people you know to start playing the game.

I posted in FSO forum for FSO recruitment.  Just like for Main Arena, the game needs more people.  Get the arenas back to 400 + and the non-stop action along all frontlines and deep penetration missions.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2016, 12:57:39 PM »
I see the monthly numbers. Last tour FSO had 213, 199, 210 pilots in its three frames, mostly the same ones in all of them.
AH had over 1500 pilots playing in the LW MA last our. So no, most players do not play FSO.

I think comparing #s on the same night is a better relationship. 3 nights vs 30 isn't that fair. If most of these players and squads played in the MA on a normal basis, (which a lot still do),  the #s would be higher per day.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2016, 01:25:35 PM »
I think comparing #s on the same night is a better relationship. 3 nights vs 30 isn't that fair.

Fair? The statement of mine was simply "Most players do not play FSO". I don't know how anything like fairness comes into play now. It's just a single factual statement about participation. Something like 200-300 players play FSO on a regular base, which makes them a minority. (And thus possibly a bad example for what the players in the MA 'really wan't').
That's all.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2016, 01:43:15 PM »
Alright, Alright....I'll start flying bombers! <S> :banana: :banana: :banana:

You used up your 857th post on that?   :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2016, 01:57:47 PM »
There are many players that would like to win a war once in awhile. It would be very nice if players would fly more bombers to help the war effort. I am getting tired of being one of the few work horses in aces high 3. The player population is at a point where victory is not possible without all taking the time to bomb strats and towns. I realy would appreciate it if players would do one strat raid before fur balling the rest of the day. Back in the dark ages I was able to fur ball and also take bases because of the player numbers. My desire to win a map is stronger than fur balling and spawn camping. I am asking for a little more bombing and a little less fur and camp. Just taking 1 hour of your game time in a bomber would help balance the maps. Thank you and if you need tips on how to be a god in bombers just ask.

then you might want to talk to your fellow rook countrymen about getting more rook players to log on more--rooks almost always have the lowest numbers logged on-not to mention Rooks being afraid to fight bish..bish can have 25% of the rook bases and they still just attack Knights who may have only 10 or 15% or less rook bases.
and pfff the 49'ers don't care about helping their rook countrymen they are just out for themselves--they need to work with other rooks to takes bases and try to when a war-but they won't.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2016, 02:02:59 PM »
I have no idea who wins a map the most. I don't care about the map. I care about the fights.
[/quote

the bish do
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2016, 02:13:07 PM »
Most players don't play FSO.  ;)

Friday the 9th,when I logged on, FSO had a little over 200 players in it-melee arena about68
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 02:16:28 PM by lunatic1 »

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2016, 02:14:57 PM »
then you might want to talk to your fellow rook countrymen about getting more rook players to log on more--rooks almost always have the lowest numbers logged on-not to mention Rooks being afraid to fight bish..bish can have 25% of the rook bases and they still just attack Knights who may have only 10 or 15% or less rook bases.
and pfff the 49'ers don't care about helping their rook countrymen they are just out for themselves--they need to work with other rooks to takes bases and try to when a war-but they won't.

We fly fighter sweeps all the time to aid the war effort. I often run troops and supplies, take down ords, bomb hangars, and do what is needed when asked. Sometimes I do other stuff too. Your statement is not even close to the truth.
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2016, 02:15:13 PM »
Most people play this game for air combat. FSO proves that. Tanks are a great addition to the game. They provide support and suppression. I don't think tanks should be hi-lighted more than the air combat aspect. That's why I think TTs are a great destructor. Closer bases would fix all of that. The other thing about this game is it takes time. Time is a benefactor. It could take 35-45 minutes to do a bomb run. Most people simply want to utilize that time in a more rapid quick fight time. Bombing is a great part of the game, but a good majority just want fast action. Really and truely, you just have to play the way you want and forget about winning the war. Most of the time, I'll only try to win the win the war if I dislike the map.

Personally I hope that more players do roll bombers as there will be more to shoot at ;)

PS: Tu-2s and B26s are dirty

PS: Tu-2s and B26s are dirty- I prefer b-24's 2 more engines and a belly turret

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2016, 02:35:10 PM »
We fly fighter sweeps all the time to aid the war effort. I often run troops and supplies, take down ords, bomb hangars, and do what is needed when asked. Sometimes I do other stuff too. Your statement is not even close to the truth.

and do what is needed when asked. Sometimes I do other stuff too. Your statement is not even close to the truth.
they shouldn't have to ask.
President Kennedy once said, and I quote what can you do for your country and not what can your country do for you. you should ask your fellow Rooks where you can help. instead of doing stupid things like doing storch raids and such.

Your statement is not even close to the truth.
I think my statement hits the nail on the head. I see it all the time.. most of the time the only bish bases that are flashing is the ones we knights are hitting. sometimes maybe 1 or 2 bish bases flashing, even then most of the rooks are scattered trying to fight knights when the should be fights bish--but that's just me-a lot of times Knights do the same dam thing