Author Topic: Skins without nose art  (Read 4186 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Skins without nose art
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 12:34:24 PM »
Traveler.

Google it.  The laws of different countries are all over the place.  Some ban it completely.  Some ban it except for historical accounts.  Some allow it in historic films.  Some allow it as art.

Why would you, as the owner of this game get involved in this quagmire?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 12:46:14 PM »
Traveler.

Google it.  The laws of different countries are all over the place.  Some ban it completely.  Some ban it except for historical accounts.  Some allow it in historic films.  Some allow it as art.

Why would you, as the owner of this game get involved in this quagmire?

Zoney, you didn't read any of my other posting, I did post every country that has a restrive law, and each county has an exception for computer games.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 12:58:53 PM »
You didn't read my post.  The laws are a quagmire, that is ever changing obviously.  It's just not worth it.  If the laws become more restrictive do you then redo all the artwork.  How about the fact that it is offensive to some, maybe to many or most.  It's politics more than it is history.  It just isn't worth it.  Move on.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 01:12:32 PM »
You didn't read my post.  The laws are a quagmire, that is ever changing obviously.  It's just not worth it.  If the laws become more restrictive do you then redo all the artwork.  How about the fact that it is offensive to some, maybe to many or most.  It's politics more than it is history.  It just isn't worth it.  Move on.

I did read your post.  The laws concerning the subject of discussion are very exact and precise, your opinion notwithstanding.  According to your approach one should never do anything artistic because a law might change.   Of the 18 countries that had restrictive laws governing the Nazi flag and SS uniform passed those laws in 1945 and all  were amended to allow for historical use in films and Computer Games.   

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 01:33:00 PM »
That's great. 

There is no one law covering this worldwide.  The laws from different countries are a quagmire.

But hey, it's your lucky day.  Even though I am absolutely not convinced we need the swastica in the game, it does not matter.  It is HiTech's opinion that matters, not mine.

Frankly, I'm sorry I responded at all.  I'm out of this subject.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 01:47:23 PM »
I've seen threads go off track before, but never this quickly.  :rolleyes:
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 02:33:53 PM »
 :rolleyes:
Kommando Nowotny

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 03:43:33 PM »
This is not true; none of the German skins are historically accurate. They are an approximation of what HTC feels is appropriate.

My statement was sufficiently accurate.   :D

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 04:05:25 PM »
My statement was sufficiently accurate.   :D
In conveying what information?  Let’s look at your statement:
All skins are historical skins. They can't be modified for online use unless it's to another historically accurate skin which then needs to be submitted, approved, and added to the collection.

You may want to consider squad nose art that works with your preferred skin.

The statement is not adequate it does not address the German skins.   All skins leads the reader to believe that your statement includes the German Skins.  If the Reader was to submit an accurate German skin it would be rejected.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 04:09:55 PM »
In conveying what information?  Let’s look at your statement:
The statement is not adequate it does not address the German skins.   All skins leads the reader to believe that your statement includes the German Skins.  If the Reader was to submit an accurate German skin it would be rejected.

Let's look at what the OP is flying.

A P-38L.

End of discussion.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2017, 10:54:12 AM »
I understand the business decision made by Hitech, but the skins on German aircraft are not historically accurate.

Is it s a business decision to not risk violating the laws of any given country?  I am not sure if choosing to avoid the risk of breaking the law qualifies as a pure business decision.

The laws change all the time and to have to shut down players accounts because one country changes the law is not acceptable.  To have out game banned is not acceptable.  Until our lawyers tell us it is free to be displayed everywhere in the world, without consequence, it would be only prudent to not allow it in the game.

Until that time, it is correct to state the German skins, in the game, are historically accurate, excepting those who had the German swastika originally displayed.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 11:16:21 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2017, 10:04:25 PM »
Is it s a business decision to not risk violating the laws of any given country?  I am not sure if choosing to avoid the risk of breaking the law qualifies as a pure business decision.

The laws change all the time and to have to shut down players accounts because one country changes the law is not acceptable.  To have out game banned is not acceptable.  Until our lawyers tell us it is free to be displayed everywhere in the world, without consequence, it would be only prudent to not allow it in the game.

Until that time, it is correct to state the German skins, in the game, are historically accurate, excepting those who had the German swastika originally displayed.
Yes, the laws change all the time, with respect to the German swastika it has happen once since 1945,  they were changed to allow for films and computer games.   there is only one restrictive country now, and it bands the use of the red star, which HTC does allow on the USSR aircraft, so much for the law.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2017, 09:06:59 AM »
What legal source are you getting that information from?

To the best of our knowledge, Russia has been banning specific companies for using the red star.  That is quite different from a law prohibiting the display of the red star.

If it indeed illegal, then we will remove all of the skins from the game displaying it. but I am not going to just take your word for it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 09:10:40 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2017, 09:31:39 AM »
What legal source are you getting that information from?

To the best of our knowledge, Russia has been banning specific companies for using the red star.  That is quite different from a law prohibiting the display of the red star.

If it indeed illegal, then we will remove all of the skins from the game displaying it. but I am not going to just take your word for it.
The United Nations Law Library, it isn't illegal any more as of 2010 or so, every country that had laws prohibing any of these sysbols altered the laws to allow for film production and computer gaming. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 09:35:05 AM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2017, 09:46:05 AM »
I cannot find anything.  Does not meant there is nothing there.  Care to share a link?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese