Author Topic: Is topgun 2 really Is it really In the works?  (Read 3907 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Re: Is topgun 2 really Is it really In the works?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 02:03:29 PM »
Probably will feature the F-35 in a war against the EVIL  _Fill In The Blank_  enemy,  killing the 4.5 Gen enemy in a very methodical, BVR boring fashion while Top Gun commander Maverick argues against the pending shutdown of his fighter pilot ACM academy.

Then...suddenly....all the whiz-bang satellites get shot down and a virus infects all the military computers. The F-35s are dropping like flies from attacks by 3rd Gen fighters from the EVIL  _Fill In The Blank_  enemy. Mav and his gang of TG students zip down to Davis-Monthan and get a 4 ship of Tomcats out of the boneyard.

Made combat ready in the blink of an eye by a crusty old maintenance Chief (who just happens to be a totally knockout Babe that works in a wife-beater T-shirt) and modified with duct tape, baling wire and lamp cord so that these TCs can fire the latest IRST missiles, Mav and the boys takeoff and decimate the opposition, forcing them to surrender and saving the world.

Mav gets promoted to Admiral and marries his transgender wingman, formerly known as Tommy, not that there's anything unusual about that at all. (Tommy changed zer name to Teresa and also just happens to be a totally knockout Babe that spent all her scenes out of the cockpit lounging in a small bikini.) The End.

Only you Toad only you (shakes head and laughs)
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 02:13:48 PM »
Well, that's Hollyrock today man.
We have to pay obeisance to important social issues in every Hollyrock re-run, even TG2.

Is that necessarily a bad thing? It's actually a fairly accurate depiction of the service at the moment. There ARE lesbian crew chiefs, and metrosexual pilots, and transgendered service members...

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 02:17:22 PM »
Why does reality have to be reflected in a fantasy film? :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 02:19:45 PM »
I guess I just don't care to have the latest fad in PC societal mores shoved down my throat on a non-stop basis. Additionally, the portrayal of a tiny minority population as an overwhelming majority irks me.

Can't we just have nice things without all the Big Brother messaging?

I'm an old fahrt, I admit.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 02:20:26 PM »
Why does reality have to be reflected in a fantasy film? :)

Now, I might be crazy (And in all honesty, I DO recognize that I'm fairly unique in this respect) I find in most movies that don't start on the premise that they're absolute absurdity, I tend to enjoy movies the closer they are too reality. I tend to get bothered by things that are close approximations but overlook glaring things.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 02:21:24 PM »
I guess I just don't care to have the latest fad in PC societal mores shoved down my throat on a non-stop basis.

Can't we just have nice things without all the Big Brother messaging?

I'm an old fahrt, I admit.

Why does that have to be big brother messaging? These are things that exist, that are real and are part of Naval Aviation. It's not a question of societal mores shoved down your throat, if you go to a Strike Fighter base tomorrow, you WILL see these things.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 02:22:57 PM »
Now, I might be crazy (And in all honesty, I DO recognize that I'm fairly unique in this respect) I find in most movies that don't start on the premise that they're absolute absurdity, I tend to enjoy movies the closer they are too reality. I tend to get bothered by things that are close approximations but overlook glaring things.

You see, your idea of absurd and mine are very different.  I want to be distracted from reality, when I go to a movie, otherwise, I'll just stay at home.

You must really hate the "Guardians of the Universe" films. :)  I mean,....a raccoon flying a space ship?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 02:27:32 PM »
if you go to a Strike Fighter base tomorrow, you WILL see these things.

Maybe so but I'm willing to bet these things don't constitute the majority. In fact, I'll wager they represent a very, very small percentage similar to what you find in the general population.

Hollyrock attempts to make these things the dominant culture in society which is indeed fantasy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2017, 02:28:40 PM »
You see, your idea of absurd and mine are very different.  I want to be distracted from reality, when I go to a movie, otherwise, I'll just stay at home.

You must really hate the "Guardians of the Universe" films. :)  I mean,....a raccoon flying a space ship?

I file those under "The movie started under the premise that it's absurd, so it's okay".

I can enjoy films like Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars, and Ted because they begin under the premise of absurdity and embrace that. Movies like Fast and Furious 28 are physically painful to watch however.

Maybe so but I'm willing to bet these things don't constitute the majority. In fact, I'll wager they represent a very, very small percentage similar to what you find in the general population.

Hollyrock attempts to make these things the dominant culture in society which is indeed fantasy.

And so one individual in a movie constitutes trying to force a majority?

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2017, 02:30:47 PM »
Movies like Fast and Furious 28 are physically painful to watch however.

Not as bad as Biker boys.  Nothing is as bad as biker boys.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 02:31:21 PM »
Not as bad as Biker boys.  Nothing is as bad as biker boys.

lol I can honestly say I've never even heard of that one.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 02:34:13 PM »
I file those under "The movie started under the premise that it's absurd, so it's okay".

I can enjoy films like Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars, and Ted because they begin under the premise of absurdity and embrace that. Movies like Fast and Furious 28 are physically painful to watch however.

I enjoyed both Guardians films.  I have to say, Disney finally found a part Vin Diesel is very good at. :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2017, 02:37:56 PM »
I enjoyed both Guardians films.  I have to say, Disney finally found a part Vin Diesel is very good at. :)

I enjoyed the first, and partly because of the soundtrack lol. I haven't seen the second yet.

But, for the subject at hand, as long as they're not turning characters from the original gay, etc., I don't see the inclusion of such things as a problem.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2017, 03:06:31 PM »
Topgun 2? Haven't even seen the first one yet  :rofl
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2017, 03:17:13 PM »
Will probably be something like Stealth from 2005. Entertaining if you shut down the military part of your brain and just accept it for what it is: An action flick.

https://youtu.be/YPfqODwT9C0

No gods or kings. Only Predator.