Author Topic: RPS + perks in one proposal  (Read 11663 times)

Offline RedBeard

• Copper Member
Re: RPS + perks in one proposal
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2017, 12:32:27 PM »
I'm not sure I understand why you want these changes.

Removing troops and only using tanks doesn't really change the game play other than to remove the necessity of cooperation from C-47/M3/... troop carrying vehicles.  It takes a more or less realistic aspect of the game and turns it into a stand on this spot until the timer expires video game mechanic.

I can kind of understand wanting more density to vehicle bases (maybe not bases per se, but occupied territory), but I don't think the player numbers would support that.  However, it would make for interesting front line battle of the bulge counter plays.  If a supply line mechanic was built into this, then it might be interesting.

I'm opposed to sortie limits on fields without resupply unless a full resource management system is put in place.  I would really like to see that to put more emphasis on interdiction missions.  The closest we have to that now is strategic bombing of factories.  It would be very cool to allow rail, bridge, and road lines to be cut to prevent resupply, causing an impact to what forces a military can use.

Less reliance on planes is a bad idea for a flight sim.  CAS is more of a desire thing.  Anyone can fly CAS missions today.  I regularly load up a Mossy and go tank plinking, but it's not something everyone enjoys.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2017, 12:40:55 PM »
owever, it would make for interesting front line battle of the bulge counter plays.  If a supply line mechanic was built into this, then it might be interesting.

Man, you just sparked my imagination.... i'm not sure this forum is ready for this... lol

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »
RPS has been tried and died.  See past evolutions in the AVA. Tying perks to RPS befuddles me.  Especially when you are talking about wiping the perk slate clean for those who have earned them by playing the game.  Still a -1 from this long term subscriber. 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2017, 01:53:07 PM »
NUGETX

Thank you very much for your interest in the game and you ideas.

Unfortunately at this time, I am in favor of absolutely nothing you have suggested so far.  Sometimes an idea just does not work out.  There are unintended consequences to everything and in my opinion your ideas will negatively affect gameplay.

I, for one, know what you are saying, I understand what your suggestions are but again, I do not agree with them.  At this point I feel you are trying way to hard to sell us on your suggestions, you are having to defend them way to much.  If they were are of more value, you wouldn't have to push them so hard.

In my opinion you should let this go at this point and move on.

Thank you
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2017, 01:57:43 PM »
RPS has been tried and died.  See past evolutions in the AVA. Tying perks to RPS befuddles me.  Especially when you are talking about wiping the perk slate clean for those who have earned them by playing the game.  Still a -1 from this long term subscriber. 
Yeah, I put that one up.  I had Skuzzy delete everyone's perks in the AvA (there was quite the uproar over that one) and the idea was to set small perk amounts for more advanced variants of the aircraft. 

The concept worked - but the amount of effort required outweighed the benefits. The arena's aren't setup to allow perk points reset and then adjusted by an admin. I do know that in the Early and Mid war arena's, they did offer some perk points for the more advanced rides.

For example, we had all 1939 variants of aircraft free, and then have growing # of perk point amounts for the later rides. I.e. Spit I is free, Spit MkII 2, Spit V 3, Spit IX 5 - I think though we only offed 3 years - like 1939-42.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 01:59:25 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2017, 02:08:53 PM »
NUGETX

Thank you very much for your interest in the game and you ideas.

Unfortunately at this time, I am in favor of absolutely nothing you have suggested so far.  Sometimes an idea just does not work out.  There are unintended consequences to everything and in my opinion your ideas will negatively affect gameplay.

I, for one, know what you are saying, I understand what your suggestions are but again, I do not agree with them.  At this point I feel you are trying way to hard to sell us on your suggestions, you are having to defend them way to much.  If they were are of more value, you wouldn't have to push them so hard.

In my opinion you should let this go at this point and move on.

Thank you

I concur.

Nugetx: Please understand I have been creating online flight sims for 22 years. Feel free to post your ideas, but rest assured trying to CONVINCE me your idea is good because ..... (insert your reasons here), is a futile endeavor. If ideas are worth pursing I either do, or respond with detail questions.

See this thread as an example of ideas I liked and implemented.

A while ago a returning player gave a fairly harsh critique of AH3, saying among other things that the graphics or colors were visually assaulting.  That stuck with me, and I believe one of the things he could have been referring to is the clipboard map:
(Image removed from quote.)

For kicks, I made an attempt at reducing the clutter and busyness of the map above.  I reduced the saturation and opacity of the land layer, changed the ocean color to be more consistent with a typical physical map, with coastal shallows depicted as a lighter shade of blue.  I reduced the color saturation and size of all the map icons and removed the chess piece graphic because it has such a DOS-character set look to it and its redundant anyway; the color of the icon being an indication of the owning country.  Radar coverage areas are shown shaded now rather that white circles.   I chose a simple sans serif font for a cleaner look, and the labels are more tightly placed to the icons.

The map below shows all of the the same information displayed on the original above, it's the same scale and area shown.   The reduction in icon and label font size think helped the readability a lot:

I guess my wish would be for a more map-like clipboard map, with a less cluttered look.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2017, 02:09:18 PM »
Yeah, I put that one up.  I had Skuzzy delete everyone's perks in the AvA (there was quite the uproar over that one) and the idea was to set small perk amounts for more advanced variants of the aircraft. 

The concept worked - but the amount of effort required outweighed the benefits. The arena's aren't setup to allow perk points reset and then adjusted by an admin. I do know that in the Early and Mid war arena's, they did offer some perk points for the more advanced rides.

For example, we had all 1939 variants of aircraft free, and then have growing # of perk point amounts for the later rides. I.e. Spit I is free, Spit MkII 2, Spit V 3, Spit IX 5 - I think though we only offed 3 years - like 1939-42.
Fork I have nothing but mad respect for what the fellas in the AVA do, please do not take it as disrespect.  This fella is gone beyond whooping a dead horse.  He's beating the earth where the dead horse used to be.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2017, 03:10:59 PM »

Fork I have nothing but mad respect for what the fellas in the AVA do, please do not take it as disrespect.  This fella is gone beyond whooping a dead horse.  He's beating the earth where the dead horse used to be.
:aok
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2017, 05:41:07 AM »
Feel free to post your ideas, but rest assured trying to CONVINCE me your idea is good because ..... (insert your reasons here), is a futile endeavor. If ideas are worth pursing I either do, or respond with detail questions

Dear Hitech Sir, these ideas are yours.... perks and RPS, I'm one of people who loved your creation - RPS, and is sad that it's not in Aces High, I believe that bringing RPS back would enhance Aces High and combining it with perks and expanding it which are currently for only a handfull of planes would make the game more fun to play.

The whole of this idea is yours, of what is currently in the game, and I believe it can be tweaked further to make it play even better.

I'm not trying to convince anyone..... was just trying to give my point of view on this as a player who played RPS before with taking in account what the current subscribed people are saying here.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 05:53:16 AM by nugetx »

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2017, 09:25:00 AM »
Dear Hitech Sir, these ideas are yours.... perks and RPS, I'm one of people who loved your creation - RPS, and is sad that it's not in Aces High, I believe that bringing RPS back would enhance Aces High and combining it with perks and expanding it which are currently for only a handfull of planes would make the game more fun to play.

The whole of this idea is yours, of what is currently in the game, and I believe it can be tweaked further to make it play even better.

I'm not trying to convince anyone..... was just trying to give my point of view on this as a player who played RPS before with taking in account what the current subscribed people are saying here.

:rofl :rofl :rofl I call BS, you ARE trying to convince EVERYONE, and I am one you have FAILED to convince.  :neener:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2017, 01:03:15 PM »

Again, ask yourself why didn't HiTech add a RPS system in AH when he did it for WB? 
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2017, 02:07:42 PM »
Again, ask yourself why didn't HiTech add a RPS system in AH when he did it for WB?

Violation of rule 15.

Rule 15, you are not allowed to use logic in a discussion on the BBS

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2017, 02:13:42 PM »

Maybe it was a legal thing?

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2017, 03:03:20 PM »
I don't think it's a legal thing.

I think it's a THIS DANG R.P.S. thing that won't and don't work, HiTech saw that it didn't work in Warbirds and knew it wouldn't in Aces High. if one day I logged in and found I and everyone else had to fly the same plane for 2-3 weeks or a month I'd would just log back off and go find something else to play..

if you go to home page-scores and stats and search my name you will see the may planes I fly, planes I can fly at any time I want unless eny stops me so then I just pick another plane, as many others do.

and again you have made another post where you are beating a dead horse with a broken stick. GIVE IT UP.

if if HiTech does go with Steam- HiTech will make changes if he needs to, I can guarantee their won't be a RPS in this game unless u make one in the AVA or some other arena but their probably won't be any other players there.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2017, 03:08:20 PM »
I think it's a THIS DANG R.P.S. thing that won't and don't work

What about just having perks on planes ? 

I mean it is currently on planes like 262 , 163, tempest....... why not make it on more planes ?   So the early war planes are used more ?

The early war planes would have biggest ENY and cost little....   the late war planes would have low ENY and cost more
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:10:58 PM by nugetx »