Author Topic: P47-M  (Read 13928 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: P47-M
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2017, 12:09:59 PM »
N1K is pretty powerfull with 4x20mm and it turns well also.

There is no reason to perk the N1K2, it hardly unbalances the game play.  Instead of crying to perk planes, learn how to fight against them.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2017, 12:12:29 PM »
There is no reason to perk the N1K2, it hardly unbalances the game play.  Instead of crying to perk planes, learn how to fight against them.

And much a zero only takes a few pings to turn it into a torch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »

Don't you mean "learn how to chase them" so you can catch them in a chase?

Sadly, that only works if you have a late war monster yourself.

Offline Zygote404

• Copper Member
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2017, 02:14:53 AM »
Don't you mean "learn how to chase them" so you can catch them in a chase?

Sadly, that only works if you have a late war monster yourself.
N1K is not fast.  It hold E well, dives quite well but less well than the KI84.  We used to see tons of N1K's in the MA way back but I think the KI84 has pretty much made them obsolete if you're looking for a manuverable, fast accelerating, fast diving jap cannon bird. 

I see them occasionally mostly doing base defense which they're good at.  I had a fight with a P47M yesterday in a N1K, was an even fight, he couldn't outturn me, I couldn't catch him after the initial burst of speed I got from my dive, died eventually when another P47 turned up.  Was about 10 minutes of jousting, fighting for alt and one or two turns ad nuaseum, about even imo.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2017, 10:33:24 AM »
I don't consider a N1k2 to be uber except in armament.

It's a good all around plane.

My "late war monster" comment references later war planes that are used to down dar and run away at uncatchable speeds the second a defensive response shows up.

There is way too much running away in the arena as it is.

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2017, 09:41:03 AM »
 While I agree with some of the posts assessment, I think there are other birds that need to be perked before the 47m. Like the LA7, Niki.

I think the corsair 1a is effective because you have some of the best pilots in here flying it. I have run into some who aren't that good and it is decidedly average. When I fly it, it is a big huge target. 

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2017, 04:18:39 PM »
I think the Perk this or Perk that argument often is out of whack.  The K4 was said to need to be perked for the longest time because the muppets and a few others were able to fly it with lethal efficiency.  Put it in the hands of most noobs, and the plane is unflyable, and definitely not something they can rack up kills in.  It has a big gun with very little ammo, and a big engine...  everything else is left up to the pilot.

In comparison, things such as Spitfires, LA7s and P51s just about anybody can get in and have a decent change of landing a kill just based on the fact they're fast, maneuverable, and carry a punch, plus are mostly stable platforms that lend themselves to a heavy hand on the yolk.

I don't find the M's to be that daunting or in need of perkage.  I think it more has to do with people effectively using a plane skewing its numbers.

IMHO, it's no different than the people complaining about F3 in an IL2...  it really didn't change the effectiveness of the plane for those who know how to use it.  It just made the negative G flopping of a few no longer a viable tactic when you can't see behind you.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2017, 04:27:59 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing the kill numbers of P47m broken down to fighter vs buff kills.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2017, 04:32:41 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing the kill numbers of P47m broken down to fighter vs buff kills.

Also kills per Pilot.  I honestly don't see a whole lot in the sky.  If it's a few people using it effectively, I think that proves the point that it doesn't need to be perked.  If it has 1000 pilots flying it per tour and still ranks in the top K/D, then I would consider it to be an issue to the balance of the game.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2017, 07:23:41 PM »

Of the 2800 kills racked up by the P-47M in Melee tour 209, only 328 players got kills in it, so those kills are divided amongst them. Of those players, only the top 30 most skilled got more than 20 kills (less than 10% of the players), and of those only the top 12 got more than 50 kills in it, and only 4 players got over 100 kills in it...

And only 2 players got nearly 200 kills each in it. So the kills are heavily tilted towards the two most skilled players flying it: Yucca and Thrash99. They got 175 and 174 kills in it.

While Thrash took down a dozen lancasters in it total, the majority for both pilots were fighter kills, and it is mostly being used for dogfighting. The planes most able to bring down either top ace are, no surprise, the spit16 and p-51d.

TL;DR we have those stats and you can look them up all you like.

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2017, 08:52:07 PM »
Of the 2800 kills racked up by the P-47M in Melee tour 209, only 328 players got kills in it, so those kills are divided amongst them. Of those players, only the top 30 most skilled got more than 20 kills (less than 10% of the players), and of those only the top 12 got more than 50 kills in it, and only 4 players got over 100 kills in it...

And only 2 players got nearly 200 kills each in it. So the kills are heavily tilted towards the two most skilled players flying it: Yucca and Thrash99. They got 175 and 174 kills in it.

While Thrash took down a dozen lancasters in it total, the majority for both pilots were fighter kills, and it is mostly being used for dogfighting. The planes most able to bring down either top ace are, no surprise, the spit16 and p-51d.

:aok

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2017, 08:52:34 PM »
Another truly amazing post by Lusche.

Thanks man........I might have attempted it but busy here passing gravel after they "blasted" an 8mm kidney stone this afternoon at the hospital.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2017, 05:33:14 AM »

I think your math needs some work Krusty. 175+174 = 349. for just Yucca and Thrash. Y?et you started by saying the plane had a total for all pilots = 328  :headscratch:
Who is John Galt?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2017, 05:52:40 AM »
I think your math needs some work Krusty. 175+174 = 349. for just Yucca and Thrash. Y?et you started by saying the plane had a total for all pilots = 328  :headscratch:

He did not. He said 328 pilots got kills in it, not 328 kills.  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2017, 10:02:31 AM »
Of the 2800 kills racked up by the P-47M in Melee tour 209

Heh... not like I said it on the first sentence, on the first line of my post.   :uhoh