Author Topic: What is Vehicle quadrant??  (Read 21376 times)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: What is Vehicle quadrant??
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2017, 07:17:16 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 08:20:33 AM by hitech »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2017, 07:30:30 AM »
Too many vocal trolls crying out against what they think is some kind of nerf. Not even giving it the time of day or acknowledging there might be a problem that this addresses. This'll get nowhere.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2017, 08:34:27 AM »
Too many vocal trolls crying out against what they think is some kind of nerf. Not even giving it the time of day or acknowledging there might be a problem that this addresses. This'll get nowhere.
What's The problem it addresses? GVs camping runways?

That's a player problem, if a Furball is going on and someone gets in without any of them noticing...that's on them...not the tank pushing in to suppress the field.

M3s hiding? I don't see this often...what I do see is a stream of resupply M3s dropping supplies outside of town and getting town out of white flag...this doesn't help with that.

GVs steam rolling bases in off hour time? Up a Tank or a A20 and go get you some.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2017, 08:47:33 AM »
  While I did find it nice to know a GV was in the area to hunt with my Jagdpanther, I do think it made it to easy. Simply wobble down the divide on the locator and poof what do you know tank right in front of you.    Really kinda kills the cat and mouse aspect, or much of the possibility  of someone sneaking by while you're out hunting. While I don't want them to get by me, it's still part of the hunting game and right now that's all but dead.   As an example, the other night I spotted a T-34 running away from a base we had just captured. I started to chase him down in an M-8 and got discoed when I was about to fire.  I log back on after a min and of course he's gone but with the magical pie I just followed the line right to where he had shut down in a bush to wait for us but I saw his tracks first under the leaves.

Also I was concerned about the impact of this for those of us that do the ocational long range M3 run to a base with no spawn to throw off the enemy with a crazy long range M3 instead of a goon.  I am concerned that all the time spent in a clandestine operation of this sort, which I think should be a viable option if someone has the patience to do it, is now almost pointless...  The shortening of the Aircraft range is good I think, so someone would have to be pretty low as they fly over to say "Hey there is a GV way the hell out here!"  But range on GV's and in the tower would put a big flashing light on anyone getting anywhere close to a base...
  Sooo if we must have this I feel that shortening range on everything and make it a Full dot on your Icon that would simply state there is a GV somewhere in this radius instead of being able to tell right where they are....

From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline +Kilroy+

• Zinc Member
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2017, 11:12:02 AM »
I have to continue to pan the quadrant dar. Even at 200 yards, there is no vertical limit that I can see. All a noob has to do, I watched this several times, is to find me, climb lazily while the quadrant radar spins on the clipboard - confirming they are directly over me, turn, go vertical see me again and drop. No skill at all except reading TomTom. You must remove any sort of directional indication, seriously, what is the goal here.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2017, 11:46:06 AM »
I hadn't realized until I played yesterday that the radar work for vehicles. I thought it was just for planes finding vehicles. I don't think I like it for GVs finding GVs. but maybe that's a rush judgement. I will play more with it and weigh back in.

Who is John Galt?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2017, 06:46:06 PM »
Same here,Vink. I thought the RED END SORTIE was enough for Gv on GV :aok Jury is still out though :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2017, 07:42:55 PM »
Why bother getting up a Storch and helping out the side when the quadrant just allows the tankers to figure it out for themselves?  I'd be more in favor of inching up the icon range on GVs based on their size, and really don't worry about the guy stopped and camping.  The flashing base or city and the red end sortie tells you he is out there, so if you want to go looking for him up a Storch and have at it.  The simple fix for spawn campers is to have the tanks gun actually create a puff of smoke/dust/dirt like the real thing when it fires.  That can be seen for a bit after he fires, so somebody will figure out where he is. 

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2017, 12:28:42 AM »
Guys, please keep in mind that this is just an experiment. Like the "M3 troop suspended" thing last tour. Yes, its hard to really judge tone and intent in written text, but some of these posts stink of just pure contempt and hostility towards change. Pretty sure that we all pretty much feel the same about this community, so I take perceived hostility with a grain of salt. IMO, we should be thankful that HighTech at least puts in some effort to address concerns and try new ideas to improve a players experience! He really doesnt need to do this, so I appreciate his involvement in that regard :rock Constructive criticism is one thing, but all I ask is keep an open mind! 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2017, 12:54:26 AM »
Maybe a dar bar but for tanks for would be more appropriate? Just a thought.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2017, 01:17:39 AM »
My first impression is that the vehicle quadrat rocks! maybe it is a new thing and people just want to try it out and do new things or something. But gv action yesterday was much faster and more the way I like it. Saw less successful camping and more moving around. People were still upping Storches or giving help in other planes. Did some gv hunting in cannon equipped planes and did not see a quadrant once when having clipboard open. Either saw an icon first and fixated on that or gv stopped below trees and did not see anything. Did not see any negative aspects yet.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline +Kilroy+

• Zinc Member
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2017, 05:18:33 AM »
The directional indicator has got to go. All a b*mbtard has to do is get a whiff of you and then climb in a slow circle with the quadrant dar spinning, that way he knows he is right over you without ever having to identify tree groupings or landmarks. Then, once he has enough speed for a nice drop, say 1500'/2k, he noses over, again looking for that spinning quadrant, knowing your model will pop in the center of his screen, voila, drop, pow.

You have completely removed skill from the practice of dive bombing. What is the idea of not having a vertical range limit on the thing?

Here's two videos I recorded yesterday. Notice that both these guys are flying at about 2000' looking for gv's. They are not swooping low to find icons, they scan around until they pick up a dar quadrant, go into a turning climb and drop. Notice as each plane climbs, he makes turning corrections that would correspond to indications from a rotational direction indicator. The pony driver, Squanto, a great pilot but not really known for his dive bomb expertise, is clearly becoming more comfortable with the new arcadian enhancement.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2017, 06:20:52 AM »
I have to continue to pan the quadrant dar. Even at 200 yards, there is no vertical limit that I can see. All a noob has to do, I watched this several times, is to find me, climb lazily while the quadrant radar spins on the clipboard - confirming they are directly over me, turn, go vertical see me again and drop. No skill at all except reading TomTom. You must remove any sort of directional indication, seriously, what is the goal here.
To find and kill campers like you.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2017, 06:59:30 AM »
Killroy,

You must find this annoying, with dar or no dar present.  Rooks knew of your presence regardless, because you had shut down an important spawn, and was broadcast over Range Channel (at least) this is what you were doing.

Some of the players in Aces High 3 have done quite well with the "ground game" and with the LTars no longer being an obstacle, I think that this is a good thing. 

What I still find extremely annoying from a "flight first" point of view, is the amount of time and energy that it consumes just locating the tin can sitting under a tree.   :old:

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2017, 08:06:08 AM »
It's interesting the biggest vocal opponent to this is the one that would literally sit under a bush for an hour to avoid detection.  This is the type of player it was introduced for.  So your repeated vocality is an indication that Hitech has made a good adjustment to the game.  Keep up the good work HTC!   :aok

PS-200 yard is too short for the GV quadrant.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!