Author Topic: IL-2 Sturmovik: "Battle of Bodenplatte" and Flying Circus Vol. 1 (RoF II)  (Read 5325 times)

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
It's not my intention to "advertise" or drag players away from AH, I just thought I'd share this news as this is a major announcement if you're a true flight sim enthusiast. (pls no flamerino)

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32254-announcing-battle-bodenplatte-flying-circus-tank-crew-and-mo/#entry532738

Enjoy  :cheers:

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: "Battle of Bodenplatte" and Flying Circus Vol. 1 (RoF II)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 07:24:38 AM »
I think many of us have or still do also fly IL2.

Bodenplatte will have the A8, that's reason enough for me :)

oh wait and Flying Circus will have the Dr1...holy cow..thanks for the heads up!!!!  :cheers:
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 07:29:05 AM »
<3 anything WW1.   :banana:

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 08:01:23 AM »
Looks great, but so many fewer aircraft available than AH.

I thought IL-2 was working on a Pacific Theater title?  But no news of that here?

Finally, what is match play?  Same thing as War Thunder where you wait for a game to start and then are thrown in at random with 31 other players roughly at your own Battle Rating level?

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 08:18:23 AM »

I thought IL-2 was working on a Pacific Theater title?  But no news of that here?

Finally, what is match play?  Same thing as War Thunder where you wait for a game to start and then are thrown in at random with 31 other players roughly at your own Battle Rating level?

They still plan on doing the Pacific, it's not cancelled, simply saved for a later date. When they have better resources and funding to properly recreate the Japanese side of the battle to their standards, it'll be out. https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32257-my-comments-delay-pto-development/

That's also why they don't release a huge amount of aircraft, they set their standards extremely high... you can't have everything at once and expect it to be top tier quality. It's a relatively small dev team just like AH with limited funding from their publisher. If everything goes to plan, and people keep buying the game, it could very well have as many aircraft as AH and the old IL2 1946 one day.

I don't know where you got "Match Play" from, there will be no such thing... their goal is to make multiplayer more like the old hyperlobby where you can join a server/lobby or easily create your own with friends. It's server based up to 84+ players, not join a qeue and wait.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 08:32:52 AM by Krupinski »

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 08:27:04 AM »
I play Stalingrad offline,the multiplayer is garbage :old:

ROF is very good even the online :old:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 08:28:38 AM by zack1234 »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 08:31:09 AM »

Ya its completely different imo.  You go there to fly some unique planes and it does also have pretty graphics but the multiplayer (at least back when i played it last) was super weak.

It's by no means a replacement or even in the same league as AH for multiplayer...but that doesn't mean it's not fun in it's own right.
Like most games it's fun to mess with for a period of time.

For me it's just something else to mess with in the variety of games out there.

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 08:40:00 AM »
The multiplayer used to have horrible performance, but its really come a long way since then... it's not as bad as you think now, but yes it could still use some improvement, and that's the goal to eventually make it just as good as RoF multiplayer/co-op was.

ROF is very good even the online :old:

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 09:21:26 AM »
So first off I'm super excited about this. I played IL2 1946, and Cliffs of Dover, and loved them both.

I believe I read this correctly, and I quote, " On Steam, customers must first purchase Battle of Stalingrad if they wish to purchase Battle of Bodenplatte."

So for the digital copy I have to have BOS?

Also 1946 used to have the Dynamic Campaign Generator where it kept track of kills, medals, and a record of your fellow pilots who were KIA, or MIA. Is that still a thing? 
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 09:38:05 AM »
So first off I'm super excited about this. I played IL2 1946, and Cliffs of Dover, and loved them both.

I believe I read this correctly, and I quote, " On Steam, customers must first purchase Battle of Stalingrad if they wish to purchase Battle of Bodenplatte."

So for the digital copy I have to have BOS?

Also 1946 used to have the Dynamic Campaign Generator where it kept track of kills, medals, and a record of your fellow pilots who were KIA, or MIA. Is that still a thing?

You don't have to own Battle of Stalingrad, you can buy the expansions individually off their website, but the best way to do it IMO is to buy Battle of Stalingrad on Steam, then buy anything else you want off the website to support the devs. Everything is saved to your user account so you can access it all by launching BoS on Steam.

A completed Dynamic Campaign system just like 1946/RoF is going to release end of December in the Battle of Kuban update.

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 09:40:49 AM »
You don't have to own Battle of Stalingrad, you can buy the expansions individually off their website, but the best way to do it IMO is to buy Battle of Stalingrad on Steam, then buy anything else you want off the website to support the devs. Everything is saved to your user account so you can access it all by launching BoS on Steam.

A completed Dynamic Campaign system just like 1946/RoF is going to release end of December in the Battle of Kuban update.

Thanks Krup! For those of you that have steam, shoot me a pm with your ID, I at least want to play this game with you guys.
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 09:47:49 AM »
I'll just post it here in case anybody else picks it up and wants to play sometime. :P

www.steamcommunity.com/id/krupnski

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 10:18:11 AM »
They still plan on doing the Pacific, it's not cancelled, simply saved for a later date. When they have better resources and funding to properly recreate the Japanese side of the battle to their standards, it'll be out. https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32257-my-comments-delay-pto-development/

That's also why they don't release a huge amount of aircraft, they set their standards extremely high... you can't have everything at once and expect it to be top tier quality. It's a relatively small dev team just like AH with limited funding from their publisher. If everything goes to plan, and people keep buying the game, it could very well have as many aircraft as AH and the old IL2 1946 one day.

I don't know where you got "Match Play" from, there will be no such thing... their goal is to make multiplayer more like the old hyperlobby where you can join a server/lobby or easily create your own with friends. It's server based up to 84+ players, not join a qeue and wait.

Thanks Krupinsky -

Further down on the page in the link you gave it talks about a new "matchmaking" system:

As you can see we have ambitious plans for Sturmovik. No doubt you will have many questions and concerns about what we have announced. The bigger picture is that are now ready to try making parallel products for our WW2 fans, WW1 fans and possible new customers who enjoy tank battles. But beyond that, we hope to accomplish the following in our next development cycle.

-          New MP matchmaking system and lobby with chat
-          Improvements to aircraft fuel systems and add drop tanks
-          Oxygen masks for pilots at high attitude
-          Jet engine technology and associated physics of higher Mach numbers
-          Improvements to AI
-          Option for 4K skins by default and preview pics in the GUI for Custom skins
-          In-Game Model Viewer (hold over from Kuban)
-          Mods On/Off (hold over from Kuban)
-          More attractive GUI and better GUI optimization
…. and many other small, medium and large improvements to usability, functionality and performance.

4K skins - need a drooling emoticon...

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 10:29:09 AM »
Thanks Krupinsky -

Further down on the page in the link you gave it talks about a new "matchmaking" system:

4K skins - need a drooling emoticon...

"Matchmaking" probably isn't the correct wording, I think what Jason meant is that they're going to add a lobby to each server, and have it flow more smoothly as the mission/map rotates. I can't be certain tho I guess we'll find out in the upcoming dev diary's or when it releases. I can assure you it won't be anything like WT's garbage matchmaking.

As of right now when the mission ends it just kicks you out like AH does and you have to rejoin.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 11:47:43 AM »
No mosquitoes.... pfffff  :rolleyes:

When DCS or some other company comes out with a full blown, high detail, combat simulator for Mosquito VI, or Mirage IIIc, my credit card is going to come out so fast that the sonic boom will be heard all the way to the developers studio!  :rock
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs