Author Topic: Gave It a Go, But Gotta Go  (Read 10280 times)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: Gave It a Go, But Gotta Go
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2018, 02:23:16 AM »
everybody keeps talking about how great AH2 was-and for me it was- first game on a computer I ever played. I played war type games on ps ps2 and ps3. saw a commercial on TV for a computer game called Aces High-right there I went in debt and bought a computer to play it, and man did I have a great time-I worked 40hrs a week and still managed to play it  100 to 150hrs a month, if I wasn't working I was playing AH2, morning before I went to work, at lunch time, got off work at 5:30pm 5:45 I was playing AH2 until 11pm. and now I'm retired I play even more.

I love this game-but in the last 2 years of AH2 I heard a lot of complaining about how the games graphics weren't as good as other games or how the maps the same maps that were there before I joined in 08 were either too big or too small, same complaints as we have now, it's hard to satisfy. so HiTech comes out with AH3 with better graphics, pretty much everything better except all the trees :D, and people are still sweetying about the game. new players come and go because they are to lazy to take the time to learn a game that's harder than any war game out there except for maybe DCS-plus they are basically free unless you don't want to use the basic assets, then you have to pay for up grades but even they are a 1 time fee for each upgrade.

now to satisfy some whiners about gv's being or not being found-HiTech has added a gv dar  and and possibly a few other things that are Making AH3 a little gamey-arcadish in fact-but at least he's trying. putting a back door on the spawn vh and the current wall structure is great. fixing the tree grabbing problem and fixing the clouds and the water are great, he's bringing back the trains-he came out with a new tile with a new look for the roads and train tracks etc.

but I/we have gotten off the OP's subject-I hope he comes back. sounds like real life problems have surfaced for him as well as game problems.

but today actually Thursday-I sat in the tower as the bish were beating up 1 of our bases which we lost, and it occurred to me that they weren't hording our base but as a country they were all working for a common goal and it was to take a base- now rooks pretty much do the same thing, they are not hording they are taking a base, Knights haven't really learned that yet-even after all these years, yes they usually have more players then the rest, but that's not there fought- they just have more retires than we have lol.

thunderegg I do hope to see you again, take some time off-a year come back for a tour see if you like it-good luck and so long :salute
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:25:10 AM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2018, 02:34:58 AM »
telling people there griping and complaining is not the way to solve problems.

oh and I forgot- all the maps/terrains except for oceania, bowlma, and buzzsaw are from AH2 that were modified-but the one map that was drastically changed for the worse is the CraterMA map- I really miss the big tanktown in the center.

Sorry Thunderegg I had to put that in there-- so long.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2018, 01:11:24 PM »
telling people there griping and complaining is not the way to solve problems.

oh and I forgot- all the maps/terrains except for oceania, bowlma, and buzzsaw are from AH2 that were modified-but the one map that was drastically changed for the worse is the CraterMA map- I really miss the big tanktown in the center.

Sorry Thunderegg I had to put that in there-- so long.

You forget we are customers buying a product....as well as players. Most of the gripes are not with other players,but with the adjustments made to enhance one element of the game.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2018, 01:22:38 PM »
You forget we are customers buying a product....as well as players. Most of the gripes are not with other players,but with the adjustments made to enhance one element of the game.

You lean on being a 'customer' way too much and not enough being part of a player community. The gripes I see posted are most definitely about player behavior more than anything else. Suggested 'fixes' to the game are almost always meant to make other players do something the poster wants them to do. Even asking terrain designers to design toward one player's likes or dislikes is asking the terrain designer to be complicit it making other players do what you want them to do. The funny thing about that is the nature of players not doing what you want them to do is pretty much always related to how much you try to make them.

Community is the key. Players either will or won't make the sand box more pleasant for everyone. The 'I'm a paying customer, dammit' attitude is not really community oriented (no matter how much one claims that they're demanding something that all the other paying customers want).

The sandbox ain't broken. Quitchersqueakin'. :)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2018, 01:52:55 PM »
This all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2018, 02:10:49 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:41:26 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2018, 02:19:52 PM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:41:59 AM by Skuzzy »
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2018, 02:28:23 PM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:42:19 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2018, 02:34:38 PM »

Says you.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2018, 02:40:00 PM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:42:42 AM by Skuzzy »
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2018, 02:56:08 PM »
Well bleeding players isn't good for the cash flow either AckAck .......pretty much it's been an anti GV model to the game...I mean come on Tank Icons... no icons for GV's in AH2  bomber and fighter icons....is it really worth your while to chase an fighter at your strat.....GV dar......... biggest factor leading to loss of players. Maps designed to contain GV movements on the map.....the list goes on.

The new changes to the game have taken all the surprise out of the game, and commanders in WW II strove to do most operation with the element of surprise. It's just a game....like so many others out there competing for my business. We'll stick around until June and make a decision then...

If the game doesn't meet my expectations, I'll be one of the many who will have left the game for other endeavors

Running both AH2 and AH3 on separate servers is not the way to "save the game."  The costs alone is cost prohibitive, taking into account the money needed to run the servers for both versions of the game and the money and manpower needed to make sure both versions of the game are regularly updated.  It is just not viable.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2018, 03:31:45 PM »
ALL these issues that you/Dundee have mentioned, I dont see as being responsible for any game play changes. While TRUE about only GV action I like is Wirb, or MAYBE M4 in a group rampaging a strat. NOT OFTEN I DO THE LATER. I for life of me dont get your issues. Gv ICONS....ok, your side knows where you are- Trees---slow down and pick your way through(I have NEVER been stopped by a tree for longer than a back up turn...off again) I will hit one if game minimizes now and then, most of those issues have been fixed for months now. GV DAR---IS NOT AUTO SMOKE ON TOP OF YOUR TANK....guys can stay hidden almost indefinitely under a tree, just shut off your engine.Happens EVERY DAY, and I look non stop,I love bombing gvs,its what I do. Even in AH2, if a strat was flashing all you would hear was "49ers at our strat in tanks again!" Wasnt like it was a great big secret. Except for the maps where you guys got on hills half a sector away and didnt flash the strat. :furious Can still happen....it doesnt though, because your own side disliked the grieving and would call you out to someone. Like CYBRO, his effects are in the eyes of the beholder. I think he does it just to po those who dont like it,nothing more. True, run a mission and it gets spotted...LORD HELP US..spies spies spies. As I understand it, Gvs were added to enhance the air game? AH will never be an GV prioritized game and I never expect it to be. I hate seeing anyone upset enough to leave, you guys are family! I spend more time with some of you THAN I DO SPEND WITH FAMILY :x Being abrasive about things you dont like will most definitely rub others wrong and wont yield anything positive. I never got to play with you "49ers" much. Maybe 1 tour when squad rotated and 1 when you guys played Bishop for a tour but still love you guys...you play MY game :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2018, 03:45:30 PM »
And here I thought posting on going production screen shots of what it takes over time to produce a new terrain was a good thing to help the "community" understand it ain't all walking in the daisies. All it got me until I used a hammer named "Look Don't Touch" on people to shut down the drive by knee cappings, was people trying to derail my production under the the edge of the rule#s. While inferring I didn't know what I was doing, while trying to take over my design work to make me build their terrain, while trying to gin up lynch mobs when I said no, and Hitechs "force" to make me do what they wanted even after the the projects went into production. I'm not even one of Hitech's employees just like TC isn't.

And the forums on average are only maybe 10% of the actual playing community of this game. :rolleyes:

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2018, 03:51:32 PM »
Bring back 6K GV Icon range and get rid of GV dar.  They want it the way it used to be!!!   :ahand  :devil  :bolt:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2018, 04:13:07 PM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:44:15 AM by Skuzzy »