Author Topic: Gave It a Go, But Gotta Go  (Read 10305 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Gave It a Go, But Gotta Go
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2018, 09:41:17 PM »
I think you'll actually find that you'll have more fun burning all of your perks and not giving a ch1t about any one else and tearing it up, than you think.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2018, 02:07:51 AM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:44:38 AM by Skuzzy »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2018, 03:26:52 AM »
You lean on being a 'customer' way too much and not enough being part of a player community. The gripes I see posted are most definitely about player behavior more than anything else. Suggested 'fixes' to the game are almost always meant to make other players do something the poster wants them to do. Even asking terrain designers to design toward one player's likes or dislikes is asking the terrain designer to be complicit it making other players do what you want them to do. The funny thing about that is the nature of players not doing what you want them to do is pretty much always related to how much you try to make them.

Community is the key. Players either will or won't make the sand box more pleasant for everyone. The 'I'm a paying customer, dammit' attitude is not really community oriented (no matter how much one claims that they're demanding something that all the other paying customers want).

The sandbox ain't broken. Quitchersqueakin'. :)
Well said.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2018, 03:28:14 AM »
I think you'll actually find that you'll have more fun burning all of your perks and not giving a ch1t about any one else and tearing it up, than you think.
Perks? What are perks? Never use them...the planes I fly don't require them to fly...guess I just don't need the crutches of an uber ride to have fun.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2018, 05:30:09 AM »
Rarely use perks Yak9T does not need them
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2018, 06:55:50 AM »
Your squad did a fair bit of griefing to make the game play unsatisfactory for many Dundee.  How does that bed you made smell now that you have to lie in it?

You trying to score debate points or something, FESS? The only "griefing" the 49ers ever did that I saw was take down HQ unnecessarily, thus denying dar to a lot of players for no good reason except because they could. But that was in AH2, years ago. So how are the 49ers at all responsible for declining players numbers? Except for leaving the game themselves because they, like I, found a lot of the fun of the game went away when the GV dar appeared?

PS--Dundee, what are you hoping will have changed in June that will keep you playing? 8thJinx alluded to some new maps but I don't see how those would make a difference.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2018, 08:30:52 AM »
You trying to score debate points or something, FESS? The only "griefing" the 49ers ever did that I saw was take down HQ unnecessarily, thus denying dar to a lot of players for no good reason except because they could. But that was in AH2, years ago. So how are the 49ers at all responsible for declining players numbers? Except for leaving the game themselves because they, like I, found a lot of the fun of the game went away when the GV dar appeared?

PS--Dundee, what are you hoping will have changed in June that will keep you playing? 8thJinx alluded to some new maps but I don't see how those would make a difference.
It wasn't like taking down HQ was a one off thing for them. They did it day after day after day AFTER DAY! It wasn't a cool thing to do. Hell they even had guys that stayed online while they went to work or whatever, hiding in barns and getting resupplied to do it again the next day. Or literally as soon as it'd come back up! Don't try to spin that as yeah they took down HQ what's the big deal. They did it as a pattern of behavior and their attitude was hee hee hah hah sukitloozers! Maybe you missed it but it was kind of a thing here and for too long of a time. People were pissed. People logged. People left over it. So something was done about it. They abused the system so the system was changed. Plain and simple. If any of the gv crowd wonder why, there's your reason. A few knuckleheads were screwing up everybody else's experience - - "because they could". Problem solved.

Personally while not a gv guy I have not the slightest gripe with guys that are. Hell I admired the effort put into finding that whole HQ thing and the gunnery behind it. Very well done! But using that to grief an entire arena for surely it was weeks on end, maybe longer, violated Skuzzy's one simple rule, which I find easy to follow : don't be a dick.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2018, 11:15:40 AM »
Perks? What are perks? Never use them...the planes I fly don't require them to fly...guess I just don't need the crutches of an uber ride to have fun.

Not really my point. Flying perk planes recklessly to burn perks is actually pretty fun, if you are struggling with finding fun in the game.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2018, 02:21:28 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:46:05 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2018, 02:28:29 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:46:20 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2018, 02:39:32 PM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:46:33 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2018, 04:51:08 PM »
It wasn't like taking down HQ was a one off thing for them. They did it day after day after day AFTER DAY! It wasn't a cool thing to do. Hell they even had guys that stayed online while they went to work or whatever, hiding in barns and getting resupplied to do it again the next day. Or literally as soon as it'd come back up! Don't try to spin that as yeah they took down HQ what's the big deal. They did it as a pattern of behavior and their attitude was hee hee hah hah sukitloozers! Maybe you missed it but it was kind of a thing here and for too long of a time. People were pissed. People logged. People left over it. So something was done about it. They abused the system so the system was changed. Plain and simple. If any of the gv crowd wonder why, there's your reason. A few knuckleheads were screwing up everybody else's experience - - "because they could".

I agree with all of that (with one exception, which I will get to in a minute). All I was saying was that HQ downage had nothing to do with the declining numbers in AH3, and so FESS was out of line to mock dundee with something that a reasonably functional imbecile could have seen was incorrect.

Here's the exception.

"If any of the gv crowd wonder why, there's your reason."

The GV dar has less than nothing to do with the 49er abuse of HQ 2+years ago. HT himself said it was implemented to help players find a fight. It was unnecessary (base flash, SB flash, town flash, red end sortie/green end sortie, and sound pinned down GV location almost as well as the GV dar currently does) but that's what he thought when he created it. I'm sure he didn't realize what the severity of the unintended consequences would be, which is why dundee's point previously (get opinions from a variety of players before you do a paradigm shift) was a good one. Maybe that will be a lesson learned, I don't know.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:54:32 PM by molybdenum »

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2018, 05:09:48 PM »
I'd guess it was more like now the gv guys can find the gv fights like the air guys can find theirs. But that's just how my mind works. See I WANT to find a good fight, not avoid it. What a kook right?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2018, 07:05:31 PM »
I agree with all of that (with one exception, which I will get to in a minute). All I was saying was that HQ downage had nothing to do with the declining numbers in AH3, and so FESS was out of line to mock dundee with something that a reasonably functional imbecile could have seen was incorrect.

The constant taking down of the dar did push people out of the game.  Even when the 49ers were asked to stop they continued and mocked the community.  Sure, there are many other reasons for the decline however Dundee is no innocent caught in the crossfire.

Offline 230G

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2018, 07:33:46 PM »
  I can't help but wonder why people think they need to announce their leaving.  :huh

Something I've learned in last half century:

People leave various activities, functions, organizations, etc. because they want to leave, and any excuse will do. That's OK....no need to announce. Go, and be well.

With all due respect the game hasn't changed.  The people playing the game now have changed.  The game itself offers the same opportunities, even more so since the addition of more aircraft, vehicles etc.

It's not the game, it's the people.

Agree 100%.

But, there are simple, effective solutions:

Never tune to Channel 200. Too much drama and BS.

To deal with those who like to talk about how their day went, how their kids are doing in school, or how drunk or high they are. <SQUELCH>

To deal with those on the range channel who think they need to comment on every twist and turn of their dogfight. <SQUELCH>

To deal with those who'd rather scream "SIX! SIX! SIX! BREAK LEFT!!" instead of just using the Check Six function. <SQUELCH>

Eliminate the people who bother you! See how easy that is??

35 Whelen

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 07:40:14 PM by 230G »
If you approach from me from my 12:00 you will be unapologetically HO'ed.