Author Topic: What will it take? (for HT)  (Read 20218 times)

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Re: What will it take? (for HT)
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2018, 06:16:42 PM »
A "Sweetheartbag" is an auto fill HTC uses when someone types a "nasty" word they may offend someone.

Is there a translation list somewhere? I'm quite sure its not random, because just from looking at the context a sweetheartbag is not a bellybutton.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2018, 06:19:13 PM »
Is there a translation list somewhere? I'm quite sure its not random, because just from looking at the context a sweetheartbag is not a bellybutton.

ass
shit
damn
diddly - 4 letter word beginning with F
squeak -5 letter word beginning with B (female dog)
amazinhunk - A hole
mother diddlyer - mother F
dumb ass
bigtoe - lady part beginning with C
popsicle -  lady part beginning with P
Golly-geen - God D***

just type them in and save and it will show you the new word.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 06:26:06 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2018, 06:32:21 PM »
ass
shit
damn
diddly - 4 letter word beginning with F
squeak -5 letter word beginning with B (female dog)
amazinhunk - A hole
mother diddlyer - mother F
dumb ass
bigtoe - lady part beginning with C
popsicle -  lady part beginning with P
Golly-geen - God D***

just type them in and save and it will show you the new word.
leave it to fugi to know :rofl that's why he is called  fugitive  :devil
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2018, 09:14:13 PM »
leave it to fugi to know :rofl that's why he is called  fugitive  :devil

:rofl  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2018, 07:11:01 PM »
Time to get with the times and join em if you cant beat them. Iv seen very effective advertising with sponsoring YouTube channels offering promo codes as well as video ads for phone ap games that people see every single time they click on it when they dont want to pay real money for fake money...  :old:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:05:34 PM by Skyguns MKII »

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2018, 09:36:42 PM »
If word of mouth exceeds actual, paid marketing, why does every successful business spend, a combined hundreds of billions in marketing and promos? Just curious? I'm sure if McDonalds could save $500 million a year, and just go word of mouth they would. Hmm

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2018, 12:08:26 AM »
If word of mouth exceeds actual, paid marketing, why does every successful business spend, a combined hundreds of billions in marketing and promos? Just curious? I'm sure if McDonalds could save $500 million a year, and just go word of mouth they would. Hmm

Boo

Because they’re trying to grab market share for stuff people are already buying.   It generates instant awareness.   It is also becoming quite ineffective.   When was the last time you paid attention to every commercial on tv for example?   I pause and go grab a soda then hit fast forward on the DVR.   

Word of mouth and self-discovery of a company or product are still the #1 way people find out about products and services.   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2018, 01:50:45 AM »
Nah,

Commercials are single handedly the best marketing choice. Especially on channels like Fox News. This game should have a commercial on the Smithsonian channel. It would be a perfect place, they even have a day dedicated to flying...

Kids cannot be marketed to because kids don't pay subscriptions. It should be marketed in other countries as well, like Germany and Japan for example.

Word of mouth does not work very well for AH. I've yet to have any friends pay the subscription. It's just not the game for them. Games like AH take a special patience to learn and want to be good at. Most of my friends don't know the first clue about flying or have the enthusiasm like I do.

Remember that Arnold Swartzenager commercial with the war app that would play every other break. It was putting that cheesy game right in everyone's face. Could you imagine how many people signed up for that?

Commercials really work. WW2 games are not out of favor. The marketing for AH is... You want people in their own house to find out about this game so that they can go on their computer right then and there to search the website and find if it interest them.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2018, 06:48:51 AM »
This game should have a commercial on the Smithsonian channel.

That was funny. The one channel with probably a smaller demographic than the game.  :D

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2018, 08:41:22 AM »
Nah,

Commercials are single handedly the best marketing choice.

Except when they’re not.

Like now.

Kids cannot be marketed to because kids don't pay subscriptions.

Yeah.  Because kids don’t beg their parents to buy them stuff.   :rofl

(I have thousands of dollars in GI JOE toys that say otherwise.)

Word of mouth does not work very well for AH.

It doesn’t need to.  People find it on their own.

Commercials really work.

If they cost more than the revenue they generate then they don’t work.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2018, 08:42:22 AM »
That was funny. The one channel with probably a smaller demographic than the game.  :D

:rofl :ahand
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 01, 2018, 09:04:48 AM »
But advertisement is magic! You just have to throw money at it and it will come back tenfold  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2018, 09:16:43 AM »

Except when they’re not.

Like now.

Yeah.  Because kids don’t beg their parents to buy them stuff.   :rofl

(I have thousands of dollars in GI JOE toys that say otherwise.)

It doesn’t need to.  People find it on their own.

If they cost more than the revenue they generate then they don’t work.

Yes they are. There is literally no better form of marketing on a mass scale.

Like Boo said, McDonald's and insurance companies ect, would not be spending multiple hundreds of millions on commercials if they did not work. We all know they exist. How many know AH exist? I sure as hell wouldn't know they exist if I didn't know about AH.

GI Joe's are one time expenses. While some parents would pay, It takes a lucky kid like myself to have parents who are willing to pay every month, especially today when everything cost a fortune to buy. Now I pay for the game.  GI Joe would not be popular without commercials either. Violent video games are much harder to get parents to buy over an action figure. Thats why so few kids play AH.

Risk/Reward. That's how business works. There is literally proof all over the boards how many people found this game from the military channel. Marketing is single handedly the best option to raise awareness. Leaving it up to people to find it on their own is a slow process. Putting it in their faces is how you get a lot of customers quickly. It's what the game needs.

Simply not true. It's a free channel that is gaining a lot of popularity. Do you have any #s to prove that? It has shows dedicated to flight. Would be perfect for AH and probably affordable. One great commercial would probably attract 500 new customers a month. Just a guess though.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2018, 09:39:02 AM »
Yes they are. There is literally no better form of marketing on a mass scale.

Wrong.

Like Boo said, McDonald's and insurance companies ect, would not be spending multiple hundreds of millions on commercials if they did not work. We all know they exist.

All the commercials in the world will not work on a product people do not want. 

How many know AH exist? I sure as hell wouldn't know they exist if I didn't know about AH.

Most people did not find AH through a commercial.   Those that did were not generating enough revenue to offset the cost of said commercials.   

Word of mouth and personal initiative are still the #1 way people find products. 

GI Joe's are one time expenses. While some parents would pay, It takes a lucky kid like myself to have parents who are willing to pay every month, especially today when everything cost a fortune to buy.

A single XBox will pay for AH for years.   My GI JOE collection would pay for AH for ten lifetimes.   One time expenses for every birthday, Christmas, trip to the store etc. year after year after year.

#LogicFail

Risk/Reward. That's how business works. There is literally proof all over the boards how many people found this game from the military channel.

As a percentage of the whole a mere fraction, and ZERO PERCENT of the thousands coming into the game every month RIGHT NOW.

Marketing is single handedly the best option to raise awareness.

Someone looked at Wikipedia.   :rolleyes:

You do not understand advertising and how it works (or doesn’t).
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #164 on: October 01, 2018, 09:47:40 AM »

Boo

I know a company that does 4 to 6 mil a year and does not advertise.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)