Author Topic: Delay before ending mission if fired recently  (Read 7288 times)

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Re: Delay before ending mission if fired recently
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2018, 10:36:44 AM »
And also not when the opfor is an aircraft.  Enemy can ditch in open ground when being dived on, if there isn't an enemy vehicle in proxy range, no proxy will be given to the plane.

I'm pretty sure I sometimes get kills form flying over enemy GVs  that exit, without having hit them before.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2018, 10:54:02 AM »
Kill the VH(s) and then they have a real choice to keep the air defense vehicle or land it. 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2018, 09:26:16 AM »
+1 to this wish.

This act is the gv equivalent to bombing and bailing.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2018, 02:20:42 PM »
I'm pretty sure I sometimes get kills form flying over enemy GVs  that exit, without having hit them before.

You do, only if a friendly vehicle is causing them to generate a proxy, at that point it goes to the closest, even if its a plane.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2018, 02:44:49 PM »

Not if those GV are on their own turf, the worst they will then get is a 'ditch' (unless that was changed very recently)
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2018, 01:21:37 PM »
Not if those GV are on their own turf, the worst they will then get is a 'ditch' (unless that was changed very recently)

They have to be on concrete to avoid the ditch.  If it is only an aircraft forcing a red end sortie, they will get a ditch while giving no proxy.  If a vehicle is nearby, even in the proximity of a friendly base, a ditch will generate a proxy that can then be given to an aircraft if it is closer.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2018, 02:15:39 PM »
They have to be on concrete to avoid the ditch.  If it is only an aircraft forcing a red end sortie, they will get a ditch while giving no proxy.  If a vehicle is nearby, even in the proximity of a friendly base, a ditch will generate a proxy that can then be given to an aircraft if it is closer.

I have never given away any proxy to anyone nearby as long as I was ditching my (undamaged) vehicle in friendly territory. Never, not even once.
And I have done that quite a bit with lots of enemy tanks & planes around (for example when resupplying nearby towns)

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2018, 02:55:22 PM »
And you can ditch a plane near a friendly base and deny your opponent a kill, even if you have been hit and/or an enemy is within proxy range.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2018, 05:01:39 PM »
And you can ditch a plane near a friendly base and deny your opponent a kill, even if you have been hit and/or an enemy is within proxy range.

But unless you are already on the ground and stopped, you can't simply ditch/land in an airplane to deny your opponent a kill.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2018, 01:58:24 PM »

I have never given away any proxy to anyone nearby as long as I was ditching my (undamaged) vehicle in friendly territory. Never, not even once.
And I have done that quite a bit with lots of enemy tanks & planes around (for example when resupplying nearby towns)

I get proxies all the time when attacking enemy towns, they rush the m3 in, drop their load, then tower.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2018, 02:46:15 PM »
I get proxies all the time when attacking enemy towns, they rush the m3 in, drop their load, then tower.

That could be easily tested.
And maybe it should be, because I can only repeat: I never gave away ANY proxy like this, ever. And I've really been keeping attention to things like this. As long as I was undamaged on friendly turf (be it at the spawn or near town) - only ditches. Hundreds of times.

I could even help testing, as long as we use a custom arena ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 02:53:27 PM by Lusche »

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2018, 03:04:18 PM »
I'd like to see GVs required to be stopped to End Sortie -- just like airplanes.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2018, 02:59:57 AM »
Yesterday I could exit an M3 near friedly town with both enemy aircraft and GVs nearby without granting someone a kill. One data point to support Lusche.

Requiring a full stop to exit is pretty inconvenient for pt-boats. Getting them stopped takes some patience (even putting them in reverse). On the other hand it creates a kind of natural delay like ditching aircraft does.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2018, 06:40:04 PM »
I'm looking at this in my mind again---ok I'm shooting a a plane and I miss-so I see the plane get to the bomb****ing angle. so you say I shouldn't be able to tower for 3 seconds when you  are already at the angle to drop an egg and kill me.. so you think just because I shot at you with by warble even though I missed you have a right to reciprocate and drop a bomb and kill me, but see thing is you don't have the right to kill me---I am defending my base-I have the right to stay alive by any means possible. it's up to you to avoid my fire. and it's up to me to avoid you're bomb.. the way you're thinking is like, panzer's and T34-85's are attacking my base, the attacking GV'rs say it is wrong for me to use a Tiger2 to defend it, that I should defend with the same kind of vehicle the enemy are attacking with.

I have been complained to, in the game text players complaining about to me having a bigger tank then them.

but I'm not worried-I'm 99.99% sure HiTech won't remove the Manned 88's--after all hgow long you all been complaining about them and they still here.if you going to wish/complain about what we do have, how about complaining/wishing for what we don't have--different planes  gvs etc.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2018, 06:44:37 PM »
I'm looking at this in my mind again---ok I'm shooting a a plane and I miss-so I see the plane get to the bomb****ing angle. so you say I shouldn't be able to tower for 3 seconds when you  are already at the angle to drop an egg and kill me.. so you think just because I shot at you with by warble even though I missed you have a right to reciprocate and drop a bomb and kill me, but see thing is you don't have the right to kill me---I am defending my base-I have the right to stay alive by any means possible. it's up to you to avoid my fire. and it's up to me to avoid you're bomb.. the way you're thinking is like, panzer's and T34-85's are attacking my base, the attacking GV'rs say it is wrong for me to use a Tiger2 to defend it, that I should defend with the same kind of vehicle the enemy are attacking with.

I have been complained to, in the game text players complaining about to me having a bigger tank then them.

but I'm not worried-I'm 99.99% sure HiTech won't remove the Manned 88's--after all hgow long you all been complaining about them and they still here.if you going to wish/complain about what we do have, how about complaining/wishing for what we don't have--different planes  gvs etc.

Seeing as you are always comparing the game to WWII, if a plane is diving on a wirble in WWII they got to tower out too? NOPE, they either got lucky and the guy missed or they DIED!!!

Thats what they are asking here, why should the GV guys get an easy out?