Author Topic: 2v1 country ganging needs intervention from htc  (Read 17124 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: 2v1 country ganging needs intervention from htc
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 04:20:17 PM »
With the kind of number percentages in the first screen shot, have it trigger all perk rides free for the one country and 30eny as a default for each of the two other countries. Keep that percentage even if the two other countries are at 60 or what ever large number of players each as long as the third is at the same percentage. It will be like a two country only gang bang except the loosing country gets to fly all the perk rides for free and the cost of sin for the other countries is being locked out of anything late war by their own choosing.

Hitech should then have an additional message in the Country Status flip out page saying how many players will be needed to move to the low number country to turn it off. Normal ENY rules will apply as long as the two versus one percentage is not reached.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 11:06:56 PM »
I still say the country that gets mobbed down to 40% should get nukes for B-29's.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 11:33:36 PM »
Deny bathroom privledges.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 03:28:22 AM »
I've switched countries to the low side and had the numbers climb to the point that another country is now low.

When I try to switch to the now lowered number country I get a message that I can't switch for said number of hours. Why would there be a limit to how often I can change sides that is sooo long? I could understand an hour or something but to me this side switching limitation doesn't allow for you to easily switch to the country that's getting ganged.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 05:32:48 AM »
I simply attack the enemy that is most convenient to attack and rarely know which enemy team I'm attacking.

When the arm chair generals start squaking about attacking the other enemy, I have to check and see who I'm attacking to see what they are talking about.

I couldn't even say right now what colors I have the other chess pieces set to. White fields are friendly, the other two colors are bad guys.

This ganged status revolves through the three teams.
Game handle: HellBuck

Online Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 09:34:39 AM »
Bin off all make believe maps lets go AvA with real world ones.   

also start a separate thread for when the Axis pilots get  :ahand being outnumbered 5 to 1.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 10:25:36 AM »
2 sides, geographically realistic maps, (not necessarily real world maps),
fictitious but realistic is fine, and AvA one day a week, sounds kinda cool..

GVs would Axis Dominant..
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 10:31:02 AM by OldNitro »

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2019, 07:57:24 AM »
And the 1945 battles 30:1.

Target rich environment I must say.

Bin off all make believe maps lets go AvA with real world ones.   

also start a separate thread for when the Axis pilots get  :ahand being outnumbered 5 to 1.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2019, 10:02:00 AM »
I still say the country that gets mobbed down to 40% should get nukes for B-29's.

And one time-use air spawns.  :devil   
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2019, 05:56:18 PM »
Still think they should institute a 2 base max capture per side. After you capture 2 bases from team A, you must capture at least one base from team B before you can capture another base from team A. This way the "roll one side" get broken up and it forces the team making the runs to attack the "ignored" side spreading the fights better to ALL fronts.

I like this... I would also turn down scoring down to .25% after two bases are taken against that side too
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 01:15:14 AM »
They can take our land but they cant take our freedom!
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 06:48:43 AM »
You can all make as many smart bellybutton comments as you like but the premise of the OP stands.  It is simply not fun being outnumbered 5 to 1.  It does not matter if that is historically correct, this is a game and it is simply not fun.

You guys that brag that you love that environment so you can go hunt....you are in the minority.  You are probably in the range of 1% of players.  And before you all get overinflated about your skills the others could do it but for them staying safe in a 5 on 1 is boring as batshit

The fact is the game really needs to think about going 2 sides.  This would solve the gangbang issues and promote more even fights.  IMO

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2019, 07:04:02 AM »
Ganging due to 3 sides, and Funky unrealistic maps, due to 3 sides..

Slapping more artificial conditions on gameplay, just to mask a more deep
rooted problem (3 sides), is not moving in the right direction development wise..

Ah well, it is what it is...!

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2019, 07:38:53 AM »
Last night was a prime example of this. Bish was beat back to less than 40% of their own bases. Not a single nit/rook base changed hands. Was it fun for the 57 guys on the rook side that really had no one to fight?  What about knights that had 46 guys flying around aimlessly on the bish front with nothing to do. As the horde grew bish logged of. At “prime time” there was 37 bish on and two were new guys that had never played the game before. One lasted four flights was never seen again. The second. He gave it a hell of a go but I personally never seen him leave the run way. Hammer was assisting him so maybe he knows more.

And two of the guys that’s all ways spewing they like being out numbered as it gives them more target was seen twice in the horde picking of the few planes that upped.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2019, 07:45:42 AM »
I'm sure this has been <cough> "discussed", but I don't see why two sides would change the horde mentality.  It seems that some players play to win the war and tend to migrate to the side that is most focused on that goal and often has the numbers to accomplish it.  Why wouldn't that also be true with two sides?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?