Author Topic: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters  (Read 38155 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2019, 05:24:23 AM »
I'm just curious how you'd answer this question Bustr: The only time I've ever fought you (if memory serves) I was in a Bf109G-14 immediately after another fight in a poor energy state and you were in a Spit8 and I out-turned you and killed you. My question is: did you ever think to ask me how, ask me to show you, or otherwise want to go with me to the DA to learn the (intermediate) ACM I used to do that?

He was probably taking notes on the terrain for his next release he was working on.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2019, 07:39:52 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

According to Lusche’s charts seems like the Yak3 is a much bigger problem than the 190D. Amazing stats for a plane with “weak” guns and limited ammo.

Though I would call that more a "problem" than a problem ;), it still has only 6% of all fighter on fighter kills (even less when considering all A2A kill).
But then, I find this whole topic rather esoteric at this point in time. But that's just like my opinion, man.   :banana:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2019, 10:42:57 AM »
The only caveat being that an overemphasis on short-term 'victories' inevitably obstructs long-term progression of your ACM. If you find a player who can beat you consistently it's well worth the investment of multiple deaths to understand why - just as a counterpoint.

I think it merely evidences the validity of real-world design progression in fighter aircraft moving away from manoeuvrability and more towards higher speeds and energy-based tactics. As was already apparent by the Spanish Civil War. The faster plane can dictate the fight. Sounds a bit like you're asking HTC to do that for you.

Respectfully Violator it looks like you're a bit hung up on score or results.

Of course it does. Having the fastest plane was the #1 concern in real war. Speed is the #1 best advantage in air combat. E planes with alt and speed advantage was the key. Thats why Jets were so much more effective. It's common sense. I am asking Hitech to reduce usage by lightly perking a few more of the top planes that dictate the majority of all air combat in AH. I am proving that usage will be lower based on Tempest, F4U1c and F4u4 results of being perked. Statistical reference is the only way to look at all of the fighters based on K/D and player usage. I am not looking at score. I am looking at overall statistics of usage with K/D. Reducing the usage of these planes with proven methods of perking will bring better fights to the MA because people will have to utilize greater tactics than just being able to extend lazily away because they have a super later war plane that was designed purely for survival.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2019, 11:46:26 AM »
He was probably taking notes on the terrain for his next release he was working on.  :D

:rofl

:aok
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2019, 11:47:59 AM »

Of course it does. Having the fastest plane was the #1 concern in real war. Speed is the #1 best advantage in air combat. E planes with alt and speed advantage was the key. Thats why Jets were so much more effective. It's common sense. I am asking Hitech to reduce usage by lightly perking a few more of the top planes that dictate the majority of all air combat in AH. I am proving that usage will be lower based on Tempest, F4U1c and F4u4 results of being perked. Statistical reference is the only way to look at all of the fighters based on K/D and player usage. I am not looking at score. I am looking at overall statistics of usage with K/D. Reducing the usage of these planes with proven methods of perking will bring better fights to the MA because people will have to utilize greater tactics than just being able to extend lazily away because they have a super later war plane that was designed purely for survival.

And I’ll prove their usage will be lower via unsubscribing. 

There may be a tweak needed, but this ain’t it.

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2019, 01:03:35 PM »
And I’ll prove their usage will be lower via unsubscribing. 

There may be a tweak needed, but this ain’t it.

There's probably more proof of people leaving because of these planes rather than by perking them, and saying players will unsubscribe because they have to pay a small perk to fly an easy late war super plane is actually the real baseless claim.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2019, 01:19:55 PM »
since they are not perked, there is zero evidence that it will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2019, 01:24:03 PM »
since they are not perked, there is zero evidence that it will work.

But referring to other planes that are perked prove that perks do work. If not than why aren't more people flying temps, chogs, and 4hogs? There is solid evidence that perking the Chog did reduce it's usage. That's proof by reference.

What is the point of perking planes then?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2019, 01:24:14 PM »
There's probably more proof of people leaving because of these planes rather than by perking them, and saying players will unsubscribe because they have to pay a small perk to fly an easy late war super plane is actually the real baseless claim.

Well, the day the 51 gets perked I am gone, and I know a few who will go with me.   

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2019, 01:26:26 PM »
But referring to other planes that are perked prove that perks do work. If not than why aren't more people flying temps, chogs, and 4hogs? There is solid evidence that perking the Chog did reduce it's usage. That's proof by reference.

What is the point of perking planes then?

But it stands to reason that perking can have a domino effect. There will always be a plane to take the newly perked rides spot in the non perked category.

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2019, 01:40:00 PM »
But it stands to reason that perking can have a domino effect. There will always be a plane to take the newly perked rides spot in the non perked category.

I disagree. Sure players will get into the La5, the Yak9u, spit8, 190a5 and the P47m but those planes don't come any where close to the level of the Spit16, Yak3, 190D or the La7. Most planes as shown from Lusches stats show that the majority of regular fighters fit into a giant furball on the chart (ironic), which means these planes are most closely related in performance metrically speaking. This means the fights will be more balanced by reducing the usage of the higher kills planes.

Well, the day the 51 gets perked I am gone, and I know a few who will go with me.   

Why? Are you not good enough to earn enough perks in a P51B after 2 sorties to afford flying a better than average plane? I don't think the P51 should be perked, but that statement seems childesh.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2019, 01:50:34 PM »

Don’t let the door.. nevermind
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2019, 01:51:53 PM »
I disagree. Sure players will get into the La5, the Yak9u, spit8, 190a5 and the P47m but those planes don't come any where close to the level of the Spit16, Yak3, 190D or the La7. Most planes as shown from Lusches stats show that the majority of regular fighters fit into a giant furball on the chart (ironic), which means these planes are most closely related in performance metrically speaking. This means the fights will be more balanced by reducing the usage of the higher kills planes.

Why? Are you not good enough to earn enough perks in a P51B after 2 sorties to afford flying a better than average plane? I don't think the P51 should be perked, but that statement seems childesh.

I’m already annoyed with ENY.  Throw perks into the mix and forget it.  I have limited time to play these days and I don’t feel like wasting it trying to work my way up to the plane I want to fly.   You think runners are bad now?   Just wait until your perk dream becomes reality.   :rofl
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2019, 01:54:30 PM »
Eny should for sure be adjusted. Perking anymore planes just isn’t the best idea. I don’t see how people Running from you bothers you so much Violater. Your argument keeps going to behavior rather than the planes. Bad players will still find the fastest ride and will still run from a better pilot no matter what you put them in. Your idea only hampers people who enjoy flying those planes.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2019, 01:54:56 PM »

The yak3/spixteen guys will go to the LA5.  The speed guys will go to the fastest unperked jug or the 51B or the 109K.  My money would be on the 109K because it's more versatile.  They will continue to run, and the LA5 will become the new common furball plane.

And the newly perked planes will be flown even more timidly.

How is this an improvement again?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11