Author Topic: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters  (Read 38148 times)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Re: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2019, 02:01:01 PM »
I disagree. Sure players will get into the La5, the Yak9u, spit8, 190a5 and the P47m but those planes don't come any where close to the level of the Spit16, Yak3, 190D or the La7. Most planes as shown from Lusches stats show that the majority of regular fighters fit into a giant furball on the chart (ironic), which means these planes are most closely related in performance metrically speaking. This means the fights will be more balanced by reducing the usage of the higher kills planes.

ah, see that is where the domino effect starts. With those planes out of common rotation, new planes will fill that void as the Apex predator of the free plane category. This will, albiet not at first, create the same dilemma that you originally referred to. They may all fit in to the "furball" range of the data posted but the more players use the 5 aircraft that you mentioned, the better they get the more you will see a change to that data and you will find that the new apex predators will separate themselves from the flock and this topic
Please perk or reduce the <insert aircraft design series>
will come again, and again, and again. It's very cyclic.

:salute
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2019, 02:11:57 PM »
ah, see that is where the domino effect starts. With those planes out of common rotation, new planes will fill that void as the Apex predator of the free plane category. This will, albiet not at first, create the same dilemma that you originally referred to.

Well said.   :salute
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2019, 02:21:04 PM »
Of course it does. Having the fastest plane was the #1 concern in real war. Speed is the #1 best advantage in air combat.

You're old-school AH brah. That time has passed. Only engaging with advantage is the #1 best advantage in Aces High now. As the average skill level has dropped the risk-assesment level has inversely elevated. They'd probably fly even more timidly if you perked them.

HTC isn't going to do anything. It's up to you.  :salute

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2019, 02:31:53 PM »
ah, see that is where the domino effect starts. With those planes out of common rotation, new planes will fill that void as the Apex predator of the free plane category. This will, albiet not at first, create the same dilemma that you originally referred to. They may all fit in to the "furball" range of the data posted but the more players use the 5 aircraft that you mentioned, the better they get the more you will see a change to that data and you will find that the new apex predators will separate themselves from the flock and this topic  will come again, and again, and again. It's very cyclic.

:salute

I don't believe it would start that effect because these top planes have more of an advantage than 90% of the rest of the fighter base. If more top planes are perked, other planes would fill the void. Even though they are still good planes, they would still not be as performance based therefore you would see a lot more balance in the kill #s per plane because more planes in that furball zone would be utilized. You would still have planes like the spit8 and Ki84, and TA152 but they would not have the same performance of flying the Yak3 or spit16 or 190D, therefore you would see more of a balance relative among most planes that would create a much better fighting atmosphere where players couldn't just hit X and extend way when someone jumps their 6.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2019, 02:35:12 PM »

You're old-school AH brah. That time has passed. Only engaging with advantage is the #1 best advantage in Aces High now. As the average skill level has dropped the risk-assesment level has inversely elevated. They'd probably fly even more timidly if you perked them.

HTC isn't going to do anything. It's up to you.  :salute

They might fly more timidly, but stats show us there would be far less of them, which is actually better.

Remember when the Spit5 was the top popular plane in AH? It actually got the majority of players to fight because they couldn't run. Now we have planes like the Yak3 and spit16 that can simply run if they lose advantage. They no longer really need to learn air combat to survive.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2019, 02:45:01 PM »
They no longer really need to learn air combat to survive.

Yeah buddy I agree. With the proximity of bases, ship ack, 88-mm, supporting ground vehicles and no cultural support to fight that's where AH is at. I'm as sorry as you about it.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2019, 02:48:30 PM »
No one goes to the DA anymore to learn ACM, and most just fly fast, HO, run away and repeat.

I've noticed you tend to not answer when challenged Bustr. I honestly hold no grudge with you at all. I really don't get why you wouldn't ask that day. I'd have spent an hour with you immediately and taught you. I'd have told no one and have treated you respectfully. I just don't get why you wouldn't want to know.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2019, 02:52:28 PM »
I've noticed you tend to not answer when challenged Bustr. I honestly hold no grudge with you at all. I really don't get why you wouldn't ask that day. I'd have spent an hour with you immediately and taught you. I'd have told no one and have treated you respectfully. I just don't get why you wouldn't want to know.

^ Acknowledge my superiority and beg me to be your sensai post.  :D

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2019, 04:00:36 PM »

As usual, don't know until you try it but i believe my arguements are better than yours and make more rational sense.   :airplane:

I didn't make an argument. I just pointed out that a premise for your argument was opinion so the conclusion does not logically follow from the usage statistics.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying you have an opinion and a preference and a wish.   :aok

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2019, 04:48:47 PM »
Perk no.

Change eny yes for d9 and yak3.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2019, 04:53:22 PM »
I didn't make an argument. I just pointed out that a premise for your argument was opinion so the conclusion does not logically follow from the usage statistics.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying you have an opinion and a preference and a wish.   :aok

The 190D has a better overall K/D and gets 1000 more kills every month than other top planes like the Yak3, and La7 which get 1000 more kills typically than a temp and F4u4. The 190D gets 700-800 more kills than a Ki84 typically, (which is another plane that needs an ENY reduction). The 190D gets 2500 more kills than a P47m with the same K/D. That's a lot of kills! Being that the 190D is an E fighter. That's a lot of bomber killing and mostly high alt picking and extending away. They can escape fights easily which means they can get more kills.  This is not an opinion.

My conclusion is that the 190D and a few others need to be perked to reduce usage in order to incentivize players to choose less high performance planes that don't even get 700-800 kills a tour. This would bring some balance back to the MA regarding stale gameplay fighting the same top fighter planes over and over again which dominate the airspace. Those less used planes are relative to the same performance metrically and would create more balance fighting in the MA. Even if some of the other decent planes increased in kills. They still would be easier to fight than the top performing planes right now simply because they don't have as much performance. It's hardly an opinion.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 04:55:12 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2019, 05:09:45 PM »
It's a conspiracy!  :old: :banana: :bolt:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2019, 05:10:53 PM »
Oh, and I'll take a 51 any day over a 190 for slaying bombers.   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2019, 05:13:55 PM »
Perking the 190D just stops players with no perks from flying it. That's fact.

Perking the 190D will reduce it's usage by players with perks. That's an opinion that seems likely.

Reducing 190D usage will improve game play in the MA.  That's an opinion with no foundation.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2019, 05:50:25 PM »
Perking the 190D just stops players with no perks from flying it. That's fact.

Perking the 190D will reduce it's usage by players with perks. That's an opinion that seems likely.

Reducing 190D usage will improve game play in the MA.  That's an opinion with no foundation.

So basically that's the same premise for every other perk plane... It works for the other perked planes. Why not add a few more?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-