Author Topic: Return of Wild Bill and MicroProse  (Read 35922 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Return of Wild Bill and MicroProse
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2019, 04:50:27 PM »
I REALLY wish someone would do something similar to Red Baron or Aces Over Europe's career mode with a modern game.  Starting out low rank and working your way up with more responsibility/flexibility as you go... 

Absolutely!

When I was first starting WW1WF, I was planning on making it a downloadable set of offline missions that you would play in a sequence and I would kinda simulate this and give you promotions and medals at each mission briefing as you went.  Some missions in the sequence would be you getting challenged to a duel by one of the aces!  Just because I had so much fun playing the original RB!   :rock

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2019, 04:51:23 PM »
Just checked my Civ V time: 963 hours.

OK.  That is just an illness.   
 :rofl
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2019, 04:52:58 PM »
The Red Baron career mode kicked ass  :rock

I was always disappointed when later flight sims got back to 'campaign modes' being just a series of scripted missions.

Yeah, if the runnable mission had just been text instead of compiled, I'd have written a dynamic campaign program for WW1WF.

:bhead

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2019, 04:58:27 PM »
Absolutely!

When I was first starting WW1WF, I was planning on making it a downloadable set of offline missions that you would play in a sequence and I would kinda simulate this and give you promotions and medals at each mission briefing as you went.  Some missions in the sequence would be you getting challenged to a duel by one of the aces!  Just because I had so much fun playing the original RB!   :rock

The part I really liked was the joining a squad and moving with them as the war progressed with the roster changing as people came in/left/were killed.  New aircraft coming in on both sides as you went, eventually being able to choose your plane/skin.  So much replayability...

Sadly I doubt it'd be profitable.  I don't think there are that many people who'd go for it these days.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2019, 05:17:53 PM »
Just checked my Civ V time: 963 hours.

Yeah, I could see how that could happen. I remember the first time I played it or maybe it was one of the other iterations.  The first 1/2 hour I was like "well this is cute but who would waste their lives playing this"......the next morning.........I had my answer.
Pies not kicks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2019, 05:32:20 PM »
Yeah, I could see how that could happen. I remember the first time I played it or maybe it was one of the other iterations.  The first 1/2 hour I was like "well this is cute but who would waste their lives playing this"......the next morning.........I had my answer.

:rofl

I wasn't that bad, but I had some friends who were.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2019, 07:39:55 PM »

Just one more turn....
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2019, 08:08:53 PM »
In either case, it depicts a 109E from 1940 against B-17G's and P-51D's from 1944 so I'm not impressed.
Is that like the tank main gunning the plane on the steam page for aces high?  I wasn’t impressed with that. 

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2019, 08:10:24 PM »
Is that like the tank main gunning the plane on the steam page for aces high?  I wasn’t impressed with that.

Yeah, that was dumb. That whole video was terrible, really.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2019, 10:31:23 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsion_loop   :cool:

I've got 21 active characters in Star Trek Online. I'm a 'casual player.'

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2019, 07:36:51 AM »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2019, 02:21:46 PM »
Hmmm.  The airfield is not overly impressive.

Terrain looks like AH I.  Not many trees.  And they are laying the first ground object down mid-May and they are planning to release a finished product in October? 

Really?  Seriously?  OK.  Looking forward to downloading it to try.....in 4 months.

http://bhlanding.ient.com/warbirdsforum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=533
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 02:23:34 PM by CptTrips »

Offline Archie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2019, 02:34:31 PM »
CptTrips, Will Bill wrote that those are early efforts, so the final ones should look even better  :cheers:.

Clearly airfield is not finished either, even the hangars have no textures.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 02:36:08 PM by Archie »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2019, 02:54:03 PM »
CptTrips, Will Bill wrote that those are early efforts, so the final ones should look even better  :cheers:.

Clearly airfield is not finished either, even the hangars have no textures.

He stated in that post:
On time for October release.

First Ground Objects being placed.

That was 37 days ago.  Not two years ago.  That is a screenshot of the first placed ground object they placed on 12 May 2019 or there about.  I'm just quoting the man.

so the final ones should look even better  :cheers:.

One would certainly hope so. 

They have about 4-5 months to release the final product.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 02:56:04 PM by CptTrips »