Author Topic: Pretty fed up.  (Read 20479 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Pretty fed up.
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2019, 11:22:35 AM »
we already have an optin/out. you have to tune 200 for cross country coms. I like being able to talk cross country,  or at least watch. I'd hate to see it stop.

I think more mods and with them being harder on the over the top stuff. A reminder to calm down,  and then mute if they dont. I think we have been able to get away with too much for too long and the internet mentality of bullying just adds up to toxic issues.  Time to reign them in a bit. Some people are  doing it just to piss players  and is the only reason they are in the game.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2019, 11:23:03 AM »
Who thinks that it is a good idea to disable cross country chat?

I don't.  I very much enjoy talking to people I've just fought, or broadcasting where I'll be so that I can find a fight.

- oldman

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2019, 11:34:44 AM »
The ability to opt out is already a function in this game:  Don't tune to channel 200.  That doesn't solve the problem.  I don't know if deleting the ability to chat cross country will work, but other than disabling the ability of those who are offensive, (as has been done to me),  I don't see any other way to fix this.  People aren't going to police themselves.
Maybe it is me.  Maybe I bring out the worst in other players.  Maybe if I stopped playing for a while, everything would be great and happy...but I don't think so.

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2019, 11:45:05 AM »
I don't believe moderators were involved in curtailing my chat privileges.  It is a function of reporting.  If you can get enough people to report another, they will be muted.  This is especially true when it is after hours on a Friday or Saturday.  Basically, there aren't enough people on who, on a day to day basis, care what most people say unless it is racist, or irremediably offensive.  What I typed is nothing to the work arounds others use to to call out someone they don't like.  And yet, I never seem to see them muted or their chat privileges revoked.  Even in this thread on poster has done that by using the letter "F".  Which is certainly as egregious as anything I have typed.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2019, 12:09:14 PM »
The ability to opt out is already a function in this game:  Don't tune to channel 200.  That doesn't solve the problem.  I don't know if deleting the ability to chat cross country will work, but other than disabling the ability of those who are offensive, (as has been done to me),  I don't see any other way to fix this.  People aren't going to police themselves.
Maybe it is me.  Maybe I bring out the worst in other players.  Maybe if I stopped playing for a while, everything would be great and happy...but I don't think so.

In game handle?

Chuikov

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2019, 12:15:15 PM »
I have the ability to close all cross country messaging. I have been debating if I wan to run a test week with cross country disabled.

HiTech
Just ban those that can't seem to get along on 200. Many like it and do fine. Some do not do well and many of those are the reason they do not do well.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2019, 01:09:18 PM »
Same old story.. My observation has been that the type of dudes who get themselves muted are also the type of dudes who get real angry about being muted. Bringing it to the forum is just digging the hole deeper. It’s just a video game dude, you may be losing perspective on that.

In your own words you said that you deserved it and it’s not the first time you’ve lost your privileges. So maybe, just maybe, the problem isn’t other people or this video game.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2019, 02:10:12 PM »
I am not "real angry about being muted".  I have been playing this game for over 18 years, and have been "Muted" one other time, some 10 years ago.
It is my observation that that people who wish to pin the blame on those that point out a problem, are probably the ones who bully and antagonize them to begin with.
If you play for any amount of time, you would see for yourself how people are singled out and ganged up on.  It isn't just me, but it is the same people doing the bullying over and over.
Your perspective is the one which needs adjusting.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2019, 02:18:46 PM »
I have the ability to close all cross country messaging. I have been debating if I wan to run a test week with cross country disabled.

HiTech
I enjoy like some others have said talking to my enemies in a civil manner but if it needs to be done then I guess we will have to go without it since some people can't behave
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2019, 02:31:04 PM »

HiTech
:aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2019, 02:45:13 PM »
Do it..... :old:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 02:47:03 PM by Canspec »
Gnat
The Kommando for FSO
AoM
Der Wander Zirkus
GFC

Offline XconX

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2019, 03:07:00 PM »

HiTech

I was never on channel 200, and still got abusive PMs from internet tough guys, so I think this is a great idea. It was the primary reason I left the game, and would probably persuade me to come back. There's nothing like having a grown adult meltdown like a three year old and constantly stalk you in PMs. It kinda ruins the game. As for the OP, good riddance. Your actions are a major part of what has been ruining this game.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2019, 03:28:32 PM »
I really don't understand what permasquelch wouldn't solve about this situation without bending the game around the lowest common denominator.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2019, 03:33:16 PM »

HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2019, 03:35:25 PM »
Could it be made an Opt-in/Opt-out anytime feature?

We already have an opt in/out. Detune 200. But since it's not the default, newbies get a taste of AH kindergarten playground before they get anything else.