Author Topic: New Players Looking For Trainer  (Read 5572 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Players Looking For Trainer
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2020, 08:07:47 PM »
If it just sent a message to the MA like  "Somebody wants help in the TA", then anybody who cared to go could go and help.

I think this is a great idea.

- oldman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2020, 12:42:18 PM »
I hope Dale makes the trainers more accessible but it's kind of a shame that he would have to step in to do so. You'd figure that an individual, who accepts the responsibility as a trainer, a vital need in this game for most new accounts, would actually make themselves available in game to serve as trainers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send him a case of his favorite whiskey. Maybe he'll change his policy.   :aok

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2020, 01:08:47 PM »
Send him a case of his favorite whiskey. Maybe he'll change his policy.   :aok

or, you could take a proactive approach to "training" and actually provide in game training to those that may need training without the need for it to be a schedule based affair.. just saying... .   :aok
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2020, 01:48:56 PM »
or, you could take a proactive approach to "training" and actually provide in game training to those that may need training without the need for it to be a schedule based affair.. just saying... .   :aok

This.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2020, 01:54:44 PM »

Well then who would be in charge of snark on the bulletin board?
:rofl
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2020, 01:57:40 PM »
Well then who would be in charge of snark on the bulletin board?
:rofl

:rofl :D :bolt:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2020, 02:25:52 PM »

I'm thinking Trainers will be phased out, if all we need according to FLS is a global text asking the General Population for help.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2020, 06:02:44 PM »

How would you staff that?

Let's assume you just cover primetime USA 3 timezones 7 days a week. How many trainers and how much time are they committed to? 

I'm thinking Trainers will be phased out, if all we need according to FLS is a global text asking the General Population for help.

Coogan

There are different levels of training. You could be helpful to a newbie without being able to explain high aspect merges.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 06:26:56 PM by FLS »

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2020, 06:35:33 PM »
I think you're over thinkig this. If Im in the MA for all Im doing in there and see a message that someone needs help it would be probably be more worthwhile to go help in the TA. If you have a few people willing then I think it would work.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
New Players Looking For Trainer
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2020, 06:36:27 PM »
The website lists 7 trainers. Is this accurate?

A menu option to the clipboard could be added called "trainers". Clicking this link should flip out the CB side panel and list all trainers that are currently online. Each name should be a hyperlink that sends the chosen trainer a pop-up stating " Pilot A requests training". It should also have two buttons 1. "Yes" once clicked, the requestor and the trainer are loaded in to the TA at the same field. 2. "No" clicking this will prompt you to send a PM to the requestor letting them know why you can't train them.

Use the PM to ask them if a later training date will work. You then note the date and time that was agreed upon and annotate it in your training forums or on you refrigerator.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2020, 07:02:34 PM »
You think they should make appointments?  :rofl

The question was how many trainers would you need to staff the MA so that a newbie could request a trainer in game? To make it simple let's limit it to prime time USA, 3 timezones, 7 days a week when we have the most players.

Ignore the current trainer list, assume you can have as many as required. 

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2020, 07:07:27 PM »
You think they should make appointments?  :rofl

The question was how many trainers would you need to staff the MA so that a newbie could request a trainer in game? To make it simple let's limit it to prime time USA, 3 timezones, 7 days a week when we have the most players.

Ignore the current trainer list, assume you can have as many as required.

I put the appointment bit in there so you'll be able to sleep tonight... .

You asked for a number and I gave you an answer based in the number of trainers listed on the website.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2020, 07:12:23 PM »
How many hours each day are you requiring your 7 trainers to be online and how do you decide which trainer has which day?

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2020, 07:19:11 PM »
How many hours each day are you requiring your 7 trainers to be online and how do you decide which trainer has which day?

It's not a decide which day kind of gig.

If they are on, they are available. As far as hours go, there should be enough coverage to cover prime time with some overlap on either side.

If not, allow players to tag themselves as available trainers when they are on. Problem solved.

I do have a question for you.

Where are these clinics and write-ups that are mentioned on the homepage that training corps will produce?

Just curious is all.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2020, 07:27:54 PM »
You didn't solve anything. If you want players to be able to get a trainer in game you have to have a trainer in game.

This is why I say you don't have a good idea.

The write ups are on the trainer site. Clinics are whenever a trainer wants to put one on.