Author Topic: Another 737 down  (Read 8335 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: Another 737 down
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2020, 01:58:18 PM »
which is why no Americans died in the save face attack.

Looking at the impact photos that was pure good luck - it was nothing to do with firing to miss. Those missiles have a CER of 500m, a circle of 1km radius. Looking at the photos they could easily have hit other buildings.

Also the ayatollah has said this isn't the end of it, despite what the iranian government is saying on twitter.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2020, 02:35:32 PM »
Iran is discontinuing overt and continuing their 40 years of covert.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2020, 02:46:23 PM »
Looking at the impact photos that was pure good luck - it was nothing to do with firing to miss. Those missiles have a CER of 500m, a circle of 1km radius. Looking at the photos they could easily have hit other buildings.

Also the ayatollah has said this isn't the end of it, despite what the iranian government is saying on twitter.

Those bases were evacuated well before the attacks. They were more than likely talking to trump on back channels. The cabal controls Iran. (Ie, look at how the dems are acting). Now that the clown boy who was holding them hostage is dead, I expect negotiations and freedom to come soon to iran.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2020, 02:51:28 PM »
MOSCOW - U.S. officials have "high confidence" that an Iranian antiaircraft missile brought down a Ukrainian passenger jet near Tehran, killing all 176 aboard, a U.S. official said.

The official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss the matter on the record, said U.S. authorities believe the plane was hit by a SA-15 surface-to-air missile, a Russian-made system also known as Tor air defense.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/nation-world/ukraine-iran-plane-crash-20200109.html

Looks like Fork was right.

- oldman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2020, 03:19:03 PM »
Those bases were evacuated well before the attacks. They were more than likely talking to trump on back channels. The cabal controls Iran. (Ie, look at how the dems are acting). Now that the clown boy who was holding them hostage is dead, I expect negotiations and freedom to come soon to iran.

didn't know Iran had a Democrat party.  wow the things you learn every day.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2020, 03:27:53 PM »
Edit: Rocco found the video I was mentioning.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 03:44:52 PM by davidpt40 »

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2020, 03:51:28 PM »
Damn that is sad.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2020, 03:52:08 PM »
MOSCOW - U.S. officials have "high confidence" that an Iranian antiaircraft missile brought down a Ukrainian passenger jet near Tehran, killing all 176 aboard, a U.S. official said.

The official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss the matter on the record, said U.S. authorities believe the plane was hit by a SA-15 surface-to-air missile, a Russian-made system also known as Tor air defense.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/nation-world/ukraine-iran-plane-crash-20200109.html

Looks like Fork was right.

- oldman

More information: Video of the missile impacting the jet from Twitter. Dude was just strolling out for a smoke and happened to have a video running. You can see a missile streaking forward, exploding underneath Ukranian Flight PS752.

:(
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 03:56:12 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2020, 03:55:42 PM »
didn't know Iran had a Democrat party.  wow the things you learn every day.

semp

Yup, suprising isnt it?

Let's see: we have have Lisa Page (mom was iranian) we have Peter Strzok who lived in Iran (dad was Iranian), we have Susan Rice (iranian), we have Obama funding their missiles with his unauthorized  cash. Then we have John Kerry whose daughter married an Iranian national. Then have Pelosi defending Iran, Ilhan Omar defending Iran. And isn't it strange that Piglosi, Kerry, and Biden's kids working in gas companies in Ukraine.

Yeah, sure sounds like Iran has a democratic party LOL.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2020, 03:59:32 PM »
I guess the real question now is what will be done?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2020, 04:10:33 PM »
My question is. Why weren't all planes grounded? Missiles going off and the plane happens to be taking off? Just happen to hit the plane as its taking off. Seems like a high margin of error for a missile to accidentally hit a plane. Why would they risk taking off if missiles are that close to the airport?

The plane wasn't hit by a rocket fired at Iraq - those missiles were long gone, as the attack took place an hour or more prior, and were likely not launched from the immediate vicinity of the airport.  It appears that it was hit by an air defense missile (SA-15) that mistakenly targeted the aircraft.  The hit was not some one-in-a-million coincidence between a random missile launch and the aircraft wandering into its path - it was a radar command-guided missile, so it would have been steered toward the target by the system's ground-based radar, and detonated by an onboard proximity fuse.  The missile could have been accidentally fired (as in, they were tracking the target but didn't actually mean to fire the missile), or intentionally fired, presumably under the belief that the target was a hostile aircraft.  Engagement times for such a system are between a couple and several seconds, so there isn't much (if any) time to recognize such a mistake and abort the engagement.

In countries such as Iran, air defense missiles are likely permanently stationed near airports, so the idea that their presence would prevent takeoff would mean that the airport would be a permanent no-go area.

Mike

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2020, 04:55:13 PM »
I guess the real question now is what will be done?

There will be a rally/funeral. Lots of people in ninja outfits will chant "deeth to amerika" and effigies of the great orange satan will be burned.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2020, 04:56:52 PM »
The plane wasn't hit by a rocket fired at Iraq - those missiles were long gone, as the attack took place an hour or more prior, and were likely not launched from the immediate vicinity of the airport.  It appears that it was hit by an air defense missile (SA-15) that mistakenly targeted the aircraft.  The hit was not some one-in-a-million coincidence between a random missile launch and the aircraft wandering into its path - it was a radar command-guided missile, so it would have been steered toward the target by the system's ground-based radar, and detonated by an onboard proximity fuse.  The missile could have been accidentally fired (as in, they were tracking the target but didn't actually mean to fire the missile), or intentionally fired, presumably under the belief that the target was a hostile aircraft.  Engagement times for such a system are between a couple and several seconds, so there isn't much (if any) time to recognize such a mistake and abort the engagement.

In countries such as Iran, air defense missiles are likely permanently stationed near airports, so the idea that their presence would prevent takeoff would mean that the airport would be a permanent no-go area.

Mike

Interesting. TY for your educated response. It just seems bizarre to me that the planes before it were not targeted, and it seems odd that they would be targeting planes near the runway of their own airport. I just feel like there is more to it than we know at this time. Seems incredibly negligent. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2020, 05:00:39 PM »
Yup, suprising isnt it?

Let's see: we have have Lisa Page (mom was iranian) we have Peter Strzok who lived in Iran (dad was Iranian), we have Susan Rice (iranian), we have Obama funding their missiles with his unauthorized  cash. Then we have John Kerry whose daughter married an Iranian national. Then have Pelosi defending Iran, Ilhan Omar defending Iran. And isn't it strange that Piglosi, Kerry, and Biden's kids working in gas companies in Ukraine.

Yeah, sure sounds like Iran has a democratic party LOL.

don't forget the guy at the 711, the guy that owns a McDonalds 2 blocks away,  hell my bartender is part iranian, damn they're everywhere and too think they're American vets, what is the world coming to.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.